“For 1 night absolutely OK !”

Best Western Palm Beach Lakes Inn
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Beautiful garden and pool area. The hotel is relatively old, but the rooms are confortable and clean. Good and reichhalties breakfast (Waffles, yogurts, fruits and others). We booked this hotel because it was a shopping center across the street. Myth: Only the big stores are still open and only individually accessible from the outside, the gallery of the mall's food court, including closed. Otherwise good value for money.

Room Tip: prefer room to pool side, near room 140
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and they were good. Staff was nice and friendly. We passed by the hotel without even seeing it (wish the sign was bigger)... All-in-all we had a great visit at this facility..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
coram ny
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We booked early and asked for a poolside room on the first floor. We got a parking lot view on the second floor w/ no elevator. Not satisfactory. We both have a difficult time with stairs.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
murray123, General Manager at Best Western Palm Beach Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Traveler,
I am sorry we were unable to give you the accommodations you requested. The next time you are considering West Palm Beach for your traveling needs please feel free to contact me directly to make your reservation arrangements.
William Murray, GM

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We had a coupon for the Best Western but when we checked in the Manager told us that all the rooms that the coupon was good for were occupied. This was mid-week and granted the hotel appeared to be busy. We have 2 dogs and were informed there would be an extra fee which is not unusual (we normally stay at La Quintas where pets are free). The extra fee was a total of almost $35 so for one night in a room that certainly wasn't special it cost us $165. Not sure what made this room different from non-pet rooms as we were travelling with another couple and their room was exactly the same. The pool was awesome - clean and very warm. We not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I don't know when some of the reviews were written but our room was really clean, the bath room was stocked with plenty of towels and toilet paper. The staff were very friendly and looks like the manager of the motel got along with his staff seems like there is a good working relationship among all employees. The outdoors was very clean and the staff was always around checking on litter and wiping off the chairs around the pool. They have plenty of towels around the pool to use. The manager was very helpful in giving us directions to various places that we wanted to see. I would use this motel again. One of the better Best Westerns that we have stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
murray123, General Manager at Best Western Palm Beach Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you so much for noticing our staff's effort to make your stay comfortable. We truly work together as a team and most of the staff has been with us on average 5 plus years. We take great pride in the appearance in our rooms as well as our tropical courtyard. Again thank you for your time and positive feedback.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We checked into the hotel and were greeted by a surly lady who asked if I was disabled! I said No! She said that I had been allocated a disabled room. I asked if there were any other rooms available and was told that the hotel was full. Therefore, at this point I had no option but to accept the room allocated which was room number 110. Upon entering the room I noticed that right outside the room was an ice machine which constantly made a really loud noise. My son has acute autism and therefore, the noise really upset him. When I inspected the bathroom it was not clean and had a wet room shower. My son cannot due to lack of manual dexterity turn taps – therefore, he would probably flood the bathroom if he had used the shower which was obviously of concern to me.

About 30/40 minutes later I was informed that another room was available number 187 – I did asked at the time if it was within the main hotel and was told yes. However, when we were escorted to the room it was on the outside in a separate block looking out onto the road. I did state to the lady who took us to the room that my son does not like noise but she assured me that it would not be noisy once the door was closed.

The room was horrible – it was dirty – the carpet was black and I could not get a video of it on my mobile phone as it just looked like a black wall. When my son took of his shoes his white socks turned black when he walked on the carpet. He was getting really distressed by this time. When I inspected the bathroom I was horrified to find the toilet seat was old and grimy, the floor was sticky and dirty and the bath was filthy with grime. I noticed there was a mat on the bottom of the bath - upon moving it I was nearly sick – there was a brown horrible stain under it and the bath was a different colour under the mat to the rest of the bath. The bath was I think supposed to be white but it was a creamy dirt colour. As for the stain it looked like rust with dirt and grime encrusted into it. Nobody could have been expected to shower or have a bath in it.

Everything in the room was unclean, the fridge and microwave looked dirty from the outside I did not venture to look at the inside of them in case I was ill.

I went to reception and got really upset but was informed that all the hotels in the area were booked as she had contacted 8 of them earlier that day for other guests (they probably did not want to stay at the Best Western either). She came and looked at the bath and took a picture of it on her mobile phone. The lady stated that there was nothing she could do to help us as the hotel was full and they had no other rooms to move us to.

By this time my son had got really distressed and wanted to leave, if we could have moved to a different hotel I would have done so at this point. However, given that there were no hotel rooms available in the area there was nothing we could do. Because it was getting dark my husband did not want to drive to Fort Lauderdale to see if there were any rooms available there.

I had to sleep on top of the bed next to my son as he was getting really anxious and upset at this point. We slept in our clothes we could not sleep in the beds for fear of what we may find. In the morning we could not shower or get clean before departing to Fort Lauderdale for the cruise.

It took my son another two days after we had left the hotel to get over the upset and trauma of the nights stay.

I e mailed the General Manager who has since offered me a 50% refund but I have declined this offer as I feel that it is not enough for the upset that it caused my family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank K w
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here in Febuary with my husband and 2 other couples, one with children, when we arrived at 3pm we were told the rooms would not be ready for a while as they had been fully booked the evening before, infact we could not book in until 5pm which was very inconvenient as we had choosen this place to meet up with family for 1 night. The room could definitely do with an update, the carpet looked grubby but the bathroom was clean and the bed very comfy. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I did not feel the area was very safe!! They also had a notice in the room to take your valuables with you.
I would not stay here again, but if your looking for a cheap place to stay, it could be for you..

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family