“No thanks”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed for one night while traveling though Florida. We didn't mind the strip club across the street; didn't seem as seedy as people said. But the hotel...no thanks. We arrived and the front deal clerk spent 10 mins with a couple, so we left to get food and came back. When we got back he was having to broker some domestic dispute and give a lady her own room. Guy in the lobby said he'd stayed there all week for work and saw cops there every night. Clientele was pretty low rent. Room smelled terribly musty. Bathroom had dust and hairs in the corners. Run, don't walk, do one of the hotels next door. It's worth the extra $50

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Johanna J

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The beds are very comfy, but my only problem was you could literally hear conversations in the hallway, I found pieces of hair in the bathroom, the room had a weird smell & so did the stairs & I found a stain on the bed sheets..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I call your hotel and I talked to one of the ladies at the front desk and I asked her do y'all take CLC corporate lodging cards. She said yes!I told her that I am driving a big rig truck.. I was driving up from Miami Florida to West Palm Beach where I was going to spend the night. I proceeded to pull into the parking lot of the Red Roof Inn circle the building proceeded to park when a young lady came out front where I was at and told me that they don't take semi trucks... I've let her know that I had called over 3 hours ago and inform somebody at the desk that I spoke with that you guys did .now you telling me you don't... So of course I couldn't stay at this location but you'll need to make it clear what's going on with the parking situation when the geuss call,so I had to go around the corner another five miles to Ramada .. Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach thank you for nothing..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I booked for 2 nights. First day check fridge and its beer in the fridge which means housekeeping did not clean the room properly. I had towels no wash cloths a/c worked when it wanted to . I calles frony desk about the issues and they were not friendly . Tge lady kinda laughed about the beer being in the fridge when i said i had no towels she said. For me to come to the front and get some instead of offering to bring them being that their. Staff. Obviously didnt do their job. I also called about my toilet leaking all around the bottom on the floor. The bathroom tub felt like. Sand paper on my feet i showered with my shoes on. When emailed with i guess the manager he didnt seem to care either i see why the staff is so non chalant. (Poor management) i work. In a hotel and if we had any bad feed back from a guest we always do whatever to compensate for the customer bad experience and encourage them to come back i personally will never recommend this particular red roof inn they are horrible

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jaiden08
Mery L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the experience you encountered during your stay with us. . At Red Roof Inn, it is our goal to provide you with clean, comfortable rooms. I want to let you know I have spoken to my quality team as well as my front desk staff and shared your review with them to make sure we are providing excellent cleanliness and great customer service. I hope one day you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have been staying here for a couple of days now with a couple more nights to go. The first room I stayed in had a heavy mildew smell so I switched rooms. This one isn't bad. The floors are wood laminate with a small rug by the bed. I watch the housekeeper clean and she really does spend quite a bit of time cleaning the rooms and she seems to do a good job. The mildew smell in some of the rooms comes from the fact that the bathrooms don't have fan, so there is nowhere for the humidity to go. Be prepared to bring your own conditioner if you come because the bathrooms only provide soap and shampoo. Some of the rooms don't have a hairdryer but I was able to borrow one from the front desk. The employees are all very nice and helpful. There is no breakfast but there is coffee and a microwave in some rooms or a microwave in the lobby for those that need one and don't have one. The rooms are quiet, no issues at all with temperature, and the price is good, One major issue I'm having is wifi. The connection is not good and I keep getting disconnected every 30 seconds. I have called customer service and they tried to help. Apparently too many people on the server and there was some sort of interference with that room. It wasn't any better after i changed rooms, so I'm using my phone hotspot right now.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mery L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your review. At Red Roof Inn, it is our goal to provide you with clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. I apologize for the smell of the room, we are working very hard on improving the humidity issue we are experiencing I also want to let you know we are working on improving the WIFI connection. If you are still staying here with us please contact me at the Inn and I will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Recent stay for business. Hotel is clean and generally in good condition. It is 100% smoke free and is in a good location.
Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was not happy with one of the desk members when I returned and the room was note ready (5 o'clock). Another desk member Sherry, was outstanding. She was eager to get me in another room and made the overall experience much better.

For the money, it was well worth it! Thanks Sherry!! Without you, I would have rated the overall experience below average.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am very glad to know that Sherry gave you excellent service during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Sherry and the rest of the team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Way to go Red Roof! I booked a room for two nights March 2014. My reservations were made through a third party which went seamless. Hotel room was clean, bed linen was very clean, room was excellent temp at all times (I never had to touch it), room was quiet at all times, and the price was a bargin. The extra's were things like a Cracker Barrel next door, close to I-95, gas station across the street and close to everything.
I highly recommend this Red Roof to my friend and family......as well as anyone who is interested in a great room at a great rate.
Red Roof nailed this one!

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet the rooms in the back have a wonderful area for exercise and potty break