Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“AWSOME”
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Everyone at this HGI is amazing. The chef's food was delightful, i ate there everynight. I had an issue with the room and it was taken care of immediately. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomidating. I will be staying here on my next trip to west palm.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Thousand Oaks CA
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I had a hard time finding it after a long day in the Air. So a word for all you future guests... Its hiding behind the Hampton Inn. I drove by it twice. It needs lighted signs on Worthington Drive.

The hotel staff was very nice, the food was good I ate both breakfast and diner. I did ahve an issue with the TV remote and they came up and fixed it right away.

Lets see the Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. TV was kinda of smallish for a room this size. But it worked fine.

I would stay again if I am ever in West Palm Beach without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Leawood
Reviewed 6 September 2010

The service was amazing. We loved Filip, Greg, and Patrick. My friend and I still miss seeing Filip everyday. The chef was extremely sweet as well. He went out of his way to make sure my friend and I were enjoying everything thoroughly. We plan on coming back as soon as possible. The hotel was awesome as it is, but the staff just made it unforgettable.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Sebastian, FL
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the HGI for one evening while working in WPB. I had reserved a King suite, however, when I arrived a little after check in time, my room was not ready. It wasn't a huge issue for me since I was staying just one evening, but the folks at the front desk offered me another Large King room and a $10 discount or bonus points (2,000 or 3,000) which I accepted.

My room was very large and was poolside on the first floor. It was convenient to the fitness center, pool and restaurant. The room was very clean and tidy and contained a sofa, king bed etc and the bath area contained a large walk in shower. Beware of the shower though because the lights are timed and do go out because they apparently cannot detect motion thru the glass shower door!!! I almost tripped getting out of the shower to find a light. I used the pool and it was also very clean. There is an area with a sofa and other comfortable furniture under a cabana at poolside should you wish to stay out of the sun or sit and read etc. Very nice. The staff at the front desk were extremely accommodating.

I ate dinner in the restaurant and the service was great and the food (Salmon, spinach) was VG. In the morning, it was a different story. There was no table service adn the "server" or person in the restaurant area, just said "be seated whererever you would like". She never came over to the table to offer coffee or to take an order. I had to get up and ask her if I could have an omlet made. I ordered the omlet myself at the kitchen window and picked it up myself. Needless to say I did not leave a tip for the non-service. I was disappointed in the quality of the omlet with velvetta like cheese. The omlet appeard to be premade. The chef was very friendly, smiling etc. unlike the gal in the breakfast area.

The hotel is convenient to CityPlace and there is a shuttle which runs every two hours or so. I would stay here again but I would not have breakfast in such an unfriendly restaurant whether it is free for a HH member or not.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
NY
Reviewed 22 July 2010

If your are looking for great location, friendly and responsive staff, and a quiet stay in a chic setting this is your hotel. Their rates seem to be always competitive.They have a great pool and an outdoor cabana area. The hotel runs a shuttle to City Place. It's an upscale downtown section of a revitalized West Palm Beach. The hotel staff recently extended themselves to help us. Our flight was suddenly cancelled resulting in a seven hour delay. Not wanting to sit it out in the airport, they gladly held our luggage and shuttled us to the downtown area and then picked us up at the time we requested bringing our bags along so we could be dropped directly at the airport. Now that's service. Beleive it or not, we've developed a fondness for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 6 July 2010

The service you will get from this hotel is what you will get at a typical airport hotel. Caters to the type of person who will stay for one night and then hop a flight, never to be heard from again.

If you are an HHonors VIP with a breakfast benefit, expect to have to argue with the front desk over how many people your breakfast is supposed to cover (one + a guest), they'll tell you "it only covers the HHonors member". Also, HHonors members who frequently stay at a HGI, will come to realize that most give two free bottles of water. You won't get them here.

Avoid the breakfast buffet foods that are under the heat lamps, if you can. It will all have been sitting out and won't be very tasty. Anything cooked to order will be delicious though.

However, despite the lackluster service, the rooms here, I will say, are FABULOUS. I had an Evolution Suite and by far it was the best bathroom I have ever seen. It was large, but was shower only, no tub though. It had a very modern decor and automatic lighting in the bathroom. Some rooms also have the adjustable sleep system beds.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Compared to other WPB properties, this Hilton Garden Inn consistently has excellent rates. Free WiFI in the rooms, Comfy beds, some with sleep number if you upgrade to the evolution suites (on my most recent stay the difference was $5) Good water pressure in the shower.

The only complaint is that the flat screen TVs they have are very small, a very odd purchase.

Lobby and Pool are very nice, decent food for a Garden Inn and full breakfast is included for Hilton Gold VIPs and higher.

Free Parking