“A native Floridian review”
Review of Russo's Submarine - CLOSED

Russo's Submarine
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Look, if a sub shop opens in 1948 and it's still around and has 3 locations........they are doing something right. Most of us locals grew up on Russo's. We don't call it Russo's subs or Russo's sub shop......it's Russo's period. Fresh baked bread daily and the meat is cut to order. And for 30 some odd years I never had anything but the combo until one day I tried the meatball sub.....BEST MEATBALL SUB EVER , yes better than what you have up north. And fresh brewed sweet tea. Where else can you have a meal for under $8

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have always enjoyed Russo's subs for over 40 years and never minded waiting in line at lunch to get my favorite. Our office used to have a Russo's day every week and someone would call in our orders and pick them up so we could all enjoy. For those on this site saying they are the worst and comparing them to to hot dog buns and pre-made are just trashing the site. Russo's never pre makes their subs, they bake their own bread and slice the meats in front of you. The only thing I ever see pre made are salads at the lunch hour rush. I stop at Russo's as soon as I hit WPB and try to go again on my way out of town. I truly wish I could have the subs mailed to me. This is a business that knows good food and hires people who treat their customers right! I hope the tradition never ends.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Use to live in S.fl and this was the best sub shop. Whenever I come back to visit I always come back and get a sub. The bread is fresh baked, meat is fresh sliced. It is a delicious amazing sub. Very highly recommend!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I grew up eating the fresh and quality subs at Russo's. Simple menu but quality ingredients. I always stop here when in town. Get the oil an vinegar on your subs. I almost always run into fellow life time friends at this place.

1  Thank LIfeFit13
Reviewed 22 February 2013

There are no bells, whistles or pom-pom's here. If you have a palate that enjoys quality and freshness, this is the place for you. This is no fast food sub by any means. The fresh bread coupled with the simplicity of the other fresh ingredients make this a sub that should be on your bucket list.