“I feel like I'm on vacation”
Review of The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk
Ranked #24 of 676 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: A neighborhood bar serving a robust and regularly rotated selection of wine, craft beer, stinky artisanal cheeses, and small plates.
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I live in the area but I feel like I'm in a wine bar in San Fran. My husband and I love going to the Blink Monk when we need a quiet place to chat and drink some nice wine.

1  Thank Michelle L
There are newer reviews for The Blind Monk

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We cannot say enough good things about The Blind Monk. It is located on Evernia Street in WPB in a quiet location. The decor is fantastic and was created by the young man who appeared on HGTV's Design Star. His creative touches are wonderful with the "champagne" bubble lights and interestingly framed screen covering an entire wall. As other reviewers noted, classic/vintage movies are projected without sound. The last time we were there part fhe fun was trying to remember the names of the characters.. Our friend discovered on his iPhone we were watching "How to Marry a Millionaire." The decor was definitely done by a Design Star.
We have enjoyed The Blind Monk many times and look forward to every return visit. The wine selection is excellent and the tapas are amazing. The cheese board is delicious as is the strawberry bruchetta and the roasted cauliflower -- a new addition -- is fantastic.
Obviously, we cannot say enough good things about The Blind Monk. We recommend it and have always enjoyed a five star experience there.

2  Thank BuffySterling
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Decided to stop for a glass of wine with my date before dinner. Arrived at 7:00 and the place was empty on a Saturday. Had two glass of Pinot from Oregon. One glass was the last glass from old bottle and was too cold, not good. They opened fresh bottle for the other glass for my date totally different taste. Maybe date bottles to avoid wine going bad or invest in a cruvinet.

1  Thank PKexperience
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very knowledgeable staff, excellent wine and tapas selection. Nice relaxing atmosphere, old black and white movies projected onto a wall, soft lighting. A great place to go with friends or a romantic date!

2  Thank Carl M
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our group of 4 decided to start our friend's birthday celebration by stopping by the Blink Monk for drinks and appetizers before heading to dinner! We've been to the Blink Monk several times before and it is always consistently excellent. The guys tried two different craft beers which they described as really good and the girls (me and my best friend) had a glass of the pinot noir that was featured. We also shared a small plate which included two cheese, dried salami, grapes, pickles, nuts and grilled french baguette bread - which they happily replenished for us as the bread was gone before the cheese! It was the perfect amount of food to go with a glass of wine and beer! Our server was great and very knowledgeable about both the wine and varied cheese selection! The atmosphere is perfect for both an evening out with friends or for a before or after dinner drink! Check it out, you won't be sorry!!

1  Thank Debi P