“Why didn't you tell us your dining room was closed?”

Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The ability to have a meal AT a hotel without going off site when traveling is important to us and is the reason we elected to stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. We should have been told ahead of four arrival that the hotel was undergoing repairs and that the dining room was closed. Also the check in clerk should not have acted like it was 'no big deal.' For us -- my husband is in his mid 80s and has walking difficulties and other health issues -- it was a big deal to have to wander around in a strange city looking for a meal. The last straw was that the pillows were HUGE and overly firm. Hotels should have pillow options.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport to (of course) be nearest the airport since our stay was short due to a business meeting. I had chose the hotel due to the name "Hilton", and generally can count on the hotel being up to date and with all the amenities that you would expect from a "Hilton". Although the front desk was extremely accommodating, the hotel was very small, and out dated. I felt as if I was staying at a Holiday Inn. I researched the hotel and viewed the pictures online. They hired a GREAT photographer, because it was nothing as it seemed in the photo's. The restaurant was being renovated, so we had to pay extra to a service company to deliver food from a local restaurant. Out of the four eateries we contacted, only one would deliver there. Even though I received a descent rate, I still felt overcharged for the accommodations that I received. If you are planning to stay and enjoy the amenities, look again for another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, which will put you in a sixty dollar room rate in the real world.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Oceanlover716
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I arrived here on a wet Sunday evening and were due to leave early the next morning - so we were looking for a minimum of fuss and a good night's sleep. Check in was speedy and friendly, and the bar/restaurant served us a nice supper quickly. Comfortable rooms and a good night's sleep. Ticked all our boxes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We needed somewhere to stay close to Palm Bay Atlantic University. Found the hotel on line- no problems registering, their follow up and confirmation was very good. Actual stay was good- the two minor problems were not a deterrent, and we would book at this Hotel again. Rooms were clean and fresh! Overall a 'good time was had by all.'

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

As my first stay at a HGI, I was highly impressed with decor. Check in/out was breeze. Layout was nice. Pillows were well stuffed, like I like them. The fact they have a complimentary shuttle to take you to City Place was a nice bonus. I will stay again, just so can I take the shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Its always nice at the Garden Inn where ever it is. This one is located near the airport. I was concerned that it would be noisy but I was wrong. It was very quiet and comfortable. I will be back, I'm sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

A well run, elegantly appointed, clean, comfortable and great spot for a trip. The associates were wonderful and dedicated to my complete satisfaction. I would definitely return. I was treated like a valued guest, and who would want anything less? Great place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business