“I can't believe it is less then a mile away!”

Grassy Waters Nature Preserve
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“I can't believe it is less then a mile away!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have passed Grassy Waters at least twice a day for the last 8 years. It is in my backyard. Decided to stop with my grandson for a look around, He is 9. Paradise, pure untouched nature. Great pathways located in different areas. Along the paths are signs explaining the wildlife. Florida in all it's beauty before people came. Many places to sit along the way. There is a calendar of events including, canoeing, hiking and crafts. However there is no entrance fee. I found a lively quiet (except the sound of nature) location under cover with ceiling fans that I plan to use often. I will be taking a book and enjoy my surroundings. I also plan to bring my grandson back to the different options offered. I also will be bringing any visitors. It may have taken a long time to discover this place but better late then never. Remember you are out in the open, wear long pants and have bug spray. Be prepared not only to see the sealife and birds but the alligators that live there.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Marci L

Waverly, Iowa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“My quiet escape.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Being from a rural town back home, and having moved to the area recently, I was searching for somewhere abundantly green amidst the hustle and bustle of West Palm Beach. No city lights, no ambulance sirens, just a quiet place to search and explore. At Grassy Waters I found just that. The park was relatively empty, and I found my self exploring each and every trail, camera in hand. The place you could tell was just filled with life. Lilly pads every where, trees, and critters. I can't say I saw too many gators, or other marine life, but you could definitely hear them. It was almost as if they were creating an ambient background for my photographic exploration. The information displayed throughout the park helped greatly, telling me types of plants I would see along the way. The only information I wish I had, was the route of the trails, but perhaps I missed it somewhere. I found myself walking far out of my way from the entrance, only to find a dead end and walk back the same path. It was a gorgeous dead end mind you. It was gazebo type setting perched atop a body of water that seemed to stretch as far as the vast marsh. Surrounded by lily pads, I could only imagine what type of animals must be there when I'm not around. Overall it was a great experience, and a relaxing one at that.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank knhansen
West Palm Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ah, nature sublime!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We took some friends from New Jersey to see what nature looks like down here. They loved it. We love to take visitors here because it's pastoral, and sublime.
Only negative - it's not a photographer's dream - there are better nature preserves for that. Otherwise, it's a great place to walk and muse with the spirits.

Visited December 2013
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A wonderful nature experience”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The views are beautiful and the docents are incredibly knowledgeable. We took a canoe ride around the preserve and even spent some time dip-netting with one of the rangers. The indoor area is also very nice, but the walkways and canoes are the best part.

Visited September 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Peaceful Place”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Wonderful area to hike and simply reflect on nature. I was there when there was a painting exhibition of the Highwaymen. Enjoyed it greatly. I was on my bike and was able to enjoy the scenery, but by foot is best.

Visited February 2014