“Mini getaway”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Finnish first
Bridgeport, CT
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I arrived at this hotel without a reservation, exhausted and worried after a call and a 3 hour flight from Hospice advising me that my mother was in sudden and rapid decline and to come at once. I did not know how long my stay would be and once the reservation desk understood why, they offered me an excellent rate, and a lovely and quiet suite. They respected my privacy and looked out for me at the same time, offering kind words and smiles as I came and went. When my mother passed away, they handled all faxes and confidential paperwork that came in regarding her final arrangements. I am grateful for that and the beautiful and restful surroundings. The full hot breakfast buffet each morning, the business center, and all other amenities are an excellent value. I recommend them without qualification.

Room Tip: All rooms have a quiet side and none have noisy window A/C units. There are no restaurants in this...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We had reservations at another hotel and I cancelled them when I found this Hawthorn Suites. I am SO GLAD I did! We were in West Palm Beach to take my son to college (Palm Beach Atlantic University.) Since we needed to be in the area for several days, I wanted a room that would have the feel of home. It was wonderful! The front desk staff members were very friendly and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome! The room was beautiful, breakfast was nice, and the pool was refreshing! We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on an upper floor and it felt like we were the only guests there. We never heard elevator...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
murray123, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
So glad you found us, thanks for choosing our hotel. Our goal is to make all our guests feel like they are at home from the moment you walk into our doors. We look forward to your next visit with us.
CLERMONT
Reviewed 10 October 2012

It is simply the location. Concerned about exterior security! There were no issues, I am just familiar with the surrounding area. The hotel interior was fabulous.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

2 Thank BRENDA K
HOMESTEAD
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stay at Hawthorn West Palm Beach three times a year for the Jehovah's Witness Convention because it has the most convenient location and it is a high quality hotel.
My family and I enjoy their breakfast every morning as well as the comfort and cleanliness of the suites. The staff is very friendly and make us feel welcome all the time. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your kind words, we always enjoy hearing our guests are satisfied with their stay. We appreciate your loyalty each year in choosing this Hawthorn Suites when you are in town.
Schmerikon, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We had a small mishap in the room. We were surprised how friendly and accomodating the staff responded. Thank you very much again.The rooms are equipped with full expectations-kitchen and good beds. The breakfast was good and beautifully appointed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lotusbluete1
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I am pretty tough on hotels. I mean, in truth, I am a hotel snob!! This hotel is still fairly new ( a few years old), and I got the sense that not many people were aware of its existence. My family in West Palm Beach all said that they didn't even know it was there. My boyfriend is originally from West Palm Beach and he didn't even know it was there. The grounds are nice for evening strolls. The location is awesome and only a few minutes from the airport. They offer full breakfast and laundry facilities. And although I knew that the hotel had other guests, I felt like I was the only one there. They allowed me to check in early, and the only room available at that time with a King bed was Rm. 104, which is a handicapped accessible room that was configured slightly different from the other rooms. I thought that this was going to be a problem; however, it turned out to be such a wonderful stay that the room differences were ever so slight in comparison, and it was an awesome room away from noise, the hustle and bustle of guests, and elevator doors opening and closing. Since I am a light sleeper, this turned out to be an awesome alternative since the room was not occupied at that time. I didn't even know at the time of check-in that it was an extended stay hotel with a kitchenette and separate bedroom area, which was awesome! The only reason that I did not give this hotel a 5 is because the bedroomTV needs updating and the shower as well (add curved shower rack or doors)...and the floor should always be vacuumed daily...but that's just me nitpicking as usual. Other than that, the entire experience was a nice surprise!

The staff (all of them) are amazingly friendly and accommodating. I had never stayed at a Wyndham property before, and I had no idea that Wyndham even owned certain hotels that I vowed to stay away from, but after my experience at this hotel, I am now tempted to try some of the other Wyndham properties just to see if this was a fluke. :-)

Kasturi: Thanks for making my stay pleasant and reminding me what customer service SHOULD be like!! You are my new measure stick for others.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, try a room on the first floor! At some hotels, I would never suggest t...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for helping spread the word about our hotel, we are very proud of our property. We truly appreciate guests like yourself who help others find our location when they come to West Palm Beach.