Often descriptions on the internet can be misleading, like the one for this hotel: "a haven of culture". It's not. It may be if you're scraping the culture barrel but don't be misled. Or"our delicous Hampton on the house hot breakfast, served daily by award winning staff". The breakfast is OK but it's ordinary, self served in everything polystyrene with plastic knives, spoons and forks until even the food tastes like plastic after the second breakfast. The "hot" breakfast consists of microwaved eggs and burger patties, served of course on polystyrene plates. Perhaps the "award winning staff" were away when I was there.
There is a public internet connection but it would be good if they replaced the keyboard with one where the letters are visible, not worn away or with a caps lock key that doesn't stick.
The windows don't open so for those who don't like to be locked in a room without a view on the world it can be oppressive. Because the rooms are never aired there is a smell, best described as a combination of air-conditioned damp and smelly feet. But the smell in the room is better than the one in the (small) health gym. I guess the sweaty odour never gets a chance to escape so lives and breathes through the equipment, carpeting and possibly even the mirror.
This is a hotel to stay at if you absolutely need to be in the area. It's OK but don't take the descriptions on the web-site literally or you'll be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of culture in West Palm Beach, where sophisticated artistic expression has elevated this community to a new status. The Hampton Inn® hotel in West Palm Beach-FL Turnpike, conveniently located only one block from Florida's turnpike, sits adjacent to the renowned Emerald Dunes Golf Course and in close proximity to the beaches. Just step outside your door and you're practically at the tee for your first round of golf...Or take a short five-minute drive to bask in the sun on the nearby luxurious golden beaches...it's all easily accessible from our hotel in West Palm Beach. Browse the theaters, galleries, and lofty artistic boutiques that define the personality of West Palm Beach. Check out the downtown Clematis Street District where you'll find clubs, restaurants, shops, and many lively street festivals. Our hotel in West Palm Beach also gives you easy access to the esteemed Norton Museum of Art. The team at our hotel in West Palm Beach will gladly offer suggestions for planning your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike Hotel West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Hampton Inn