“Stay away - overpriced and not worth it”

Raindancer Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Raindancer Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 727 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: An American Classic Steakhouse. Est. 1975. Zagat Rated. Great Aged Steaks, Fine Wines, Warm Ambiance. The Raindancer serves only Grain-fed beef from Midwestern States. Additionally, Seafood, Chicken and Pasta dishes are served. * Now open for lunch Mon-Fri 11:30 AM * Happy Hour at the bar and lounge daily 4-7 PM * Private rooms for any occasion are available from 10-70 guests.
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My family and I went to The Raindancer Steakhouse for dinner tonight. Its under new ownership AGAIN. Wait staff if very nice, courteous and professional. I placed my order for a simple plain filet mignon ($45 with a baked potato) explaining I had allergies and nothing should be on the medium cooked steak. Dinner arrived and I had a giant sprig of rosemary on the steak. I can't eat it. Back it goes. My family is eating their dinner, which they said was very good (shrimp scamp for $30 and pork chops for $30). 10 mins later my steak arrives. I cut it open and its RAW...not rare, but raw. I asked for the manager. He says that he will have the chef butterfly it and supervise it himself. Steak comes back (my family is long done with their dinners by now) and is not butterflied and my potato is missing. The waiter says "oh you want a potato?" OMG it was on the plate when he took it. Steak was fine but still very rare. No apology was given and nothing was done to compensate. Not a free dessert or even taking the two sodas off the bill. Well they've lost 3 customers. We'll wait until its under new ownership again before we go back.

2  Thank Louise524

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Our waiter had no business working in what was supposed to be a fine restaurant. He couldn't adequately explain the sharing charge so we ended up more confused than if we just went by what was mentioned in the menu. He didn't ask which type of potato we might want, just brought whatever was close to hand. Then no sour cream or butter. We had to catch several glasses before he knocked them over. The food was really good, though and the only reason this restaurant earned an "average" rather than a "poor". They definitely need to upgrade the wait staff, at least the guy we had.

1  Thank BroadwayBabeez
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We showed up here for dinner and decided to sit outside, being from upstate New York we were going to take advantage of the warm weather. The host was a little skeptical of our choice but set us up a table anyway, well a weather pattern came in and we were sitting in a wind storm in just a few minutes, they were so gracious about moving us indoors, we felt a little stupid insisting on an outside table but the waitress was great explaining how fast the weather changed in Florida and not to be worried , the moving of our table was no big deal. The host went out of his way to make sure we had a great time there, terrific food and great friendly thoughtful service, it made our evening, thank you

1  Thank Edward M
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had been a long time patron both before and after ownership change. Went in one night after work by myself and sat at the bar. Had a bone in rib eye that should be thick and delicious. It was rubbery, lacking flavor and just overall disappointing quality. Service was excellent as well as the salad bar, but I was craving steak. My Longhorn and outback experiences should certainly not trump my $50 steak! I waited a few days and called Nicky I believe his name was. Turned out he was not only my nice server that evening but also the manager. After I explained that my $80 meal was less than stellar, he repeatedly told me about the exceptional quality, and how each steak was meticulously cut by laser! Not impressed. I am writing this review only after the manager assured me he would take my number and call me back to make everything right. So what do you do with a disgruntled customer. If you are Raindancer, BLOW THEM OFF! Not a good plan. I eat out most every night on business and assure you I will never step foot in this restaurant again.

2  Thank dakarbmw1
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We returned recently and our visit reconfirmed that they serve as good of a steak (especially ribeye) as anywhere in Palm Beach County. No, the setting is not as sophisticated as modern steakhouses like Morton's, Ruth's Chris, or Capital Grille, but that is part of Raindancer's charm. We've been to those chains dozens of times, but there is nothing like the appreciative greeting of an owner when you walk into a local establishment which has been around for decades. Heading back for Valentines' Day. You should too.

1  Thank white6180