“It was ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Park View Motor Lodge
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I only came here because the freaking hotel we did have reservations for so totally forgot about us. I was very upset and had to pee really bad, so I opened my trip advisor app and found this place. If it wasn't for trip advisor and the cheap price, I would have never knew this place existed, nor would I ever have found it. The place is ok, but kind old to the point THERE IS NO HOT WATER so this is the perfect place to take a jail house shower!! I don't mean to sound rude or racist but the Indian family that runs this place isn't that nice and needs some courses and degrees in customer service from the Huizenga School of Business at Nova Southeastern University. Other than that it was so-so. #GoSharks!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tiffany B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wiesentheid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We extended our stay because it is a really nice motel. Friendly staff and fast internet connection! Would recommend it to everyone. The motel was also clean and easy to find. A lot of beaches are very close and you can find some shops and restaurants in that area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eva H
Eatontown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I would expect more for $ 75 in NJ. I know this is West Palm Beach, but!!! Hotel room was falling apart, stains all over, horrible shower, door lock was broken, uncomfortable bed. At least the room was clean.
That's one of the cheapest hotel in this area, if you just need some rest , go for it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Luciano C

Travellers are raving about these West Palm Beach hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

So after everything else was booked for Valentine's weekend, I reserved a room here for 2 days. At first sight, it is a little out dated, but very clean. We had room number 26, which consisted of a pretty comfortable king size bed, a television, and fridge. There was not a microwave. The shower was kind of small, but not a big deal. No one bothered us as far as knocking on the door or anything, but it is pretty noisy. People next door had small children, so by 7:00 am you can hear their small high pitched voices, and doors slamming...unfortunately, some folks are just inconsiderate of others; however, with that being said, that is not the fault of the hotel. The air conditioner did not work, but it was pretty cool out so it was not a big deal. Had it been summer, best believe they would have heard from me and changed my room. overall, it was decent, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was searching online for a location for my nephew and his friend who both smoke. The online only showed NON-smoking rooms so I thought I would call the lodge directly to see if they actually had smoking available.

First off, the lady who answered the phone answered so fast I could barely understand her and I had to question whether I was calling the correct place. When I asked if they had smoking rooms she immediately said they had no rooms available tonight. I explained I was not looking for tonight, but at a later date. She said, I'm busy just wait and laid the phone down. At that point I thought about hanging up but shortly a man came to the phone and I again explained that I was checking to see if they had any smoking rooms within their hotel and got cut off rudely by him saying "sorry no rooms"....when I again started to say this was for a month down the road he repeated himself rudely.

After this experience I would never consider staying no matter how clean the rooms. Rudeness and not hearing what the customer has to say before you cut them off is something that will never be OK in my books. Learn some manners people !!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mags33810
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

It looks like a motel from the movies and it's great! It's very well preserved and quite clean. There is everything you need during a short stay - internet, great bed, good shower. The lights in the room were a little bit dark for me but it's just a detail. Overally i's a very good place and for this amount of money I wouldnt expect more.

There is also a great restaurant, just next to the motel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elrobsono83
Redmond, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Either well preserved or restored, Park View Motor Lodge reminds me of the roadside motels from my family roadtrips in the 70s. My room in the back was clean and in great condition, down to the wood paneling. Super quiet.

Right next door to the Howley which is a 50s diner to complete the whole throwback experience.

Service was good with eating recommendations and the manager loaned me a screwdriver to adjust my GoPro mount.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo