“By far the best "on the road " hotel I have stayed at”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I usually stay at the Hampton inn when I'm on the road, but my wife and I were fortunate to be directed here.

The staff are super friendly and attentive, the rooms are spacious and very well equipped, with full kitchen and apartment size refrigerators. The daily hot breakfast can not be beat, and we especially liked the real plates and cutlery, a first for us!

Free internet is now becoming a huge plus, and here it is fast and reliable. You can hard wire in your room or use wifi. As we were staying a week we brought along an Apple TV box to watch our favorite shows and we're able to stream with no latency.

Work out room is a very comfortable size, there is a laundry room with washers and dryers, tokens available at front desk for a small fee. The hallways are bright and spotless, " not one dusty table by the elevators" The pool is of adequate size but does have bathrooms, which again is a first in this type of hotel. Although along side the expressway, the road noise was minimal and the construction on the neighboring lot did not present any problems, despite our initial concerns. Within walking distance to to the West Palm beach dog track and Poker Room. The hotel will supply unlimited access to a shuttle bus for a one time fee covering your entire stay. Just give them a call and they come and pick you up.

I can not find a single fault in this hotel and would like to congratulate Michael Clark, Donna and the rest of the team on a well deserved public vote of being the best hotel in the area.

Greg M
Chicago IL

Room Tip: This is an all suite hotel, so all the rooms have identical layout. Rooms to the front of hotel are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg M
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear GregM,
We are the fortunate ones to have the "best guests" who stay with us and share their experiences. (Thanks for the top review) Without such incredible guests we would not be where we are today, and we thank each and every one of them for their great feedback to help us improve daily. Thank you for your personal vote of confidence but I must share this with the entire team here at the Hawthorn Suites. I hope you registered for Wyndham Rewards which is an excellent loyalty program. Our guests love our new Xfinity Business Class internet which delivers 100 up and 100 down load speeds. Please stay with us again and visit our other Wyndham Brand Hotels so you can continue to be amazed with the service and facilities.
Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We booked a king bedroom 3 months in advance and also paid in advance! but when we arrived the very unfriendly girl on duty said without a smile that king bedrooms were all gone so we had a 2 queen beds room. Seems like paying in advance doesn't give you what you booked. Sad is, the couple who arrived before us got a king bed room without having a reservation. Not very nice to treat people who pay in advance this way!
Anyway room was clean .. it has a full kitchen, 2 TV. Bathroom is big and has a vanity area.
Breakfast was good .. very crowded if you breakfast after 8am.
When we checked out I forgot a t-shirt in the bathroom. I called the front desk 1 hour after we left the hotel and unfortunately the unfriendly girl was on duty and she treated me very bad saying nothing was found. She didn't even ask the housekeeping if they found my t-shirt! Anyway the next day we were in Palm Beach for few hours and we decided to go to the hotel to ask if they found my t-shirt. O' course the unfriendly girl was on duty ... she treated me a little better cause my husband was with me .. she checked a list to see if a t-shirt was found. T-shirt was never found .. weird cause we are pretty sure it was in the bathroom on the chair in front of the vanity. Anyway this girl was the ONLY problem during our stay! The staff in general is very nice and the blond lady at the breakfast buffet is very nice and very attentive! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Buf04,
Thank you for your great comments regarding "Nice Place to stay". We try to exceed our guests expectations and unfortunately from time to time we are unable to meet our guests bedding requests due to various situations. I can assure you we do our best of course to meet every request and forgive me if you did not receive your King. I would like some additional information regarding the guest service specialist who you had the encounter with as this is most surprising. Please message me with your confirmation number and or name so I can thoroughly address this. Rest assured if an item is found in one of our suites our staff is diligent to bring it to the front offices immediately where we record the room number, date and of course the item found. I hope to hear from you soon.
Warmest Regards

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My son and I stayed for 3 nights in Jan 2013 for the AYSO State Tournament. The staff were friendly and professional, even when the lobby was overrun by kids! :-) From the moment I arrived to the time I checked out I felt welcome and appreciated. The rooms where clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was ample and on time every morning. It was too cold to try the pool but it looked like it would be nice. Location gave us easy access to everything nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Togo1996,
We enjoy being a top choice for American Youth Soccer in their yearly visit to West Palm Beach. Being a team parent and Senior Contributor) you obviously stay at many hotels and I greatly appreciate all of the kind things shared in your review along with a top rating. I will share all of your kind words with our Friendly and Professional team members. Please stay with us again as we are locked in for 2015 for AYSO in Jan.
Thanks,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I would stay here again definitely! The hotel staff was very friendly, the rooms are very clean. The breakfast could be better but, overall it was a excellent place to stay.

Dear Treva S,
I truly appreciate your top review of our Hotel. I am still amazed at how many different travelers share many of the same words, (Friendly Staff, Clean, Excellent) This is what we strive for each and every day and we hope your next visit with us will be filled with an even greater experience.
ex·cel·lent