“Great people, but noisy location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn West Palm Beach - Florida Turnpike

La Quinta Inn West Palm Beach - Florida Turnpike
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Saint Clair, Missouri
“Great people, but noisy location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel was clean, all the workers were extremely nice and helpful, but this older property is noisy. It is right on the highway and you will hear the plumbing from the other rooms. But based on the cost of rooms in this area especially during spring break and spring training it is what you would expect for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

After weather delays in Chicago, I contacted the hotel of our late arrival and they said "no problem" - they also called about 9:30 pm to see if we still intended to use the room and we again confirmed. They said OK again. We arrived about 12:45 pm, after weather delays all day & they had given our room away, and had NO rooms available. However, we witnessed 2 walk-ins with NO reservation get a room just ahead of us. The clerk said it was "first come - first serve", since they were over-booked. What is a confirmed reservation for then? They had called all over for another room, which was about 10 miles away - a REAL DUMP - the Inn of America, but they paid for the night's stay. This hotel was booked only for convenience to our family, who live nearby, but it's NOT worth the convenient location. A badly-run operation!

Room Tip: Don't stay a LaQuinta
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My stay was going wonderfully until 11pm, when there was a loud knocking at the door. To my surprise, I opened my curtains to see a methed out tweaker trying to pay my 3rd floor room a visit, and one seemingly lost member of the security staff in the parking lot below looking for him. It was at this point I discovered that THE BOLT LOCK WAS BROKEN.

I called the front desk, and overheard the attendant contact security and say "hey! He's on the third floor go get him!" to seemingly one guy. What baffles me further is that there are security cameras everywhere, yet they needed me to phone in this guy's location..

Worst $150 hotel room experience. This place is terrifying. Sleep was creepy. Nervous about leaving before dawn to make it to the airport, given that there is an aggressive meth head running this place.

Room Tip: You better bring some riot gear and a stun gun.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

UGH. blood splatter stain on the quilt-nuff said.
To the credit of manager, I was contacted and this was addressed with staff.
Also during my stay on a Saturday night, guests were lounging outside my door drinking and smoking. I had to call security on this after they wouldn't go inside or to commons area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators- too noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Cloudland, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I didn't do a lot of research or I wouldn't have stayed her by myself. It's an older hotel where the room open to the exterior. You can tell they are doing some repairs but I wouldn't stay again. The staff was nice no complaints there. The room had a weird smell, I'm guessing cigarette smoke residue. The carpet had tears in it and the couch was old with a hole in it. The bathroom looked dirty but it was actually stains in the tile and tub. I did sleep well so if an exterior door hotel doesn't make you nervous it might be a good stay for you. I had to catch a very early flight so no breakfast review.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My stay here recently wasn't bad, but it also wasn't great. The confirmation sent to my email stated that check in was at 3PM, we arrived in the front lobby at 4:30PM. They asked if we would mind waiting around for 20-30 mins because our room wasn't ready. They offered us a SMOKING room with 2 full beds, or an upgrade to a room with king side bed (extra charge not included in the offer). We declined both since 1 we don't smoke and 2 we already had a reservation, we were not paying more for their convenience. However once we said we couldn't wait...we had to be somewhere at 5...they magically had a clean, non smoking room with 2 full size beds ready within 30 seconds. Not to mention that there was another couple in front of us standing by because their room was not ready either. On the other hand, the room wasn't bad...it was clean and an OK stay for the night.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ccoughlin92
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were there to work the south Florida fair. We stayed in room 125. At check in, Khandice greeted us. Was very friendly. When we got to the room, she even called us after being there for 10 minutes to make sure everything was ok and to ask if we needed anything. Night security (I believe his name was Ben) was consistently doing rounds...we could see his flashlight in the darkness...checking the parking lot and hotel corridors. Made us feel very secure. Check out was a breeze. The front desk even faxed my reports to our office without hesitation or charge. We have stayed here before and will be staying again anytime we are in the West Palm Beach area. This hotel is on our top 10 list! <3

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo