“Cannot Wait To Go Back”

Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast
saloncar
“Cannot Wait To Go Back”
Reviewed 18 December 2007

If you are seeking a serene and pleasant getaway in southern Florida, Grandview Gardens is your choice!

From the moment you walk onto the property, it is clear you have entered a sophisticated and tasteful place. The rooms are surrounded by lush and meticulously groomed vegetation. Inside, the quiet rooms are VERY attractively and tastefully furnished. And the bedding...! Forget the heavenly beds advertised by large hotel chains. Grandview Gardens' rich bedding is often a topic of discussion among returning guests during their pleasant breakfasts at the poolside. Finally, you really feel at home here. Your great hosts will be invisible but ready to appear and share their tips on southern Florida restaurants and other attractions worth seeing.

Stayed December 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 November 2007

Just returned from 4 days at the Grandview Gardens B&B in West Palm Beach Florida. Peter and Rick are hosts who know how to delight their clients in a way that is both professional and personal. They collected me and dropped me off to the Airport as a complimentary part of their service. My room was very comfortable and the view from my balcony was stunning looking across over Howard Park with the pool as a centre-piece of the property. The main house has a sense of history and character about it and breakfast was a very friendly experience with conversations naturally happening amongst guests.

Peter & Rick are experienced in the hospitality industry and their attention to detail without intruding is a skill and their property is delightful. They provided me with a cell phone with free local calls and wireless access to the internet was also complimentary. They are tour guides and this service is optional.

I was travelling alone and found it the ideal place to stay for a safe, quiet and very comfortable vacation. Grandview Gardens is located in a historic suburb where its very safe to walk and the neighbours are very friendly. Its just 12mins walk to City Place where some upscale shops, restaurants and a movie house are easily accessible.

Halloween took a life of its own as Grandview was transformed into the "Haunted House" for the evening to welcome hundreds of local children and parents to visit and enter into the spirit of this enormously popular day in the USA!

I would highly recommend this B&B as a wonderful place to stay for pleasure and/or business.

• Liked — Location and accommodation
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
georgia
Reviewed 31 October 2007

My second stay at Grandview Gardens. I love this place. It feels like a small european boutique hotel. Nicely decorated. We are very well-traveled guests and were extremely pleased with the room sizes, very comfortable beds and linens, huge bathroom with two sinks, walk-in closet with mini fridge, private garden off back of room. The grounds are so old-Florida lush with bougainvellia, orchids, etc. I am a native of WPB but now live about 5 hours away. Come "home" a few times a year and will always stay here. (they have bikes for you to ride around town and to the beach!) Great pool, nice music in the evenings as you come and go, perfect service, good food. The BEST part are Rick and Peter who will give great tips on restaurants, are so accommodating and charming - I love them! Stayed here with friends for a class reunion and with husband recently for business and liesure. Would never waste my money staying at higer-priced fancy pants Palm Beach hotel if I could stay here. PERFECT!

• Liked — Atmosphere, service, decor, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
NYC
Reviewed 11 October 2007

From beginning to end our stay at this b&b was beyond wonderful. Our room was large and beautiful with lots of special touches. The room had a fridge, large closet, sofa, coffee table, desk, coffee making facilities and a large bathroom (good water pressure and 2 sinks). The king size bed was very comfortable. The a/c worked great. We had our own entrance and a large balcony with chairs and a small table.

Breakfast was served every morning from 8-10 and we thought it was a great way to start the day. We had orange juice, delicious coffee, cereal, yogurt, yummy danish, cheese and fresh fruit. You could have toasted english muffins also. On the weekend, we had bacon and eggs in addition to everything else.

The pool was great, perfect temperature. Wish we had utilized it more than once.

The location was fantastic also, you could walk to cityplace.

Without hesitation we will be staying here again, it was a truly wonderful and relaxing get away. I can not say enough nice things about the hosts, they go out of their way to make your experience here one to remember.

Only one negative-if you could call it that-no black out curtains...but knowing that now I would still stay here.

• Liked — Everything!!!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
saint augustine, fl
Reviewed 10 October 2007

I have stayed several times at Grandview Gardens. Each experience has been wonderful. The rooms are warm, inviting and very comfortable. I have relaxed by the pool and delighted in the gardens. Breakfast is always delicious. Overall Peter and Rick have created an oasis in the middle of south Florida hustle and bustle.
Rhey Palmer, Saint Augustine, FL

Stayed October 2007
Reviewed 5 October 2007

A friend and I have friends and family in West Palm Beach whom we like to visit every several months. It's a 4-hour drive from our homes in North Florida, so we always make a little 2-day getaway of the trip, and Grandview Gardens has become "our" place in WPB.
We stay in The Palm room because it has two queen-size beds, one for each of us to relax in comfort. The rooms are all spacious, airy, sparkling clean. Large baths with two sinks make grooming time uncrowded and unhurried. As an early riser, I appreciate the fridge, coffee and kettle in the guestroom so I can fire up the caffeine before breakfast. I travel with a laptop, so the in-room high-speed Internet connection is welcome .
Especially enjoy the grounds, pool and gardens. The property is lush with tropical plants, trees, flowering vines, etc., and always inspire us to bring home some of their gardenscape ideas to try in our own gardens. The main house guest lounge and dining area are lovely, with decor befitting the Spanish colonial revival architecture - warm tones and rustic textures in a sophisticated blend. We're always here midweek, so have only tried the ample breakfast buffet served weekdays. We're looking forward to trying the weekend full breakfast some time when our schedules permit.
Service has always been grand, too. On this most recent visit, we were sitting by the pool at sunset with our glasses of wine, when innkeepr Peter appeared with a bowl of nuts to accompany the wine. Obviously he had observed us from the house and taken the opportunity to fill a need we didn't even realize we had! A small, yet important and memorable, gesture of hospitality. Later, after we described the sort of restaurant we hoped to find, he directed us to the perfect place for our evening (Rhythm Cafe on Dixie Hwy - 5 minute drive - terrific).
I'm an innkeeper myself, so my critical eye finds few flaws here and many, many things to emulate at my own inn! My companion is a world traveler and more picky about accommodations than the average person. He (make that WE) wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in WPB. Great property, atmosphere, service and location.

• Liked — Garden ambience, unique personality, pool-side rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
Gainesville
Reviewed 28 September 2007

My wife and I are avid Divers and love to boat, and like our nite life too, but still want a quite place to lay our heads when the day it done. We have discovered the gem in the city, and have stayed 4 or 5 times in the last two years

Grandview Gardens provides us with all that we need, with extras too. Our host, Rick and Peter strived to make each days start the way one would like, serving up an excellent continental breakfast in a quite and relaxing atmosphere. Our evenings where always varied, as Grandview Gardens B&B is located close the heart of the cities business and entertainment districts, which include mix of fine restaurants, and nite life,. and to top it all off, the parking is great, even when I bring my boat.

• Liked — A real nice place, well maintained, close to everything you could want
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#6 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach

Been to Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!