“Not quite home but...”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Acushnet, Massachusetts, United States
“Not quite home but...”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I used to travel three weeks out of a month on business and, over the years, found a lot to like and dislike about various hotels. I've seen the best and sadly, I've seen the worst!

Funny thing is, even when I've been given the premier suites at places where I've hosted training events and had my butt kissed because I brought in 35 or more people for the event, those places were never on my favorites list.

I came down to WPB for a conference that turned out to be a complete waste of time and stayed for 4 days. Needless to say, my mood was not a good one and I would have preferred to be home. However, and I know my words will fall short here, my stay was one of the best I've EVER had!

I have never stayed anyplace where literally everybody that works there seems so genuinely happy! I mean everyone! If one could harness the energy given off of the 1000 watt smiles I've seen here, there would be no need to keep searching for alternate power sources.

I know this sounds so contrived but honestly, from the moment I walked in the door, I was made to feel welcomed and comfortable...and it never stopped! It didn't matter who I met...who I spoke to...I've just never seen such a happy crew of people!

If I start to mention names, I know I will leave someone out that deserves every bit as much attention so, you just have to believe me when I say EVERYONE there is an absolute star!!! Anyone that you have to talk to at the front desk will bend over backwards to make sure your stay goes well...the facilities people...housekeeping (I kept hoping I'd run into her just to see that smile again!!) the entire staff...really! I've never seen anything like this...and their energy is nothing short of infectious!

OK...the downside is that there isn't a restaurant or lounge on site...although they do serve a pretty amazing breakfast that is included with your stay (you have to try the apple cinamon muffins!)

Thing is, over the four days, I realized (sadly) that my stay and my personality had nothing to do with the manner in which I was treated. I had the opportunity to see the same thing happened with everyone. Whether it was someone there for one night or multiples...whether it was a single, a couple or, a family with multiple children...you could feel the genuine warmth of a truly terrific staff. And I did tell the manager just how very lucky he was.

If you have any reason to be in the West Plam Beach area, you can't go wrong staying here. I guarantee that you too, will feel lucky.

Truly a place where, if you need anything? Just ask!

Room Tip: I didn't really see any advantage of one room or floor over another.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Roger P
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Roger P,

All I can say is WOW!!! Thank you! That was an awesome review and you said the kindest words about my staff. I will be sure to read this to them in our next daily huddle. I am sure smiles will appear on the faces as I read it to them. Thanks again and I look forward to your return visit.

Joe Dunann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I am on the road about 18 days of every month so i see alot of hotels. yhe location was quite a suprise for me. From the time I walked into this Hotel it was a great experience the two young ladies at the front desk ( Nakeira and Taccara) was so helpful and pleasant. The room was suprisingly spacious. This was my first stay at a Springhill but it definitely will not be my last. I would recommend tis location to anyone staying in tis area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Keith B
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Keith B,

Thank you so much staying with us. I will be sure to inform Nakeira and Taccarra that you complimented them. It is always an honor when a guest recognizes my staff on Trip Advisor or any other public forum. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

New London, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We often wondered why "snow birds" left the cold north east for Florida and we found out! Admittedly the weather was even a few degrees warmer than normal but coming back into the hotel and being greeted by caring staff was a real bonus. Breakfast was excellent and the room very comfortable - what more can you ask.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dl15man
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear dl15man,

Thank you commenting on our hotel. I am glad the Staff did a great job caring for your needs. I hope to see you again this coming season.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

New hotel with clean facilities and nice staff. Suites maximize the square footage in the hotel so that it feels larger than it actually measures. Rooms are quiet and breakfast is decent given that it is included in the rate.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Dnumgis02,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the great comments. See you the next time you are in sunny West Palm Beach, Fl.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Customer service- friendly staff. Breakfast was great. Price was right.

The only dislike was the dirty bedskirts, I don't like playing name that stain when it comes to anything on a hotel bed. The furniture was drab and stained aswell.

• Stayed July 2013
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently. I am very sorry that the bed skirt in your room was not clean. I hope that you will email me your information so that I can research what room you stayed in. My email address is joseph.dunann@marriott.com. Once you email me, I can look further into the bed skirt situation and have it taken care of immediately. I would also like to personally apologize to you for the situation.
Thank you so much for the information and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and state of this hotel. All the staff was so nice and helpful. Will definitely put Springhill Suites on the top of my list of places to stay in the future. Complimentary breakfast was good. We stayed for 5 nights and the only complaint I can think of is that local doctors came in and were eating for "free" at the breakfast buffet...which was very annoying to myself a paying guest.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read your great comments about your stay with us. I am a bit surprised about these Doctors you wrote about. The only people that should be eating from the buffet are people that are guests of the hotel. If I paid for a hotel and I saw people that were not guests eating the complimentary breakfast, I would also be upset, so I really apologize about this. We do allow the local Police Department to come in and enjoy some coffee and use the area to complete some of their paperwork as a “thank you” for what they do for our community, but they rarely do this.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope to have you back as a guest soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We came in on Saturday for the Dave Matthews Band concert. Arrived at 2:45 and attempted to check in and the lady, Jessica, who was manning the desk informed us that check-in is at 3PM and the only room they had available was a handicapped room on the first floor. So we waited for the 15 minutes to get a room we reserved. There were about 4 other couples waiting in the lobby to check in with the same situation. 3PM came and there was a rush of everyone checking in, there was a different person at the desk at that time and was polite but quiet. He assigned me a room on the first floor and it was no big deal, but low and behold the room was the handicapped room. I wouldn't mind it minus the shower. I figured since I used a free night certificate they stuck us in that room because I was not a paying customer. I just wish they had given us the room in the first place had I known that it was going to be the same room as proposed 15 minutes earlier. Since we were there for only one night I didn't bother saying anything to the manager as we got back from the concert at 1:30 in the morning. The breakfast was okay but nothing to write home about. Next time I am in the area I would probably book the Residence Inn next door.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. I hope you enjoyed the Dave Matthews Band concert! I am very sorry that you had to wait to be checked into a room when you arrived. We were extremely busy this past weekend, but it should not have delayed you from being checked in. We should have been better prepared, and for that, I really apologize.
When you or any other guest pay with a certificate, it does not mean that you get a room for a handicap accessible guest. My associate just tried to get you into a room as fast as possible, due to you already waiting for your room.
Again, I really apologize that you had a less than perfect stay with us, and I really hope that you would give us another try when you are in West Palm Beach.