“Surprising Staff”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here with my friend and didn't expect much because of the reasonable price. I was surprised to discover the hotel was in pretty good shape! The inside is clean and polished, and I liked the layout of the front desk, which allowed employees to help different guests at the same time, so I didn't have to wait in a line which I absolutely hate. I was even more impressed with the staff. There was a guy at the front desk named Scott Cotton and he knew everything about the area. He gave us a bunch of pamphlets and directions and hooked us up with the free shuttle so we didn't have to worry about a sober driver. We felt like we had our own tour guide! The girl who checked us in was efficient and told us to call her if we needed anything. I think her name tag said Tanya, but she said she goes by "T." The hotel had a bar and restaurant that don't look like anything special, but have amazing drinks and delicious food. Our bartender Lisa was willing to create new drinks for us and the food was so good we got the chef's name, Walner. The pool was nice too, and the room was just like any other. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you 203Traveler13 for your great review about our Hotel! We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and our staff was very helpful and accommodating to your needs. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Could not say more about the front desk. "Tee" at the front desk was awesome at check in. Scott Cotton is great as a supervisor always smiling and knows all the great places in W.P.B. to go. Lisa in the lounge is great. Chef Walner one of the best steaks I've ever had. Everyone at the hotel is so nice. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my sons. The walls were paper thin. I could hear the entire phone conversation that my neighbor was having and could even hear what the other person was saying on the other end of his cell phone! My kids got stuck in the service elevator which should not be accessible to the public. The management didn't know that any one was stuck in the elevator until I notified them. There is a club on the property and on Saturday night there was absolutely no where for guests to park. Front desk staff ranged from pleasant to clueless. I felt that I overpaid for what I got out of the deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Jaimie C,
We appreciate you taking the time to express your feedback about your stay with us. We apologize for the challenges you encountered during your visit at our hotel. We promise this is not the norm of our guest experience. As for the establishment text door, unfortunately they are not affiliated with our hotel. We will do our best to make sure this is communicated to that establishment. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please contact us to 561-659-3880. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Perfect location, upscale hotel close to airport and I-95. Good food and great bar. Free parking and plenty of it. Great friendly staff. Clean and updated large rooms. Building has been updated everything is new. Hotel pricing can be leveraged through Priceline bidding. We have successfully bid this area and almost always get this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy N
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you Nancy N for a great review! We are pleased to hear that our entire team provided you with attentive and friendly service. Thank you again and we hope you continue to choose us on your next visit to this area.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

After having a horrible day, I arrived to the hotel and was welcomed by very friendly people at the front desk, didn't wait for more than 10min to get my room which was great because I was exhausted. I decided to go to their restaurant for dinner and was welcomed by Christine, this young lady made my stay one not to forget, it was my first time in the area and she not only gave me the best service at the restaurant but was there to help me with any question I had; gave directions and recommendations of places to go and things to do which helped me out a lot. She always had a smile on her face, just one of those people that make you want to come back. Great place great service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

John P, it is an honor to be able to reply to your review! Thank you very much for your kind words they are greatly appreciated! It was my pleasure to help you during your stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself and if your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose us again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Room smelled..also very loud party going on..started at 2 am when some festival in town ended . the worst part was waking up in the morning at 530..turning light on in the bathroom and seeing a huge roach run behind a crack in the bathroom by the counter..(Room 306) ..staff was good but they could never be good enough to make me stay again..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Good Evening Steven M, I definitely want to apologize about your situation during your recent stay with us. I understand why you feel the way you do, but if you ever come back please stop by to see me to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we have to offer.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I live mostly in Hilton hotels but I needed a one night stay in West Palm Beach, Florida at a nominal cost so I booked here. I am an IHG Diamond tier person, so I was told my room was one of the better ones on a high floor. The rooms probably will be upgraded in the next year or so, from what I was told, but I had a nice King size bed that was comfortable with a big screen TV and even bigger refrigerator than I get at my winter stays at the Embassy Suites ---- not far away. There was a Keurig coffee machine, but it didn't look too clean and the old refill was still in the machine and I didn't know how long the water might have been staying in it, so I just drank some bottled water that I had brought with me, instead of having to go to the lobby area to get some hot water for tea. The bath rooms are old and typical Holiday Inn style, but the staff on duty was very nice and tried to be helpful. For me, it was okay for a night, but the property needs updating. Even though I am a diamond IHG, there is no breakfast, something I have become used to from. MY stays at
Starwood and Hilton, but I was given 500 bonus points. I think IHG really has to address this issue and award something special to those holding Diamond status besides some extra points for the tier.

Room Tip: Upper level
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Good Evening Sarah33333, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback and for choosing to stay with us on your last visit to West Palm Beach; it is always great to hear from our valued guests how we are doing! I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room, I will be reviewing this with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure this does not occur again. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is!