“Great accommodation, subpar dining”

Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great accommodation, subpar dining”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I would have given this property a higher rating had it not been for my dining experiences here. The hotel itself is updated and well maintained. I had a corner kind suite and my only complaint was that there was too much furniture. I know they are trying to create multiple "spaces" but in doing so you end up with a little obstacle course. The shower stall was also a little small for my taste, but overall the room was laid out well and comfortable. The location is great, close to the airport and easy on/off the interstate. Now... The dining.... The onsite restaurant was kind of abysmal. I waited for an inordinate amount of time to be seated, then waited an equally inordinate amount of time to get my drink. The service all night was excruciatingly slow. Granted, there was only one waiter, but there were only 2 other patrons besides myself is I can't understand it. The food was not good either. I ordered the avocado salad with salmon. The avocados tasted like chemicals, the salmon was burned (I asked if they could blacken it, maybe they thought I meant burned?), the tomatoes looked like they had been frozen and the salad was tossed in this super sweet lemon dressing that was not pleasant. I choked down the salmon and left the rest. To his credit, the waiter did say he could bring me something else, but I didn't want to sit there for another hour waiting for it. The morning breakfast was a disappointment too. The cook was kind of standoffish and quiet and the omelet I ended up with was bland and overcooked. I only ate half. I stay at these properties for the breakfast and this was disappointing. Simply not what I expected based on past experiences. I would stay again, but I would definitely find another place to eat.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Holly B
GMBadillo, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We apologize that the service was not outstanding as a valued guest at our hotel. Your concern has been forwarded to the Restaurant Manager for further review with the staff. We hope if your travels bring you back to the area, you will give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
norwich, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Everything neat and clean. View from our room was great, we could see the ocean. Loved the free happy hour 5-7pm free drinks and snacks. Complimentary breakfast buffet was excellent. This was a perfect place to stay for flights in and out of PBI.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your great comments on our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and Manager's reception. If your travels brings you back to the area, we hope you choose us again.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wonderful facility right across the airport. One of the best Embassy Suites I have stayed in! Room was set up perfectly and the facilites were clean and well stocked. Breakfast was top notch! Located near downtown WPB and the happening spots. Will come here with my wife for an exciting weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property .Thanks again for choosing the Embassy Suites, we hope to see you again in the near future.
Marietta, Ga
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights in a King corner suite for a wedding at The Breakers & to visit our nephew.

The hotel was very nice, clean, served a good breakfast, & has a pleasant staff.

I'm very happy my brother in law gave us this recommendation.

We used the pool & fitness center and both were fine.

This is a nice place to stay and it was a easy 10-15 minute drive to downtown West Palm or The Breakers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
We are glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay here at the Embassy Suites! I am more importantly glad that we could accomodate all of your needs during your stay. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel with your feedback! We hope to see you back again soon!
Havana, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed just one night. In town for a competition. very pleased. will be back. Breakfast buffet was awesome! Wish we could have stayed another night and really experienced all of the hotel. We arrived after 8 and left early the next day.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay ! We hope to see you in the near future ! Thanks again for choosing the Embassy Suites
Tolland, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our trip was going well, until we encountered rude hotel staff, the maid service was rude and had no problem voicing letting you know that you were inconveniencing them. my husband and I were there for a wedding and a little rest and relaxation. The wedding was beautiful. The maid service staff ADDED to our stress.

2 Thank Debra B
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, your feedback is much appreciated. Your concern has been forwarded to the Director of Housekeeping for further review with our housekeeping staff. We hope if your travels bring you back to the area, you choose us again.
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a great hotel for the money. It is conveniently located and the staff and rooms were nice. Great hot breakfast and plenty of space in the room and in the hotel to relax. A free shuttle service is availble to the airport and CityPlace. I was there for four nights and can't really think of anything to complain about.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank William V
We appreciate the great response. Thank you for the kind words. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose us again.