“Surprised”

Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Nashua
“Surprised”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Booked one of the newly renovated rooms with hardwood floors, non smoking. Excellent bed, three pillows, ice cold air, very clean with excellent cable package. Staff seemed friendly, on site security walking the parking lot, guy look like Mr. Clean, felt safe. Thin walls I read from another review????? Stayed on the second floor and the hotel was completely booked, room 242 is super quiet, did hear someone getting ice down the hall but could hear that in any hotel. Room 242 is on the back side with almost no cars and away from the main road, would stay again. My only gripe is pool closes at dusk. More perks, elevator, great power strips on bed side tables, and although I didn’t order any food they have rooms service for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Room 242 on the backs side and away from the main road.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mery L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your review! We at Red Roof Inn strive to provide a professional and courteous staff as well as clean and comfortable rooms at a reasonable cost. I look forward to seeing you again on your travels through West Palm Beach, FL
Mery Lugo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

The sign outside advertises new rooms, but the rooms are not recently updated. We could hear everything in the room next to ours- which at 1 am when we arrived - included screams, dogs barking, and doors slamming. The bathroom was dirty looking and I didn't want to touch anything. I have stayed in plenty of older hotel rooms, but that have been maintained and cleaned properly. This was not the case at the red roof inn. Even though we were staying for days, we immediately moved to a cleaner hotel 6 miles away.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank MrsBBAS
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience. I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during your stay with us. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them and in this case it seems that we failed. I have spoken to my quality team and shared this with them to make sure we are providing excellent cleanliness that exceeds standards in all our rooms to compliment the changes. I hope one day you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these West Palm Beach hotels

Plant City, Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked the rooms via a 3rd party, then called a couple of days later to request adjoining rooms as we had booked two rooms with 4 adults and 3 children. I spoke with Carol and although she would not guarantee, she said she would personally note the request in our file and would at the very least get us as close as possible. My husband called the morning of our arrival and spoke with Carol again. No adjoining room would be available, evidently they only have two rooms that have a connecting door and they had been rented out. She would "try" to at least get us on the same floor. When we arrived it took a bit of doing and another clerks help to make the same floor a reality, The rooms were not very close at all and one of them (the one my children were given) had german cockroaches to greet them. My daughter did not tell me about that until the next morning. Ugh.....sure, this is Florida, but we have never been in a hotel with roaches before. We stayed the 2nd night (roaches again when they entered their room that evening) and I told the clerk when we checked out about the roach issue. Her answer, apologetically, was that she would like to discount the room but there was nothing she could do since we had booked through a 3rd party. She was sorry. This is a pet hotel, 3 floors and the first two are for pets. This is great for pet owners, I guess....but my husband was concerned about fleas. There were none, thankfully, but the room had a very heavy perfumy smell to it.....possibly to cover up pet odors. I can't say for sure. We hung the "Do not disturb" sign on the door when we went out the next day, this kept housekeeping out. There was no perfume smell that evening since we did that. I don't think we will stay here again. Our next trip to WPB we will spend a bit more to get a nicer hotel. The AC worked fine. There is no blow dryer in the room, but you can request one. One tiny bottle of shampoo and two small bars of soap are provided. One other thing I will mention is that we were given what was noted as an "accessible room" (we did not need this, but it was the closest room to our children that was available.). If we had needed an accessible room, this would have been a real problem. There was a good size threshold at the door that a wheelchair might have a problem getting over. The bathroom was definitely not wheelchair accessible and the bath tub is a regular, non accessible bathtub. There was nothing "accessible" about this room. Be aware of this if you do need accessibility.

Room Tip: The roaches were in room 237. The non-accessible "accessible" room was 226.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kingsgirl55
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with bugs. I want to let you know as a brand we are committed to a safe and clean environment to our guests. We have one of the best pest control companies providing weekly preventative service at all our hotels. We will ensure this issue is resolved immediately. I also want to apology for not having the adjoining rooms as you requested. We tried our best to accommodate you as close as possible to each others. It is our hope that you will accept our apology and hope you give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Sincerely
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

RRI is known for their pet friendly properties. Well, this one has a really screwed one. One pet per room. Really? On top of that, they made us to sign some paperwork related to dog(s) staying in the room. Moreover, they shut down the pool when we arrived. IMHO, that really sucked. Though the room was clean and newly renovated. They really need to change their pet policy to make this place rock.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Inna S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience. Unfortunately the pool was closed during your stay for maintenance issues. For the safety and security of our guests during maintenance problems we have to closed our pool. I'm happy to say that our pool is currently in working conditions. Regarding your comment about our pet policy I want to thank you for bringing it to our attention it will help us get a better understanding of how our pet policy affects those traveling with more than one pet and the need for us to accommodate guests traveling with multiple pets. It is our hope that you will accept our sincere apology and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The entire staff was really nice & pleasant. Front desk clerk, Carol, was outstanding! Always cordial, professional, willingness to help and, most of all, always had a great big (and pretty) smile on her face. She is a great asset to the Red Roof Inn family!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper north side are the best! So quiet you can hear yourself think.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Efrem29
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience. I am very glad to know that Carol gave you excellent service during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Carol and the rest of my staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your next stay with us.

St. Marys, Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My son FINALLY got to stay at a Red Roof Inn.....he's been wanting to do so for some time. We had a GREAT time at this location. At check in, Sherry provided us with print out of locations we needed to go to while visiting the area. The manager Laura Hurst was FANTASTIC!!!! We were actually celebrating my son's birthday and she gave him some WONDERFUL mementos. When he came home, he built his own Red Roof Inn out of LEGOS! There's no breakfast or cookies at check in but my son could careless....he LOVES 'HIS' Red Roof Inn. The onsite security is amazing and you gotta love being able to bring your pet for no extra charge. Our boxer gave Red Roof Inn 4 paws up! =)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Laura H, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn, I am glad we made your son's birthday a memorable one. We look forward to see you again in the future
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We arrived here from an older Red Roof Inn and this one's amazing by comparison. I failed to read the card in the room, So we got "green" service, And the floor was never dustmopped or swept until we changed our service. We loved that the floor is laminate and not carpet, but daily sweeping is needed! It's Florida - sand - plus our dog. Just clear up what service you want in advance, and you'll have a great stay. Front desk staff will supply supply items missed by housekeeping.

Beds and WiFi both great.

Negatives - keys never worked more than one day, no laundry.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kukuforkokonuts
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear KuKu (love the name), Thank you for your response. We are glad you are pleased with our renovation and appreciate all your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager