“Very poor experience”

Cuisines: Mexican
Florida
“Very poor experience”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Three of us visited this place a few days ago. One of our guests is actually here from Mexico. We all thought that the food was not very good. For example, the rice and beans were bland. The steak was very tough. Many other issues with food. Nobody was happy.
The place was dirty and the table was so sticky we had to put down napkins.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank scuba14u

“Great food and salsa.”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I've been working in the area for the last couple weeks and coming here for lunch. I can't stay away. Food is very good. Especially the quesadilla. I eat at a lot of mexican restaurants and this one is near the top of my list!!

U.S.A.
“A modest Tijuana-style joint with good Mexican food.”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Truth be known, I always order the same thing: chicken enchiladas in green sauce. They are always excellent, freshly made with excellent salsa verde, spiced to your heat level. This is a satisfying lunch or dinner, starting with taco chips and freshly made salsa, and served with the usual rice and beans. With a cold Corona, life is good!

1 Thank JerryLee212
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best real deal mexican food!!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have been going to Montezuma since 2005..and its the real deal!! Not Americanized nor Tex-Mex..but real Mexican food authentic!! I love it..and will continue to always go back!! I see they did get a little smaller but that's ok cause the food is excellent!!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Wes N
Chicago, Illinois
“Nachos should have real cheese!!!!!”
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I stumbled across this place when I was out for a walk. Hidden in a tiny strip mall on Dixie. I first tried this one about a year ago. I walked in and waited for my takeout. It took about 20 minutes so I had a beer while I waited. Hot evening, cold beer and mexican take out. The food was great. Fresh and made to order. So it upsets me that the last 4 months I have gone there it has really dropped in quality. I only had their nachos once. I vowed to not get them again because the cheese they used was the runny flavorless kind out of a jar or can. The kind used at convenience stores for their nachos and hot dogs. It was really disappointing. I keep going back there thinking it will get better again, but so far my visits have been getting fewer and fewer.

1 Thank TenPerfectNails