“Overpriced Motel with Great Airport Location!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport

Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Atlanta
“Overpriced Motel with Great Airport Location!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at this overpriced MOTEL for 8 hours. The main reason I selected this motel was because I was flying into PBI at the last minute and very late. I wanted a hotel with airport shuttle service. I did not find out until after booking my room that their shuttle only runs until 11p. I should have just stayed at a cheaper hotel and paid for the $6 cab ride.
The room was clean, but there was a stale/mildew smell. I checked in very late and even called the Stay Inn in advance to let to confirm my booking, and to also advise them that I would be arriving after midnight. At check in I was given a map of the property and my keys. My room was on the second floor in the back of the motel community. I would not have mind being so far from the front desk if this was a actual hotel with an elevator accessible via the lobby, but this was not the case. I had to walk outside basically in the parking lot and down a hallway to an elevator then even further to my room which was conveniently located on the other side of the property.

The following morning I was awaken by the housekeeper bursting into my room because the room did not have a Do Not Disturb sign. At check out the agent was not helpful at all. She took the room keys back and just let me stand there waiting for some form of communication. 3 minutes later she finally tells me we were done, but never offered me a receipt for my room charges or even thanked me for my business. I inquired about the complimentary shuttle to the airport and 15 minutes later after they could not find "Sam the van driver," the manager drove myself and another guest to the airport in her personal vehicle.

Needless to say I wont be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank msdanipi
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I would like you to know that we take our customers comments very seriously and take action on the issues ASAP.
Please keep in mind that when we are busy and close to a sale out we can only give rooms we have available.
In addition I was the manager that took you to the airport as I did not wanted you to wait more than 5 minutes and during our ride to the airport I asked you how your stay was your respond was great thank you.
I wish you had addressed all the issues during your ride to the airport so I could responded.
I am sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We needed a place to stay near the West Palm airport and were pleased to find this hotel at a reasonable price. We made a request for an early shuttle to the airport and the driver was waiting for us. The do offer breakfast but didn't have time to have other anything but coffee

• 5 of 5 bubbles
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on you recent stay with us.
I would like you to know that we take our customers comment very seriously as we try to improve our self’s to provide our guest the best customer service.
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you in the further.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We got stuck in West Palm due to a cancelled flight. Most hotels we tried were fully books and we ended up at Stay Inn. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The service was excellent. They provide a very nice van service for the airport and they shuttled to and from City Place. The staff are trained well and aim to please. Not your 4 star hotel but a good option when you are a distressed traveler.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Englewood, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have to say, I was a little worried about staying here after I read some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised after arriving. The room was very nice and clean and, although I didn't interact much with the staff, the girls at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. I had no problems with bugs, noise, etc. or any other issues that other people addressed in their reviews. I stayed here for four nights and would definitely stay again. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then this definitely isn't it but it was very nice for the price I paid and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Saint Augustine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Parking lot was very tight and very full. Continental breakfast was very limited and the dining area was very small.. Guest room was musty but clean. When we arrived at 11:00 PM there were a lot of people milling about in the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just down the road from the airport. Comfortable, clean rooms, good breakfast. Not extravagant but very acceptable. Also close to the expressway and close to stores and restaurants. Very good value, although price fluctuated quite a bit around New Years.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken53
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a $40-$50 per night airport hotel suitable for one night maximum. I ended up paying $100 because everything else was booked. The coffee was good at the morning buffet. I passed on everything else but they did have hard boiled eggs, donuts, toast, cereal, bagels, and juice. The wifi was so bad I used the hot spot on my phone. There was no clock or refrigerator in the room. The fitted sheet didn't fit the bed properly and came off revealing the mattress. The bath shampoo/conditioner was congealed into oil and cream. The bar soap immediately fell into pieces when we opened it. The crowning jewel, however, was the black mold on the bottom of the shower curtain. When we told the front desk about it on checkout I was given the distinct impression that they would get right to it the second Tuesday of never.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank robdac
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Please be assured that the issues you have raised haven been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken.
Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.