“Hands down best sub ever.”
Review of Russo's Submarine - CLOSED

Russo's Submarine
“Hands down best sub ever.”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

There are no bells, whistles or pom-pom's here. If you have a palate that enjoys quality and freshness, this is the place for you. This is no fast food sub by any means. The fresh bread coupled with the simplicity of the other fresh ingredients make this a sub that should be on your bucket list.

Palm Beach, Florida
“FL native. Now living in IA & Russo's is the first place I visit.”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I'm a West Palm Beach native. I have been eating Russo's since I was old enough to eat solid foods. I wouldn't doubt if Russo's was my first sub. I have been eating Russo's for 26 years. My mom and dad have been going to Russo's since they were teenagers. My mom and dad took my siblings and I to Russo's thousands of times. Every time I have met someone who has never had Russo's I always tell them they have to try a sandwich. Every person I know gets hooked on Russo's. I met my husband in 2007 and I took him to Russo's. He is from the Midwest and he said that Russo's is the best sub he has ever eaten. We now live in Iowa and people ask us what food we miss the most. We always say Russo's subs. You really can't go wrong with any sandwich you order. I love the turkey but I also love the ham and cheese and tuna. My dad loves the meatball sandwich. My sister loves the salads. I think the bread is what makes the sandwich so good. But the meat is great too. So is the cheese! But the bread is far from tasteless. It's so fluffy and full of flavor. Can't explain in words, just go try it! Good value and the staff is always so friendly. You can't find subs like this these days. Russo's is the best. Great place!

• Visited November 2012
West Palm Beach, FL
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I wandered into Russo's Sub Shop for lunch and ordered a Russo's combo submarine. It was very disappointing. The roll was tasteless, like a sub-sized hot dog bun. The meat tasted like supermarket lunch meat. All of the subs had been made up in advance, who knows how far in advance, and the pickle juice had soaked into the bun. Worst of all -- they do not heat the sandwiches. Cold meat, unmelted cheese - kind of like a high school cafeteria menu item. I won't be back.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Friend77778
“First place I stop”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have been going to Russo's since it was in a small building across Olive Ave. from the present location. I have lived in Georgia for 30+ years and when I visit family I stop at Russo's right from the airport. Everything is fresh and a lot of the staff have been there for years. As you walk in the door you will see them slicing the meat and cheese for your sub. They used to mail the subs and that was what my family would send me for my birthday every year but they had to stop sending them. THE BEST.

Florida
“WPB Landmark”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

You really can't say you've been to WPB without having a Russo's sub. It's a tradition, and a landmark. Yes, the building is old (but it's clean), the parking is sparse, it's a little pricey for a sub (worth it), and it gets insanely busy right around lunch time (still worth it). That's all part of the allure. I still get a tradition Russo every time, to this day. Did I mention that it was worth it?

• Visited September 2011