“Terrible with a capital T”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Terrible with a capital T”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the worst I've ever stayed in my life & the only reason I came is because I worked at a holiday inn & I know how we treat our customers & I expected the same. When we checked in to our room it smelled like mildew & it was hot. So we turned on the ac & left for dinner when we came back 3 hours later it was STILL hot so finally I called the front desk & they told me there was no maintenance & all they could do was switch us to a smaller room. I declined & asked for our refund & they told me no. They said the manager Scott told them since we "used" the room we couldn't get a refund & that our only options were to leave or downgrade. Unbelievable. Susanna took it upon herself to argue with me & tell me I was being unreasonable & Jessie said she would call the cops. I've never felt so disrespected & embarrassed in my life. It was an overall terrible experience & we wouldn't stay there again for all the money in the world.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RuthJames20
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear RuthJames20,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We're sorry to hear the overall experience you had during your stay. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is located right off the highway on Belvedere. Everything you could possibly need is within a 2-5 min drive. If you are looking for a hotel within walking distance of restaurant bars nightlife this is NOT the hotel for you. There is an IHOP right next door. The hotel had a restaurant with decent prices and a bar that had a happy hour. When you walk in there is a mini market in which you can buy things you may have forgotten or purchase a different flavor of Kcup. In the room we had , the executive king we had a Keruig machine with 3 kcups to choose from. They were surprisingly complimentary! The bathroom was supplied with an adequate amount of towels and conviently had bath and body works shampoo conditioner and soap! That's a win in my book. The bed was comfy and wasn't dingy. The room could have used some more over head lighting but had 4 lamps in the room. I needed hot water for tea and there was a water machine downstairs by the gym that I was able to get that from. The room had an iron, fridge, microwave and a Keruig. Was really impressed with my stay. I wish the price were a little cheaper but it is west palm beach and right off the interstate. Oh and if you're on a business trip the internet isn't that great so don't rely on the wifi.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jennifer0311
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was here for a four day seminar. Picked up promptly at the airport, great service by the front desk, room and conference rooms clean and bright...no complaints what so ever. Restaurant quality and portions just fine, large portions in fact. The bartender Lisa M would pay close attention to our needs and was extremely nice. Our group loved visiting her every night instead of going out to another establishment. We all had the feeling we were cared for with her. Well done Holiday Inn. No complaints or anything to do differently. I'll surely be back.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank SandraChamplain
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear SandraChamplain,

We are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer and that our entire staff provided you with attentive and friendly service!
Thank you very much for letting us know how we are doing. We look forward to many more visits from you!

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great room great bed great service Cavari is a great hostess at the restaurant in the hotel easy to get to off the interstate front desk very helpful room service quick and friendly will stay here every time I come back for vacation or business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jimtex455
Good Evening Jimtex455,
We are very pleased to know that your stay at the Holiday Inn was one to remember! Great customer service is something we take pride of.
We will make sure Cavari receives the recognition she deserves.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

again i stated at the holiday Inn West Palm Beach Airport, as I do many times a years. I have a sick son in Florida and honestly have to say without the help of my Holiday Inn Family I don't know what I would do. Scott C, Scott B, Lisa always listing and understanding, Shirley house keeping who stop by my room always with a kind word and gentle hug, Richard served my food and always put a smile one my face. Also David, Bob, Herminio, Anthony, Alison, Cavari, Monica. This staff is truly amazing. I been to many hotels and can say with the up most confidence I never met a staff like this. Amazing group of people. Thank you all. I also personally feel kindness and caring is the most important to me more then anything else. ♡♡♡

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Beatrice D
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Beatrice D,
We all really appreciate your kind words. We feel that guests like you make everyone's job worth-while.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I checked into this hotel and asked the night auditor Steven for a nice room, he surpassed my expectations, check in was great and the facility is beautiful, I loved the room, my wife and my daughter loved the beds, the bathroom was clean, absolutely recommended, props to Steve for his great job, check out was little sloppy, the morning agents didn't seem to know much about the hotel, but overall it was fine , a good experience

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony M
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Evening Tony M,
Thank you very much for taking the time to acknowledge our hard working staff! We are so pleased to hear that Steve was able to provide you with the attentive and friendly service that you and your family deserve! Because we appreciate your feedback, we assure you that the morning staff will receive the appropriate verbal counseling to assure that this will not happen again when you come back to visit us in the future.
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The service at the front desk was probably the best part of the stay. I was here for two nights and the girls at the front were professional and cheerful. The lobby is okay and I was even surprised how updated the elevator seemed. Once I got to my room, it smelled a bit odd. The rooms themselves are in need of an update but they did the job. Once again, another hotel with a very loud and annoying AC unit. For the price I got on Priceline, it was worth it.

Room Tip: Obviously try to get a high floor, which was surprisingly easy and free.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Evening Captainmunro, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the room. It is always great to hear from our valued guests how we are doing because it gives us the opportunity to learn from your feedback. I hope you will be happy to know that the management team is working very hard in updating the hotel to provide the best level of service and facilities. On the other hand, we are very pleased to hear that the girls at the front desk were able to turn your negative experience into a positive one! They appreciate your kind words and hope you that you will choose us again in the future!