“Great selection of vegan food in a cool environment”
Review of Darbster

Darbster
Ranked #36 of 665 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Vegan Bistro on the waterway serving a mix of innovative vegan dishes such as palm cakes along with favorites like enchiladas and mac & cheese. Salads and raw items as well. Serves beer and wine. Dog friendly. Dinner served Wed-Sun, lunch on Sat-Sun. Has outdoor seating. Accepts credit cards. Open Wed-Fri 5-10pm, Sat 1pm-10pm, Sun 11am-10pm, Mon-Tue closed.
Miami, Florida
“Great selection of vegan food in a cool environment”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Darbster is awesome if you are vegetarian or vegan, or if you're in the mood for something healthy and different. They have a large selection of alcohol drinks that seem mostly organic and healthy, or as healthy as alcohol can be. I didn't have any.

I had the ancient forest herbal tea on ice and it was good. For an appetizer, I had the matzoh ball soup. The soup was nice, but it had a lot of onions. I love onions, but if you don't, you probably won't like this soup.

For my entrée I had the raw cheeseburger. If you are familiar with raw vegan cuisine, then you will know that nothing looks like it's carnivorous counterpart. This is no exception. It came on a very thin flax bread, which was perfect for me and very tasty. On the side, it came with a mixed salad with a delicious dressing that I cannot identify. I think it was a vegan Caesar dressing, but I'm not sure. I like spicy food, so they brought me chopped jalapenos on the side. That did the trick okay.

For dessert, I had the chocolate ganache cake. I feel fat now. It was scrumptious and moist. It had a thin chocolate drizzle over it and sliced strawberries on the side.

All in all, Darbster is a great place. The service is friendly and competence, and the prices are reasonable, particularly for a vegan restaurant.

1 Thank TinManJones

Coppell, Texas
“great food”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Didn't look like a restaurant from a street but once inside, great food, great service and descent ambiance.

• Visited April 2014
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Interesting. Can be excellent but hit or miss”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Darbster has a varied menu, but it is not one where you can pick out any entry and expect a great dish. As noted, it is a vegan restaurant. We are not vegans but enjoy the variety and new tastes here.

Whenever we come here we all share a variety of dishes to get a wide variety of tastes.

First the good...their nachos are terrific and can go up against any that are covered in meat. On this trip we had the Palm Cake Dinner made with hearts of palm, capers and a mango salsa, Delicious.

The pot stickers are really good as well. Chewy and tasty filled with a mushroom mixture.

The Tempeh Reuben tastes nothing like a Reuben (which is fine); however, salt is the primary flavor. Kind of soggy as well. Note to all vegan/vegetarian restaurants. >> Please name your dishes after what they are and not what they are trying to look like. It throws off the taste buds. If people want a reuben, or "bacon" or whatever, they would eat it.

The raw cauliflower soup was terrible. Not sure if it was our tastes, but all three of us agreed. We sent it back, and it was taken off our bill with no issue at all. Handled well.

Service is very good and although it is a very small place packed near a busy road, seating outside feels very private and you are only a few yards from the canal. Nice atmosphere.

Even though it is hit or miss, we go back and try varied dishes each time to get new taste experiences.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank C from NY
“don't go if you are not a vegan”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We misunderstood, and thought it was vegetarian with vegan options. Not so! Quiche Lorraine made of something unidentifiable, yellow but not eggs. Coffee with coconut milk product, ghastly. The falafel was edible. We both had upset stomachs all afternoon.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank rountreec
Newark, Delaware
“Wonderful Vegan Restaurant”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was our second visit, first for this year. The appetizers were awesome: buffalo wings, potstickers and the highlight: scallops (tofu) in an Asian sauce. My husband and I had the special which was jambalaya, which, oddly enough, did not have rice. The seating is all outdoors and we were under a large umbrella. We got a few showers the night of our dinner, which had a few diners and wait staff scrambling to get clear of the downpour. Our waitress was a little flighty; the appetizers took quite a while to arrive, for which she apologized. Overall, it was a great dinner.

• Visited March 2014