“Wonderful food, new favorite!”
Review of Rhythm Cafe

Rhythm Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Have driven by this place a zillion times, can't believe I had to discover it a week before moving away! Go there. Just go. Friend took me there,we had a reservation at six, place was already just about full. Funky, friendly, charming staff...especially our server, Roland. On top of his game. Availability of smaller portions allowed us room for dessert...we wisely checked out the dessert menu before ordering. Homemade everything, including ice cream. When the tray of chocolate cookies was paraded around the dining room to "cool", we sensed we were in for a delight. So back to dinner, we shared Flaming cheese, served with pita bread....a small order of butternut squash ravioli, I had Boboti as an entree...a South African dish I will learn to make since I will be living far, far away. Won't tell you what it is..just go there and eat it. My friend had a tapas sized portion of a lamb dish. We were both pretty much licking our plates. For dessert, I had one of the aforementioned chocolate chip cookies and a scoop of homemade Chocolate ice cream. My friend had the Heath bar pie...think it would be a good choice for people with gluten concerns, the crust is almond and chocolate chips. I had about the best espresso I've had anywhere in florida. Really.and yes, I was told you can go just for dessert. Go for dinner, perfect....just like moms, if your mom happens to be a master chef. Loved it!

2  Thank Carla G

Reviewed 21 April 2014

When we arrived at the Rhythm Cafe I have to admit that I was shocked with the funky decor. Since I was the one who picked it I was a little nervous even though the Trip Advisor ratings are the top in its class. We were seated by Tina who also was our server. Tina knew the extensive menu inside and out and said we would be extremely happy with ANY selection and she was spot on. This place with the availability to turn just about any meal into a tapas-tizer is nothing short of fantastic. We had a party of 4 foodies from Pittsburgh and had ENJOYED no less than 9 different dishes followed by the Heathbar and peanut butter pies. The owner came over and spent about ten minutes with us and he was great. Tina our server was really awesome and oh so cute!!! Would we go back, In a heartbeat!!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of dining at Rhythm Cafe last evening. Everything was outstanding, from the warm, sincere greeting when we arrived, straight through to the dessert course.

Bob, our server was professional, warm, and funny, helping us with our wine selections, "Tapas-tizers"; Goat Cheese Pie, Corn Cakes, and Vegetable Lentil Dahl; each one better than the next.

The wine selection is wide and interesting, and best of all, most of the wine can be purchased by the glass so everyone can have what they like best without needing to buy an entire bottle.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owner and Chef, Ken, who gave us a thorough rundown of the menu, including a few Entree suggestions. Two in our party had fresh fish, prepared two different ways among the 5 or 6 preparations on offer. I had the "Better than Boeuf Bourguignon", which is a wonderful play on the Julia Child's dish. I've included a photo. The other member of our party had Tournedo Au Poivre, which he loved as well.

The dessert was fantastic as well; Bread Pudding with Macadamia Nuts, and a luscious cream glaze.

All in all it was one if the best dining experiences I've had anywhere, and would encourage anyone who enjoys great food, at competitive prices served with personality, to make reservations and visit Rhythm Cafe. It's truly a Gem!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Ok so a must for those who appreciate real food. We had the sweetbreads in sherry cream, vegetable dahl, flambeed saganaki with lemon, seared scallops, lamb loin and apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream.
Loved the diner type setting, had nice conversations with one of the owners and some other staff. Unapologetically funky. Options for smaller portions allow tasting of more of the menu without wanting to call an ambulance for a ride home. Nice wine list. Would go again, suspect they have an awesome brunch.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The best combination of food, style, atmosphere, and service! Always enjoy a return trip. Looking forward to next visit in April.