“Good Hotel Bad Business”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Frimley, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel Bad Business”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Fairly good all round little noisy as a building is starting next door, the staff very helpful and polite.
My biggest problem is with management which I think Is very bad PR I booked a room thru Booking .com 24th Feb but cancelled it in good time as the hotel would charge, no cancellation charge if notified by a certain time which I did which Booking.com confirmed I re-booked for a later date which we used OK but am still awaiting the refund from the hotel from the 24th Feb approx 35 days. Although I think Booking.com should refund the monies as the contract is with me and them they say that they are still awaiting for the person from the hotel to authorize the refund. Something all should be aware of I think.

Room Tip: Away from the construction side. It is really big complex.
1 Thank tpp442016
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear TPP44,
Thank you for your comments and review enjoying our helpful staff and your stay. Due to your reservation being made by a third party and they have certain restrictions and policy's in place, we simply followed those mandated rules. As I mentioned in my communication with you we have issued the refund as we just received the paperwork for the cancellation. I feel bad this mis-communication with the company you made your reservation with has caused for you to feel anything but happy with the Hawthorn Suites. I will review the third party's booking policy's and procedures so this will not happen again. Please consider booking directly with us in the future so we can assure you of the best service.
Michael Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here for a week on vacation. The hotel is located across the street from the newly opened Palm Beach Outlets and also to a nearby Target and Dunkin Donuts. The hotel is about five minutes from the airport and minutes from I95. Also, not too far from City Place.

The hotel is kept extremely clean. The breakfast buffet is very diversified and is also well kept.

It was a added bonus to have the kitchen and full size refrigerator. We were able to buy milk, soda and snacks and have ample room to store them. I loved having the TV at the dining table in the kitchen, as well as one in the bedroom.

1 Thank nycgal529
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear nycgal529,

WOW we appreciate your top review and are very glad you had a "Perfect Stay". We continue to try and exceed our guests expectations in regards to quality, cleanliness and service and we are happy you appreciate this. Please visit us again.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I´ve been for 2 days, March 14th and 15th, at this amazing Hotel, very clean and nicely decorated, so close to the malls,( a few blocks away from the new Palm Beach outlet Mall! ) golf courses and the great beaches of Palm Beach. The hotel staff was so friendly, I don´t want to forget to mention the front desk ladies and the courteous and helpful Concierge, Facundo Rossello

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear MERECEDES125,
Thank you very much for your top review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your kind words and the recognition offered for our staff. We strive to provide the finest facilities and experience for our guests. Please stay with us again.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is our first stay at this hotel and we do not have a need to look elsewhere. We have family in West Palm and prefer the privacy of a suite stay, so we will definitely be back and stay here. This hotel is meticulously clean, very friendly/helpful staff and it is centrally located. Great breakfast buffet!! Rooms are cleaned to perfection and have a full kitchen (except for 2 burner stove), also includes dishwasher. Will definitely recommend this to anyone without hesitation. The only surprising/negative is that after a 4 night stay, at checkout, we were charged for a bottle of water, which I thought, at that point, should've been complimentary.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear cac01,
Wow thank you for the top review. From your comment "Meticulously Clean" to "Friendly Helpful Staff" I know we had a new loyal guest. Your review title is exactly what we strive for each and every day. On your next stay your water and welcome gift will be on me (Michael Clark) Please stop in my office and let me know you are in-house.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had one night in West Palm before an early morning flight. We were looking for a place close to the airport, not very expensive and with a hotel shuttle. Got this hotel on a discount website. I had put in the search engine that I wanted a place with an airport shuttle. They do here. But, the hours are limited (does not begin running until 7am, which doesn't work for a 7:30 flight) and it is not free (???). You have to pay twenty dollars/person, but that includes a round trip. That being said, it is not half price if you only go one way. And a cab is about twenty each way, no matter how many people. So, if you don't need to go both ways and have two or more in your party, the airport shuttle is useless. This is also a brand new hotel. Our cab driver had no idea where it was or where the street was, so you may want to have directions on-hand. It was in my phone GPS though.

The issues aside, this is probably the nicest hotel I have stayed at for just a quick stop-over stay! You could easily feel at home here for a week or more! It was a two room suite. The living room/kitchen is nicely appointed. Large tv, couch, chair, desk, well-lit, etc. And it had an almost full kitchen. A FULL SIZE stainless steel refrigerator! Microwave, full size dishwasher and two burner stove. Granite counter tops and cherry wood cabinets made this probably a nicer kitchen than my own (certainly newer appliances!).

The bathroom had a make-up counter separate from the sink, so one person can apply make-up/dry hair, etc. while someone else brushes their teeth and uses the sink.

The beds were so comfortable. And the best part is that I didn't hear a sound all night! It sits far enough from the main road that there is not the usual traffic noises you hear in hotels.

We missed out on the included breakfast because we had to leave an hour before they began serving, but we were able to take advantage of the coffee maker and microwave to eat in the room before catching our cab.

The room was immaculate - not a spot of dirt anywhere in the room. The lobby was also quite clean. We didn't check out the pool or fitness room, but it had both.

We would certainly stay here again if we are in WPB.

1 Thank meklein
Dear meklein,
Thank you very much for your excellent review, Forgive us if our Hotel Shuttle did not suit your needs. The excellent value of just $20 per week per suite is an excellent value considering the shuttle is not just for the airport but can take our guests within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, which means additional shopping, the airport, restaurants, the Beach, even the Zoo and other attractions. I hope next visit you can take advantage of this and possibly our heated pool. I will share your great review of the hotel facilities to the proper department leaders. It makes my day when a guest (Top Contributor) offers such a glowing review of the hotel.