“Adults and children too!”

South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
More attraction details
Owner description: The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium (former South Florida Science Museum) provides curious minds of all ages with an entertaining and educational journey through science and technology. The Science Center features more than 50 hands-on exhibits, a digital planetarium, freshwater and saltwater aquariums, as well as natural history exhibitions. Established in 1961, the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium is a non-profit institution dedicated to its mission; "Open Every Mind to Science".
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a cool inexpensive place to take your children grandchildren or parents this is a place to go.

This wonderful little palm beach size museum is chock-full of interesting things to see and do at cost very little.

Make a day of it go to the zoo too which is right next door. Enjoy!

Belen W, Public Relations Manager at South Florida Science Center and Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I'm visiting family in west palm beach for a couple weeks, so I thought this might be a good outing for my six and three year olds, plus I got a groupon. It's a small museum and unfortunately there were about four different summer camp groups running wild in the museum, so my kids were a little overwhelmed. My girls did like the hurricane booth and the Egyptian exhibit. We were there for less then two hours and saw everything. I thought the sphere exhibit was neat, but unfortunately you can't hear it very well. Anyway, it was something different to do for the morning.

1  Thank nikki b
Belen W, Guest Relations Manager at South Florida Science Center and Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We would be happy to extend complimentary passes to you at a time when campers are not at the Science Center. Please feel free to call (561)370-7723 to redeem your free passes. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I went there yesterday with the guy I'm seeing and we were expecting much more. I was so excited for the titanic exhibit. When we got there, we couldn't find it anywhere, so I asked some workers, who weren't nice or helpful. I had to say excuse me multiple times. I asked where the exhibit was and they said, "we got rid of that back in April" like I knew. They didn't appologize and continued their chat without asking if I needed anything else.

Besides that, it could be a fun place for the kids. Some challenging mind teasers, mazes and illussions.

I have been to other science museums and was excited to see what this one held. I was very dissappointed. I'm from Chicago so I've been to the Chicago museum of science and industry. This one was not even a fraction of the size. Too small for too much money.

I would actually reccommend the palm beach history museum by city place over this, because it's free and more educational.

1  Thank casslynn1987
Belen W, Guest Relations Manager at South Florida Science Center and Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We apologize that your visit was less than exceptional. Thank you for your feedback and we would love to offer you two complimentary passes to visit us again. Please call (561) 370-7723 to redeem your tickets. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family of 3 played here during the Bank of America free weekend. We usually go to Orlando Science Center, but opted for this to change it up. This museum is smaller than a few others I have been to, but we really enjoyed it. The aquarium is not like a stand alone aquarium but rather a devoted section of the museum with a few large tanks. This space was soothing and my 4 year old loved it. There are cute activities for little kids and a great play area with a maze and soft large building play section. There is an outdoor space with a fun bubble exhibit and nice walking area. There is a Subway food space off of the outside deck as well. We all enjoyed it and I found the gift shop to be reasonably priced unlike most museum shops.

2  Thank Kylee L
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Ttitanic Exhibit was really cool! The museum didn't just display the artifacts which survived the shop's demise, but engaged us, the museum-goers, as well. We were given boarding passes with identities of real Titanic passengers. I was a 15 year old bride, Selini Alexander. Quarters in 3rd class were cramped, but we were fed good, homely food. As we approached the ice burg, tempertures dropped. My husband perished, but I (Selini) not only survived. I went on to produce 9 children with my second husband.

This event was really crowded. Too crowded for me...

1  Thank Christine C