“cancelled flight/sleepover”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
White Plains, New York
“cancelled flight/sleepover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our flight was cancelled and the airline put us up over night in this hotel near the PBI airport. We were stranded without a car. The shuttle service was excellent! they picked us up at the airport and took us back to airport at 5 am- couldn't have been nicer. Also, took us to City place...gave us explanations of what was there, suggestions of where to go, both the drivers were EXTREMELY cordial, friendly, informed and gracious. ALso, all the staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly, suggesting they help us get boarding passes, etc. They all made an unpleasant situation much better for us. Thank you to the drivers and front desk staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Good Afternoon Janet M, thank you very much for your comments, they are greatly appreciated! We are pleased to hear that your stay at the Holiday Inn was wonderful and our staff was able to turn your unpleasant situation into a great one! We look forward to many more visits from you. Thank you again!
Christine Petersson - Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Vicksburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My stay at the Holiday Inn has been a good stay. Christine Petersson has really made our extended stay nice by being so friendly. She is very knowledgeable and if we ever had any mix ups she would be the one to straighten them out. She is a great person and very professional. Maria and Jessica are always smiling friendly faces when we came back from work each evening. Paul Romero was really nice and accommodating on our groups stay.
The only bad experience I had during my stay at the hotel was on my billing. Scott Cotton is too busy always trying to be funny and act like a teenager to do his job correctly. When I went to pay my bill on evening he was busy playing a practical joke on someone by wrapping the phone in rubber bands to concentrate on his work. He ended up not charging my card. A week or two later I get a larger bill under my door that half of it I had already tried to pay. When I go to ask him about the issue he comes up with all kinds of excesses of what happened. Then he insists that I never came down to talk to him and that I did not know what I was talking about and continually talked over me. Scott Cotton needs to grow up and act his age! There is a time and place for joking but when you are at work things need to be taken seriously.
Beside the billing issue my stay has been good and all the people have been nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Good Morning Lance G! First and foremost I would like to apologize for the unpleasant situations you experienced at the Front Desk. This is definitely not how we run our hotel! Thank you for sharing your thoughts because it enables us to target problems and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations do not happen again. On the other hand, I am so happy to hear that Maria, Jessica, Paul and I were able to make your stay a memorable one! It was a pleasure having you and your group stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at this location for our SunFest 2013 trip and enjoyed it enough to return for our SunFest 2014 vacation. One of the main reasons for booking at this location was the shuttle service to and from the concert. Scott Cotton, Guest Service Representative, always kept us up to date with information about the shuttle and made an effort to keep an excellent, friendly rapport with the guests of the hotel. Wayman, one of the shuttle drivers, went out of his way to help my sister and me with our navigations to and from SunFest and we greatly appreciated his knowledge of the area. Overall, we had an excellent stay and I plan to return to this hotel if I am in the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you LBSage17 for your loyalty to us! We look forward to seeing you again for SunFest 2015!

burlington, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I tend to stay at Holiday Inn quite often because of the consistent experience I have at each location I visit. This stay was no different. The room was clean, the staff was polite and the breakfast was there when I left for the airport (bonus to me because I left for the airport at 3:45am which is 15 minutes before breakfast officially starts!) This location also had the added bonus of being right next to a 7-11, which I appreciated having nearby for hot tea, aspirin, and a late night snack!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you Micmac1007 for your kind words! It is our pleasure to know that your stay at the Holiday Inn was wonderful!

Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had to escalate our arrival to Florida by one day, and last minute secured a hotel room thru Priceline. Although, it wasn't a inexpensive rate, out midnight check-in availed us the last handicap rooms, with one double bed...not queen. I didn't blink when they said this was all they had...but secretly wondered if this was the priceline standard...no bed guarantee...except it sleeps 2! Oh well, one night.

We could hardly turn over, if not in unison. It was rather funny until 2am, when I stumbled to the hide-a-bed couch, and unfolded, and sheeted it as my retreat from a cliff edge perch. Finally fell asleep crosswise on this bed to avoid the bar in the back, but thankful for even this option.

Pancake house a short walk down Belvedere. Wifi good. Pretty pool. Free airport shuttle, and also to Tri train station.

Room Tip: Refuse a double bed room...don't let them call it a Queen
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Balann, though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please accept our sincere apologies because you were not able to have the good night's rest that you deserve. Unfortunately when reservations are made through other companies, like Priceline, it reserves a room but not a room type; therefore, when the hotel is full we can only offer the room types that we have available at the moment. We do hope that if you come back to the area that you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Best travel decision! Service is "TIP TOP" Booked hotel to do an overnight, leave car and airport transfers. This property delivered across-the-board. Needing wheelchair assistance, they exceeded my expectations. I felt they really cared about helping me. Room Service was not only prompt...but the Blue Cheese Burger was excellent and cooked to perfection! Bed was very comfortable - enhanced withsoft/smoothe high quality linens. Very clean bathroom as well entire room. Stand-out management & staff incl. Scott Cotton (Mgr.) Paul Romero (Sales) Bob (Valet/shuttle driver) Robert (Room Service...said burger is great and was right) also Maria and Holly from Front Desk ... yes, just one overnight stay was that friendly to remember names. Each one made a positive difference for a pleasant stay! . I will return & return!

Room Tip: If you have a special need (I needed a wheelchair) they will fulfill your needs and requests. They p...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sa11y4th
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much Sa11y4th for sharing your thoughts! It is very rewarding to know that our team exceeded your expectations and made such an impact during your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Hotel itself was just OK. Nothing bad about it. It was clean, the workers were nice and welcoming, it just seemed to be a Hang out spot. I didn't feel like I was on vacation. There were people hanging in the lobby area talking loudly, there were people hanging outside smoking cigarettes. Just not what I expected.

But overall, no complaints about the room. It was clean, and quiet. And, the BED was OH SOOOOO wonderful. We got a great deal on it so , for the price I give it 4 stars. If I had paid full price, I would not be so OK about it. Oh and the LOCATION was great!

Room Tip: Try to get the Higher floors. You wont hear the noise from below if so.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Good Evening Lovelifeandtravel, I am so sorry to hear that part of your experience at out hotel was not up to your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, helps us grow and target problem areas to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. On the other hand, we are pleased to hear that you were able to have a great nights rest and enjoy what the area had to offer. We want every guest to leave extremely satisfied; therefore, we hope you give us another chance if your travels bring you back to this area.