“Christmas and New Year 21 Nights”

Homewood Suites West Palm Beach
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
United Kingdom
“Christmas and New Year 21 Nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Homewood Suites in West Palm Beach Florida. The staff were very friendly exspecially Kateva who went out of her way to help and advise. Our suite was as shown on website very spacious, which was kept beautiful and clean with everything top up by a wonderful young lady called Tammy, we could tell the difference if Tammy did not clean our suite as the others could not match her very high standard she should be promoted to supervisory level. The complimentary Breakfast and dinner was very poor, therefore very glad that we had facilities to cook for our selves. an addtional surprise was a laundry room were we could do our washing, which I was always fortunate to find empty when doing my laundry. Pool and Gym too small for the size of the hotel and amount of people staying. No good restaurants nearby, but by car, City Way was not far away which had a variety of good restaurants, location of Hotel very good as 95 highway 2 minutes from hotel, and walking distance to supermarket. Disappointed that they did not provide some entertainment for Christmas Eve and New Year Eve as there were a few wheel chair bound residents adults and children staying there that were having medical treatment, some with their families and some without that were far away from home, would probably stay there again for a shorter period,but not during a festive season as very pricey for what you received, would have been a very boring Christmas and New Year if we had stayed at the hotel instead of celebrating with family and friends.Overhaul very clean with friendly staff, therfore would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Breakfast was very average. I requested a late checkout, as a Hilton Honors member, and they were not able to accomodate me. Room cleaning was average at best. Dirty glasses and cups were just left around.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank abeily
Mansfield, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I really liked the homewood suites a lot in West Palm Beach, Florida. The people there were amazing. Everybody was so up and happy and friendly all the time. The guests were also very nice. Of course, I had my favorites, Josh, Debbie (kitchen), Kateva, Dominique, the guys that were always working aound the hotel, always smiling and friendly. They served breakfast every night and dinner Monday thru Thursday nights, all included. There was a laundry room with two washers and two dryers. I got a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms, because I am spoiled and I love having my own bathroom with a nice big vanity for me to put all my 'stuff' on. There were three televisions and four phones in 'our apartment'.
There was a big walmart down the street, and route 95 was two minutes from our hotel which was very convenient. There weren't many good restaurants in our area but just one exit away on 95 was a big big busy street with a lot of restaurants, and a little further was Okeechobee Street which has everything.
I did have some complaints (of course). There was a BIG black spot just as you walked onto the carpet. Of course, it drove me crazy. I purchased a bottle of tonic water and a scrub brush and it came out in two minutes. I couldn't understand how they could rent a room out like that.
I was not happy about that. And my biggest complaint was the cleaning personnel. They were all very nice, but I swear they came in, made the bed, looked to see if you needed tissues and that was it. Actually I did need some toilet paper which they didn't seem to notice, I had to go out in the hallway and take a roll off their cart. I think it could have been a lot cleaner. I know they were working on it as a lot of people complained about it. That was sort of a shame, I thought.
I doubt I will stay there again, whereas it is quite expensive and everybody thought I was crazy that I could rent something for less money for a whole month. It seems trying to rent, sight unseen, is a very hard thing to do. Most of what I found was very expensive, and whereas I do not know the area that well, I couldn't be sure it was a good, safe area, and I don't feel comfortable renting without actually seeing it. That is why I went with a hotel. I am not sorry, we had a wonderful time.
Bev

Room Tip: Well if you are spoiled like me you would get the two bedroom suite for the extra bathroom. All the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I first walked into the Hotel and was greeted with such Hospitality. Regina and Josh were pleasantly friendly and outgoing. Their enthusiasm was amazing and they went above and beyond to assign the room type I prefered. I asked them what there was to do in the area and they both had given me enough information for a week! I was happy to see two people at the front desk, it made my check in a lot faster because it was surprisingly busy for a tuesday evening and there were a lot of people waiting at the desk. I am a Hilton Diamond and stayed many places but they sure did make me feel at home.

Dinner was good, the presentation was very nice. Housekeeping was standard.
I could not figure out the lights for the life of me, so my only suggestion would be to put up some sort of instructions or a book titled "how to turn on the lights for dummies." Ha!
Otherwise thank you all, my stay was phenominal.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

The original room we were assigned had not been cleaned by staff. From all appearances, someone checked out late and left food in the refrigerator and towels on the floor. The person checking us in (Josh) apologized for the oversight and quickly and brilliantly made arrangements for new accommodations. While the room cleanliness was an issue, the way that Josh handled the problem far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Keene, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I'm generally a fan of Homewood Suites and this was my fourth week long stay at this location. The last three stays were fine, but this time there were major issues with the cleaning of the room.
We arrived an hour after check-in time and were told that our room was not yet ready. After coming back twice at times suggested by the receptionist we finally were able to get into the room at 6:30 PM. Since we had no place to change clothes we had to cancel our plans for that evening, something I was not too pleased about. The desk manager was very apologetic, but could do nothing other than offer us snacks. Each time we returned to the hotel the lobby was occupied by a different group of people upset because they couldn't check in, so this affected many customers.
Over the course of the week our room was only cleaned once. When I requested cleaning the first time, the result was a bag of towels left on the door knob. This might be expected in a self-catering condo or a budget hotel, but this place is neither of those. We never had the "Do not disturb" sign on the door and were out of the hotel all day, so access to the room shouldn't have been a problem. I was told the head of the housekeeping crew was new. The crew needs more people, an earlier start in the day, training or supervision. Apologies with no results are meaningless. Our room had a huge red stain on the bedroom carpet (wine?) and a broken hairdryer. I understand that things like this require time to fix, but the room was looking much more worn than it did when we stayed in the exact same one two years ago.
On the plus side, the breakfasts were excellent, the public areas were clean, and the staff were friendly (but ineffective in getting results.)
This had been our place to stay when we were in the area, but this experience means that I'll look for something else next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msjg
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Problems with internet connectivity, limited utensils and dishes in kitchenette, ran out of food in the buffet (at times), poor housekeeping. Internet problems have been an issue for at least a month with no resolution. Staff is nice but helpless in resolving problems

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Jason L, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Avidtravellers18,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience during your previous stay. Please understand this experience is not atypical of our hotel. I will address these issues immediately and hope when you have a chance to visit the area again, you give us the opportunity to WOW you with our hotel. If there is anything I may do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Warm regards,