“Airport Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very Good location nice staff and a newer facility. The front Desk staff was very helpful and the breakfast was good and pleanty !! Some of the rooms face the highway ask for a parking lot side room, Nice pool and outside sitting area. I would recomend this hotel !!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 February 2014

One would expect that the service at a Hilton hotel would be excellent. While the evening desk clerk was most helpful, the morning desk clerk was atrocious.

When asked to help a relative find the hotel, he just kept repeating, "We're x miles north of the airport." Absolutely useless.

When asked how to get to the Arboretum, he had never heard of it.

In neither instance did he offer to consult other staff.

The Garden Inn doesn't provide a free breakfast, and it costs substantially more than hotels that do. Hence one expect exemplary service. This hotel failed miserably.

Also, the bed was very firm -- if you like extremely firm mattresses, you'll appreciate the bed. If not, expect an uncomfortable night.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel -- the Hampton is right next door -- it certainlly couldn't have been wor...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Amrit H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the morning Front Desk associate has been addressed. I'm also disappointed to hear you weren’t satisfied with paying for your breakfast. Our breakfast is much more than what you get at other hotels: cooked to order with fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, as well as a variety of cereals, pastries, and fruits to give you what you need to start your day off right. We appreciate you alerting us of the service issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The cheerfulness and friendliness started from when I checked in and it never left. The ENTIRE staff is this way. Stayed three weeks and didn't have a problem with anyone! I've found that is a rare trait for a hotel. I had a corner room which was MUCH larger than I expected. Very quiet with a large comfortable bed. This property did not give off the "business-only" vibe that I've gotten from other Hilton Gardens. Breakfast was always fresh and hot. Although I didn't partake of the dinner selections, it looked just as tasty as breakfast. Ideal location with a shuttle to/from the airport. Several good restaurants within easy driving distance. Downtown West Palm is also close.

This hotel is in my top three of places to stay in West Palm. HIGHLY recommended.

Room Tip: If you have kids, request one of the corner suites. Lot's of space!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 3 nights with my boyfriend for an anniversary stay-cation and we absolutely loved our room and location. We stayed in the corner suite on the 4th floor and safe to say there was no noise to bother us. And the room was very spacious with a living room with a comfy couch and TV.The bedroom space was also very spacious with its own TV as well and king size bed. We went out to city center to eat every night because city center was up the street. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that might need a short get away from their everyday life or if you are laying over as the WPB airport is also up the street.

Room Tip: don't think you can go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel has really helpful staff - and it is a nice quality hotel. good for business. They have a shuttle which goes to convention center and airport which is good. nothing more to say, but have to submit 200 characters for this review, so I will keep typing...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had a function in West Palm Beach airport ,Bella Macchina ,large Ferrari and corporate jet event attended by 1100 guests .We stayed at the Hjlton due to good service and a shuttle to and from the event .Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Wish I could give this place a higher rating but sometimes when there's a series of failures, it's just not enough to earn that extra star or two….. This hotel is located just north of the airport and about 5 mins from downtown W Palm Beach so it's a great location. They do provide shuttle service to the airport and possibly to downtown but I'm not sure as I had a car.

I was checked-in by Steve who, while friendly and welcoming, obviously could not handle doing more than 2 tasks at once. I say this because as we were talking he asked me three times if I wanted 2 room keys or 1----even while preparing the keys! So imagine being on a long, cross country flight and the first thing you want to do is take a warm or hot shower to clean off before either getting something to eat or going to bed? Not here. Tried the shower and cool (to their credit it wasn't ice cold) water just kept coming out. Now, I can take a cold shower once in a while so I was fine with a short shower as I needed to get a bite to eat. On the way out, I stopped at the front desk to inform them of my problem and Steve and another blonde lady just smiled and apologized while Steve said he would send someone up (they were both in the middle of counting cash or dealing with a lockbox….).

I arrived back late at night near midnight, got into my room and couldn't tell if someone had been there or not to check on the problem. Yes, there was no hot water coming from the sink but being near midnight I made the assumption that the little hotel had run out of hot water. In the morning, cold shower again. Having to leave early, I showered and then checked out. This time the front desk clerk was very good in trying to help me out by checking with the manager on duty (a 20-something young man) who apologized and said he'd have to look into it with the general manager. I asked him when to expect a response and how they would contact me and got a slight brush off. Now, if you've stayed at a HGI before, they claim to have a satisfaction guarantee whereby if there's something wrong and they can't fix it, you get your money back. Apparently not here (maybe none of the HGI's do this in reality for all I know). In any case, it took 2 days for the Operations Mgr (not the GM) to send me an email acknowledging the issue and offering a small credit refund. So maybe I'm missing something from all the kudos for the customer service or is it reserved for a different type/color of clientele? In any case, I wasn't impressed and can't recommend this hotel based on the service lapses.

Room Tip: Check the hot water before settling in!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Manico
Amrit H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

This is not what the Hilton Garden Inn brand or this particular property stands for. There were many failures during your stay and I'm disappointed to see we did not take care of this situation when it happened. Please rest assure this issue has been addressed with the staff. Thank you.