“Nice hotel- Staff needs work”

Homewood Suites West Palm Beach
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice hotel- Staff needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

When I stayed at the property, it was very nice. The hotel is pretty new, I would say 1-4 years old. The condition of the rooms is very good but the staff needs some work. They are genuine and want do the right thing but seem to be very strict with policies and working against the customer instead of with them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I do a lot if business in the area and when I come to West Palm this is where I stay. I prefer it for the meals in the evening and the complimentary beer and wine. Great place to get together with colleagues after a long day of work. My room is always super clean and housekeeping always is there to give me the extra items I need. Also ask to say hi to Jenny the GM she is a hoot. Also they give you a welcome bag when you arrive with fruit indigenous to Florida what a nice surprise, I like to use the key lime in my water each night in my room.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank C K
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Had great expectations for this hotel by the reviews, but it did not come close to meeting those.

The hotel is not clean. They ran out of food at breakfast. It is a loud place. The staff does not help out with controlling the wilder guests.

It is surprising that Hilton has not inspected this hotel, seen the lack of cleanliness and cited them. Have never seen a Hilton this shabby. Don't they have standards anymore?

1 Thank World T
Los Angeles, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

A miserable stay at Homewood Suites, West Palm Beach Florida, 2455 Metrocentre Boulevard – have always been very happy with my multiple stays at Homewood Suites, in California. Booked West Palm Beach, Florida, based upon this positive experience with the brand. I enjoy the availability of a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite, plus dining area/kitchen, when travelling with the family (wife + 3 kids). I booked 2 separate stays at this hotel, with 1 week of travelling in between. My first stay, no towels, housekeeper graciously left a note that they had run out of clean towels (I kept the note), and never bothered to follow up. Next day, I return to room at night, and not even maid service. Rather than address problem, Front desk clerk, calls me back on room phone, to shift blame to me, argues that I left Do Not Disturb sign on door, which could not be further from the truth. (I never touched it). Prior to returning to hotel, for 2nd stay, I tried calling them twice, but no answer on 1-561-682-9188 -- so I faxed them twice on 1-561-682-9189 , requesting to call or email me to re-confirm my 2nd reservation. I never normally do this, but I had a bad feeling about this hotel. No one called me back. Upon returning to hotel, a week later, at night, with kids, Front desk clerk informs me that they do not have the room that I booked (via American Express), and that they have made arrangements to accommodate me at an alternate hotel next door. I drag my luggage and kids across the road, but refuse to stay at this alternate hotel. (5 people in 1 room?) We return to Homewood Suites, clerk now finds me an alternate room at Homewood Suites. We get up to room, unbearable stench of cigarettes. Clerk confirms this IS a non-smoking room. My wife and I, experience a miserable, sleepless night, to a sickening, overwhelming stench of nicotine. We check out at the brink of dawn. Will stay next time at The Breakers, when visiting the area. Shame on Homewood Suites, 2455 Metrocentre , West Palm Beach FL.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Garry H
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We raised some eyebrows when we booked this hotel for our Christmas vacation. We often stay at fancier big-name (and high priced) hotels on the ocean in West Palm Beach, but the attractive pricing and central location of this hotel were too good to overlook. The generously sized room with careful anticipation of visitors needs (microwave, DVD player, fridge, extra pillows) together with the relatively well landscaped pool (private, with a nice courtyard) is perfect for a family with kids. West Palm Beach has lots of great public beach grounds (free parking and access) so we didn't miss the ocean at all. Indeed we moved in early January to "fancy hotel" on the ocean and found we missed the Homewood Suites! I'm kind of embarrassed to have like it so much, but we were able to blow the savings on Worth Avenue!

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor near the laundry room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jenny J, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear RichardToronto,

There is no reason to be embarrassed, it happens to our guests all the time! :) What a great endorsement of our hotel, we really appreciate your feedback. We love hearing that you missed our hotel - that's what we strive for everyday! Please come back and see us again next year, we look forward to it.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Homewood Suites over the New Year's holiday. The staff was extremely pleasant and catered to my every need. The suite was nicely decorated, spacious and CLEAN! When we first open the door the smell was excellent!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jenny J, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We appreciate your feedback and kind comments about our staff at the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach. It's always wonderful to receive recognition from guests like you on the excellent service our staff delivered during your stay. I'll be certain to pass on your kind words to my terrific team. Please plan to visit us again soon - we look forward to it. Thank you once again for writing!

Regards,

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I decided on a Florida vacation for Christmas. Since the weather can be unpredictable we decided to save some of my hotel points and not book a hotel directly on the beach. The location of the hotel worked great for us. It’s next to I-95 and just one exit away from Blue Heron Road and the Singer Island beaches. It’s also just two exits north of City Place with the shopping, movies, and restaurants.

The rooms are nice with the typical one-bedroom layout of Homewood Suites. There’s a full kitchen in the suite but we weren’t on vacation to cook and only used the refrigerator to keep some beer cold. It was nice to have a separate living room area to sit and watch sports on TV while my wife used the TV in the bedroom to watch her shows.

My only complaint is with the complimentary breakfast and evening meals. I guess they’re worth what you pay for them (free) since they weren’t very good. Powered scrambled eggs, pre-made omelets, and pre-made “fried” eggs. Also, I’m not a big fan of eating off of Styrofoam plates and plastic silverware. I’ll take an Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn breakfast over this any day of the week.

Would I stay there again? Sure, but it wouldn’t be for the meals.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JRMChicago
Jenny J, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear JRMChicago,

Thank you for writing. We always appreciate our guests taking time to provide us with positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found our friendly staff, comfortable beds, and spacious accommodations to meet your satisfaction. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future!

Respectfully,