“Good for a laugh”

Palm Beach Improv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We went to the Improv last Saturday night for something different. The seating at first was kind of chaotic The place itself is just average, and the seating is very close together. The chairs are not the most comfortable to sit on for almost 2 hours. There is a 2 drink minimum, ( it need not be liquor). The emcee started the evening to get the patrons in the mood. The first comedian was most funny and we had a good laugh with him. The piece-d-resistance was the headliner, Michael Yo. His comic routine was great, no swearing, no politics, and still a lot of laughs throughout. Mostly about his family and absolutely funny. If you ever get a chance to see him DO IT!

2  Thank donniek1072
in 3 reviews
"clubs"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I was the DD so my wife had four alcoholic drinks (2 drink minimum). I had four ice teas at $5/per. I didn’t know this until we got our bill. It’s a shame when you meet their minimum with a responsible driver and they charge you $5 for a .50 cent beverage. The server clearly knew what she was doing. Needless to say we won’t be back. To many other options in South Florida.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We saw Wanda Sykes. She was outstanding. The whole show was great. The servers were good considering the place was full. BUT..When we got the bill they kept the change on several of us. So, if you were to get back 10.60 you never got the .60. Never brought the change of $9.00 back on other friend. The tip was on the bill which is ok for crowd this big. Some folks are cheap. But short changing us when we paid is not good. We mentioned it to the manager and our friend got her money back. Girl said "she forgot". Sure she did. If it were for so many getting short changed we may have believed her. But..no!

2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Went to Wanda Sykes' sold out 1st show Friday night. As always the service was amazing and the food and cocktails delicious! The opening act, Keith Robinson, and of course Wanda Sykes were both very funny and we enjoyed the show VERY much! The ONLY complaint - that really needs to be addressed - was that they were playing the pre-show/seating music ridiculously loud. I mean, it was insanely loud! The music they were playing was great, getting everyone in a good and loose mood - I get it. BUT, I'm not even over-exaggerating about how loud it was. It was hard to enjoy it because it was ear piercing loud in this small room. Even our waitress commented on it (because she could NOT even hear our order) and when we told her that it was WAY too loud, she agreed and said "I know" and told us she had asked them to turn it down but they said NO. I ended up having to tear and roll up pieces of my napkin to use as make-shift ear plugs just to take the edge off and bring the music to an enjoyable level so it wasn't piercing my ears....and I wasn't the only one! It made for a not so enjoyable beginning to the evening. It seemed like forever until the show started and they finally shut down the music. We've been many times and don't recall this ever being a problem, so this particular night someone was a bit over-zealous with their DJ/sound duties - it's like man, sometimes less IS more!

1  Thank Katy M