“Good Bargin”

Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 September 2011

If you want to relax and rest. This is an ok hotel to enjoy for a short stay. I did not rent a car or use a taxi since they provided a free shuttle to and from the airport and downtown to City Place. (The shuttle driver Dominic was very nice and informative). It was just myself in town for family a reunion and some relaxation.
If you are staying during the week and don't have use of a family or friends car, you may want to rent a car because there are no stores or restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Eventhough there's a restaurant in the hotel the variety isn't that great if you are used to fine dining. It's also pricey for the quality of food.
Bathroom needs more attention. Bathtub was peeling not very inviting.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nettieb2

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to Jacksonville. We were happy with everything, the room was spacious and clean and the location was fine. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. We had no complaints and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

After checking in to another hotel near the Hilton, we needed to leave immediately due to the hotel's unacceptable conditions (Double Tree). We were immediately accommodated at the Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport. The hotel lobby and the rooms are beautiful and modern. The bed was extremely comfortable and the ammenities were more than we had hoped for in an airport hotel. The bathrooms were well-appointed and generous in size. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean and were freshened up each day while we were out. Although our room faced the main road, noise from the traffic was minimal - and we even had a view of a small lake located across the highway.

The guest services made the four night stay even more enjoyable due to the staff's professional and courteous demeanor. One of the managers, Steve, was exceptionally helpful and hospitable as he was willing to answer all of our questions about the area and went out of his way to make sure that we were having the perfect stay. Based upon this terrifc experience that included a well-maintained pool area and work out facility, we will definitely return to this hotel whenever we travel to West Palm Beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The hotel service is excellent. If you are a business traveler, this is definetly the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Just in town for two days. Staying at this hotel was not my idea, but will never return back. If you have any precious jewels keep them close to you, I left my hotel room for the day to attend a wedding, ( keep in mind all wedding guest also stayed at this location) to return missing my $2,300 Facconable watch, YES I know the rule, never leave any jewels in your hotel room, but i forgot it, what the hell!!!! I'm sorry... i thought am staying at the Hilton a very reputable hotel my mistake. Not to mention i had to wait a day to speak to a manager, she seemed willing to help until she realized a police report had to be filed. i felt like my persistence was a nuisance to the staff, and after a while i also felt like i was being rushed from the hotel. i was late for my flight due to lack of interest, leaving the hotel with no understanding as to how this will be handled. travelers BEWARE

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AnJels
Reviewed 2 April 2011

After spending a week on a cruise for my parents 50th anniversary, we wanted to splurg and spend our last night in a good hotel. After check in, we were going to spend a few hours at the pool before taking the shuttle to do some shopping. Once we got down to the pool, we realized we would not be swiming there. The pool had water bugs and several small dead frogs and it didn't look like it had been cleaned in a few days.
We left for shopping and were told to call when we were done and the shuttle would come back to pick us up. When I phoned, I was told they would be there in a few minutes (the hotel was not far from where we were). It took an hour and a half before anyone came. When I called to ask if we missed the shuttle, I was told the driver had to leave the grounds but was back and on her way.
Once we returned to our room from shopping, we noticed many many small bugs all over the end table between the bed and by the window. I immediately went to the front desk, and the gentleman working first asked if we would like to switch rooms, then immediately changed his mind and said he would send someone to look at the problem first. A few minutes later, I'm assuming it was housekeeping that showed up, looked at the bugs and also asked if we would like to switch rooms.
To me, this should be a "no brainer" and not even be asked. We should have been offered the minute the bug problem was reported. No apology was offered, not even a free meal coupon.
The next room was clean, but someone had painted the bottom half of the walls in what looked like to cover up scuff/dirt marks, and the paint didn't match.
For this being a "newer" hotel, I was extremely disappointed with the service we received after the bug problem was reported.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank frytut
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This is a very conservative Hilton. The positives: free shuttle to City Place (shopping, restaurants..) and the airport. Room was large -very nice- we got an upgrade which was awesome! Nice large shower, fitness room adequate. The negatives: pool was dirty (they did have someone come and clean it later that day) and small- with only 3 lounge chairs!, not much for a restaurant-very expensive-no atmosphere at all, staff was inattentive most of the time I had to ask for help. They kept answering the phone at the front desk and ignoring me standing in front of them?! There are no restaurants, shopping or groceries within walking distance, all businesses. If the hotel was very inexpensive I would stay there again and just take the shuttle or rent a car, but it was expensive for the area. We stayed March 6th -rate was $150+. I felt it was overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends