“OK Stay”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
New York, New York, United States
“OK Stay”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here last month and it was a decent stay. The hotel gets high marks for it's proximity to the airport and free parking. I don't think any other upscale airport hotel in the Southern Florida area has free parking.

Check in was merely ok, although they made no mention of the ongoing construction taking place at the property, and I guess relied on the guest to read a memo about it that was on the counter, but pushed way off to the side. As an HHonors Gold member I had to ask about breakfast, ask for different room after the one originally assigned was right next to the elevator, and ask other questions, as no information in general was proffered by the front desk agent, nor the front desk manager who came to assist him.

The room was what you'd expect from other Hiltons, but the Oreo cookies in the room next to the water was definitely a nice touch. Construction started early in the morning and there's a lot of scaffolding and workers about, but it's bearable if only here for a night.

While my stay wasn't memorable, I had a good email exchange with the hotel manager after my stay and he helped convince me to give the hotel another try. I most likely will later this month when in West Palm Beach again, but there's some work to do before I consider this my 'go to' hotel for all future West Palm Beach stays.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for giving us another opportunity and we appreciate your feedback... Our renovation will be complete very soon and we look forward to having you stay with us again...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I've stayed here several times and once again this hotel is a good place to stay. The pool and tiki bar are outstanding places to hang out in. The business center was adequate with working printer and paper. And room service was really good, especially the cobb salad. This place is not cheap - its a 100 dollars a night roughly, but it is a very nice hotel.

Some cons --
-- elevators broken two out of 5 days we were there for some brief periods. An elevator breaking down is understandable. Breaking down twice - not so understandable
-- mattress was a little soft. Normally this place rocks with the in room amenities to include a terrific nights sleep. But this time, the mattress felt a bit worn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Chris for your feedback and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the elevator as I know that can be frustrating. The elevators have been repaired and are in good working order. Hope to see you back with us soon...
The villages, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Banquet Room was excellent and the buffet served was very good for the approximately 85 class members that attended. There was plenty of room to move around to visit with class members. There was a good variety of food to chose from for ones taste.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you Karl for the great review and I love hear you had such a fantastic time... please come back and see us again...
Andros Island, Bahamas
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I love the Airport Hilton in West Palm Beach, Florida. You feel like you are staying at a resort. The pool area and grounds are beautiful. It's a great bird watching spot, with Ospreys, egrets, ducks. Cloud Lake provides beautiful landscapes and home for turtles, fish and alligators. I love to stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much Elizabeth Ann, your review is much appreciated and thank you for taking the time let us know your experience. We are defiitely not your typical "Airport" hotel... Safe travels and hope to see you back here soon...
Westlake Village, CA, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Every time we've stayed at the Palm Beach Airport Hilton has been a special time to relax and enjoy ourselves before flying back to California to rejoin the daily grind. We especially enjoy sitting by the pool for drinks and a light meal before turning in for the night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you Gregg for your review and we hope to see back by the pool soon...
Leysin, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel as stopover of a long 29 hour voyage back to Switzerland. As soon as I got in the hotel minibus and was offered a bottle of cold water I knew it would be my oasis. I arrived, pretty beat, and the check in staff was excellent. Friendly, helpful and very efficient. I was too exhausted to go out and eat so I ordered room service. Much to my surprise, the food arrived quickly and, what's more, it was excellent. There was a Lavazza machine in the room for my morning coffee (at 03h30) and when I went down to the lobby at just before 4 in the morning there was fresh coffee waiting for me and the van driver ready when I was. I couldn't have asked for more in a hotel stay. Oh yeah, the room was just great!!

Room Tip: Remember to keep the hotel phone number with you when you arrive at the airport in order to call the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for the great review of your experience... come back soon!
hudson, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had a last minute cancelation for our flight out of West Palm Beach, and having stayed at this hotel a few times before and have loving it really was a no thought process as to where we stay as long as they had an opening. I called and they had us booked in no time flat and sent a shuttle to us at no cost that was extremely helpful for we had already turned in our rental car. As always this hotel has meant every expectation we had for it. Thanks to all staff members for making a dreary day into a great and sunny day!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you Michelle for your review and I am so happy we were able to make your day! Hope to see you back soon...