“Nice place to stay”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We booked a king bedroom 3 months in advance and also paid in advance! but when we arrived the very unfriendly girl on duty said without a smile that king bedrooms were all gone so we had a 2 queen beds room. Seems like paying in advance doesn't give you what you booked. Sad is, the couple who arrived before us got a king bed room without having a reservation. Not very nice to treat people who pay in advance this way!
Anyway room was clean .. it has a full kitchen, 2 TV. Bathroom is big and has a vanity area.
Breakfast was good .. very crowded if you breakfast after 8am.
When we checked out I forgot a t-shirt in the bathroom. I called the front desk 1 hour after we left the hotel and unfortunately the unfriendly girl was on duty and she treated me very bad saying nothing was found. She didn't even ask the housekeeping if they found my t-shirt! Anyway the next day we were in Palm Beach for few hours and we decided to go to the hotel to ask if they found my t-shirt. O' course the unfriendly girl was on duty ... she treated me a little better cause my husband was with me .. she checked a list to see if a t-shirt was found. T-shirt was never found .. weird cause we are pretty sure it was in the bathroom on the chair in front of the vanity. Anyway this girl was the ONLY problem during our stay! The staff in general is very nice and the blond lady at the breakfast buffet is very nice and very attentive! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Buf04,
Thank you for your great comments regarding "Nice Place to stay". We try to exceed our guests expectations and unfortunately from time to time we are unable to meet our guests bedding requests due to various situations. I can assure you we do our best of course to meet every request and forgive me if you did not receive your King. I would like some additional information regarding the guest service specialist who you had the encounter with as this is most surprising. Please message me with your confirmation number and or name so I can thoroughly address this. Rest assured if an item is found in one of our suites our staff is diligent to bring it to the front offices immediately where we record the room number, date and of course the item found. I hope to hear from you soon.
Warmest Regards
Michael Clark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My son and I stayed for 3 nights in Jan 2013 for the AYSO State Tournament. The staff were friendly and professional, even when the lobby was overrun by kids! :-) From the moment I arrived to the time I checked out I felt welcome and appreciated. The rooms where clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was ample and on time every morning. It was too cold to try the pool but it looked like it would be nice. Location gave us easy access to everything nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Togo1996,
We enjoy being a top choice for American Youth Soccer in their yearly visit to West Palm Beach. Being a team parent and Senior Contributor) you obviously stay at many hotels and I greatly appreciate all of the kind things shared in your review along with a top rating. I will share all of your kind words with our Friendly and Professional team members. Please stay with us again as we are locked in for 2015 for AYSO in Jan.
Thanks,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I would stay here again definitely! The hotel staff was very friendly, the rooms are very clean. The breakfast could be better but, overall it was a excellent place to stay.

Dear Treva S,
I truly appreciate your top review of our Hotel. I am still amazed at how many different travelers share many of the same words, (Friendly Staff, Clean, Excellent) This is what we strive for each and every day and we hope your next visit with us will be filled with an even greater experience.
ex·cel·lent
ˈeksələnt/Submit
adjective
extremely good; outstanding.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel was very clean and rooms were large in size. The staff were very friendly and for a small surcharge I subscribed to their shuttle bus which will take you anywhere locally from 7am till 11pm at night. Only complaint was that it wasn't sunny enough to use the external pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Trevor B,

Thank you for your great review. I am happy you found the suites Clean and Large, they are over 500 square feet. I am also glad you had used our shuttle while you were here, for just $20 it is not a bad deal. :-( I am so SAD we did not have more sunshine for you during your stay. I hope next time we will have perfectly sunny and warm weather so you may take advantage of our lovely outdoor heated pool which over looks the lake.
Regards,