“There's a theft in the building!”

Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Just in town for two days. Staying at this hotel was not my idea, but will never return back. If you have any precious jewels keep them close to you, I left my hotel room for the day to attend a wedding, ( keep in mind all wedding guest also stayed at this location) to return missing my $2,300 Facconable watch, YES I know the rule, never leave any jewels in your hotel room, but i forgot it, what the hell!!!! I'm sorry... i thought am staying at the Hilton a very reputable hotel my mistake. Not to mention i had to wait a day to speak to a manager, she seemed willing to help until she realized a police report had to be filed. i felt like my persistence was a nuisance to the staff, and after a while i also felt like i was being rushed from the hotel. i was late for my flight due to lack of interest, leaving the hotel with no understanding as to how this will be handled. travelers BEWARE

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AnJels

Reviewed 2 April 2011

After spending a week on a cruise for my parents 50th anniversary, we wanted to splurg and spend our last night in a good hotel. After check in, we were going to spend a few hours at the pool before taking the shuttle to do some shopping. Once we got down to the pool, we realized we would not be swiming there. The pool had water bugs and several small dead frogs and it didn't look like it had been cleaned in a few days.
We left for shopping and were told to call when we were done and the shuttle would come back to pick us up. When I phoned, I was told they would be there in a few minutes (the hotel was not far from where we were). It took an hour and a half before anyone came. When I called to ask if we missed the shuttle, I was told the driver had to leave the grounds but was back and on her way.
Once we returned to our room from shopping, we noticed many many small bugs all over the end table between the bed and by the window. I immediately went to the front desk, and the gentleman working first asked if we would like to switch rooms, then immediately changed his mind and said he would send someone to look at the problem first. A few minutes later, I'm assuming it was housekeeping that showed up, looked at the bugs and also asked if we would like to switch rooms.
To me, this should be a "no brainer" and not even be asked. We should have been offered the minute the bug problem was reported. No apology was offered, not even a free meal coupon.
The next room was clean, but someone had painted the bottom half of the walls in what looked like to cover up scuff/dirt marks, and the paint didn't match.
For this being a "newer" hotel, I was extremely disappointed with the service we received after the bug problem was reported.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank frytut
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This is a very conservative Hilton. The positives: free shuttle to City Place (shopping, restaurants..) and the airport. Room was large -very nice- we got an upgrade which was awesome! Nice large shower, fitness room adequate. The negatives: pool was dirty (they did have someone come and clean it later that day) and small- with only 3 lounge chairs!, not much for a restaurant-very expensive-no atmosphere at all, staff was inattentive most of the time I had to ask for help. They kept answering the phone at the front desk and ignoring me standing in front of them?! There are no restaurants, shopping or groceries within walking distance, all businesses. If the hotel was very inexpensive I would stay there again and just take the shuttle or rent a car, but it was expensive for the area. We stayed March 6th -rate was $150+. I felt it was overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Stayed for business. Recently stayed at another Hilton Garden Inn in Salt Lake City which was GREAT!!!. The housekeeping here did not replace used items in rooms that belonged to my collegues. Staff was generally rude and seemed to be 'put out' by the customers. Then to top it all of my personal credit card was charged for my room; this happened even after I verified with the front Desk while staying at the Hotel that the direct bill (which was not properly set up upon arrival) had been fixed and my room will be properly billed to my company. I became aware of the charge on a Saturday afternoon, promptly callled the Hotel to learn that they cannot help me unitl a manager returns on Monday. I do not plan on ever patrionizing this establishemnt again expecially when many other Hotels are eager to please their customers. Based on my travel esperiences and a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the best) I give them a 3.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank asdfghijk
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting family and friends. I usually do not take the time to write a review but this was the nicest hotel I have stayed at in West Palm Beach. I travel often to see family and have stayed at other properties and most are seeing wear and tear. This property seems new. They have a beatiful pool and a Bar & Restaurant where I was able to order a glass of wine when we arrived. The front desk woman said most of the rooms are Suites and I was quite surprised to see over-sized rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. They also provide room service and we ordered in one night and had a delicious meal. We also took advantage of the free shuttle from the airport and one night went to CityPlace to do some shopping. I will stay here again on my return visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2011

The windows in your room don't open so you can't let any of the beautiful fresh air in...the bar is only open until 11PM and the food service is very limited. The pool is shaded most of the day. The staff is wonderful, but it's hard to feel like you're on vacation when you can't let the sunshine in! It's rated a 3 1/2 star but falls short of a Hilton hotel and it's rating. The shuttle is a nice perk to get to City Place or the airport. You can take the shuttle to City Place and then the trolley from City Place to downtown. It's an expensive cab ride to the beach!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I took my boyfriend to West Palm Beach and stayed in this hotel for his birthday on the July 4th weekend earlier this year. It was better than I thought it would be.

The lobby is decorated very well as is the dining area close to it. It has a very modern and up-to-date feel. The staff were extremely friendly and was there no matter what we needed.

The rooms are not huge, but are of good size and beautiful. The colors are a mixture of warm and cool. The living room was separated from our bathroom by the bathroom.

The living room had its own flat panel tv as did the bedroom. The sofa was amazingly soft. There is also a desk located in the living room.

The bathroom is gorgeous. I'm not much of a tub person so the walk-in shower was just for me (my boyfriend didn't care but did like it). The counter is a dark granite as well as the shower walls. Very nice.

The bed was so comfortable. The linens, down comforter, and down pillows were all white with another thick blanket on top. We had the evolutionary bed which made it much better. The ac wasn't loud, the elevators were of good speed, and overall the hotel was amazing.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a beautiful and stylish hotel that has great rates per night.

• Stayed: July 2010