“Out of the way”

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Melbourne
“Out of the way”
Reviewed 26 November 2009

Hotel itself fine but hard to find and way, way out of palm beach. Make sure you are on the island. Very close to freeway so make sure you get a quiet room. Amenties OK but not much customer service, don't expect help with your bags but hey, think of the tip you saved!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Shropshire
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Only stayed one night but will definately stay again. Easy to get to, very clean and well equipped. Friendly staff, Marvelous breakfast, great heated pool. Price was OK.
Hotel is Non smoking, so a balcony would have been nice for us nicotine addicts! Close to shopping and beach.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
north america
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This property has a very good staff who are helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and decent size. The interstate is only two minutes away. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant within walking distance. The breakfast is decent with eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal biscuits and cinnamon rolls. I would have liked to see a better assortment of fresh fruit other than just bananas. The room I reserved stated: queen beds, however I believe they were full, not queen. Overall it was a good place to stay in a decent area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Frostproof, FL
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Stayed there May '09 for a family function. Check-in was smooth. Staff was warm and attentive to my needs not only during check-in but throughout my stay. For instance, I inquired about a late check out and they were very accommodating just like they were about everything else. I appreciate it when the hotel staff is into the customer reasonable requests fulfillment mode.

The hotel itself appears to be new and always smelled very clean and pleasant. The rooms were very clean, adequate in size and in excellent condition. There was a large screen plasma TV with cable and HBO in my first floor room.

Nice amenities in the ground floor are available like fresh coffee, hot chocolate, tea and milk to enjoy while relaxing or watching tv in the lobby. One night, i bought some fast food and was able to enjoy it in the lobby dining room while watching tv and topping it off with some hot chocolate. There was also a nice looking fitness room with new treadmills and stationary bikes which I didnt have time to use but would have liked to.

Most of my time outside the room, there were only others adults around. In other words, I didn't see or hear any out of control kids running around and being loud like I tend to encounter in Florida hotels.

The only thing remotely negative that I can say about my stay is that the pool was rather small compared to most hotels. Not that is was dirty or crowded or otherwise a turn off to swim in. Only that is was kind of small. Also worth mentioning is that ac air direction in the room cannot be controlled. Thus, I cannot point the cold air from the wall unit away from the bed nearest it.

That's really it. Everything else about the place was good to excellent. The complimentary breakfast was great, the staff was great and the room was excellent for my needs. I would not hesitate to stay there again at the current rates.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank BrianFC
Brampton, Ont
Reviewed 1 May 2009

My wife and I stayed here to attend my cousin's wedding the weekend of Apri 23rd. After doing fairly thorough research for West Palm Beach area (via Tripadvisor) we decided on booking this hotel. I must say that we weren't disappointed about our expectation (actually even exceeded it).
Here are some key points: Easy to find: right at the corner of 45th and Metrocentre a block from I-95. Check in was flawless, very friendly service. Room was very clean, no issues whatsoever (nice large screen LCD). In room Wi-Fi for no additional charge. No problem with parking even if you show up late. Breakfast was much better than what we had expected and enjoyed it every morning. The desktop PC and printer by the lobby was very convenient : we used it to do on-line airline check-in and printed our boarding passes.
Another family member who also attended the same wedding stayed at a "higher end brand name" hotel by Singer Island (15 minutes away towards Palm Beach) . We met up with them at their hotel for lunch on Sunday and we were quite surprise on how much more they paid for and what they got for their room : somewhat smaller room, they had no fridge, no microwave , breakfast not included). Mind you, it was a beach-front hotel. My wife and I felt better knowing that we got great value for where we stayed. I'd recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JustD0IT
Roeland Park, KS, a KC suburb
Reviewed 13 February 2009

This hotel felt brand-spankin' new- extremely clean, room was very spacious, huge bathrooms that was sparkling clean, very upscale feeling, nice window treatments, mini-fridge, microwave, and large flatscreen tv. Computer w printer in the lobby was great to ck in for our flight and print our boarding passes, as well as printing directions to the airport. The breakfast buffet looked like it was great, but we had an early checkout and did not get to check it out. Front desk staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful. Very quiet building- in incredible value for the money!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joan A
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 January 2009

This hotel is about 18 months old, and it's in excellent condition. Clean and quiet, with a friendly and helpful staff. My room was large, immaculate, and very well furnished--including a huge LCD TV, microwave, and fridge, with two complimentary bottles of spring water. Very comfortable work desk with reclining executive chair on wheels. Bath was spotless, complete with granite vanity. My King bed was extremely comfortable--as I've grown to expect from this chain...they even include soft and firm pillows (clearly marked as to type!). The HVAC system was quiet and worked flawlessly, it even had a wall mounted thermostat which worked well. Breakfast was good, although a tad sparser than most Holiday Inn Express hotels I've stayed at. No fresh fruit. The single business center computer and printer worked flawlessly, printed my boarding pass with no problem. A colleague used the free in-room wi fi, and connected easily.

One minor gripe...the flourescent lighting over the bathroom sink was a tad weak. But other than that, my one night stay on a business trip was quite enjoyable.

• Liked — Clean,quiet, comfortable, very well equipped
  • Disliked — Lighting over bathroom sink a bit dark, no fresh fruit at breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Falconer