“Airport Hilton”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Telford
“Airport Hilton”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel was very nice but under some renovation. We had to wait a couple of hours to get into our room and then it smelled of new carpeting glue. The hote l people tried very hard to accommmodate us and we appreciated that. The barkeep gave me a free drink on my birthday! The outside area near the pool and jacuzzi was very nice and the tiki bar was inviting. We met some really nice people there. We felt very welcome throughout our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you, Mary for your feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and my apologies for any check in delays during our nearly complete renovation. Please, come back and see us soon...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Kensington, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Probably one of those days that the staff and customers would sooner forget. A mid afternoon check in, turned into a 3 hour wait for a room, due to laundry challenges. Coupled this with a disappointing dinner and a noisy ducting in the heating/cooling system for my particular room, made for a very disappointing stay. Have had much better stays at this airport location at PBI and sure hope that future stays will meet my expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you for your much appreciated feedback. My apologies for the wait you incurred during your check in experience. If at all possible, please email me at PBIAH-SALESADM@HILTON.COM and let me know which room you encountered the noisy heating /cooling system so I can alert engineering to correct the issue. We hope you will come back soon and I know your experience will be much improved...
Micanopy, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Thanks for taking care of us this weekend. We had a fun time. This was an annual District Rose Convention with folks from GA, AL and FL attending. We enjoyed the friendliness of the hotel staff. Having the breakfast as part of the room charge was really a plus for us. Having the buffet for breakfast was great since most of us needed to eat and get on with activities. Thanks for helping our visit to the area really nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your response as it is much appreciated... it was our pleasure to have you with us. I am so happy you had a wonderful time and we hope to see you back soon...
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Nice Hotel - Great amenities, outstanding pool area - plenty of space to relax and unwind - was here on business - staff about tripped over themselves with their hospitality - strongly recommend to anyone visiting the Palm Beach area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you, Scott for your review! I am happy you had a successful stay and we hope to see you back in the near future... have a fantastic day...
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times in the past for work. I never really had a problem other than the food not being that great. I checked in around 10pm. When I got to my room (across from the elevator and the non working ice machine), I tried to use the remote control to turn in the tv. It didn't seem to work so I do what I always do. Take the batteries out and switch them around. Still nothing happened. I calked down to the front desk 7 times before someone answered. I'm explained that I need another remote or batteries. He apologizes and says that they don't have any other electronics down there.

I'm so happy for him that I had a short night because I would go down there and gave them find me some batteries.

I'm at a "Hilton" not a not tell motel mom and pop joint or maybe I am.

Very disappointed!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for your post as we certainly appreciate any and all feedback. My apologies for the tv remote experience as I am sure that was dissapointing. I have alerted engineering and front desk to make sure they have extra batteries to safeguard against something like this happening again in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back for a much better experience...
Tallahassee
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Staff does not pay attention to guests requests regarding room type, even though it is listed in your profile, and you personally speak to them at the desk, while checking in. Employee also requested free discount card for purchases when he found out the name of the company whom I work for. Employee was very unprofessional, and persisted until I gave him a discount card.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it is much appreciated. We do our best to accommodate room type requests and due to stay patterns and availability, we are not always able to satisfy. It is our goal to create the most satisfactory experience for our guests and it seems we fell short. We have a training opportunity in regards to listening as this is very important to all of our guests. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to making your next visit much more enjoyable... hope to see you back soon
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband travels to southern Florida quite frequently and I accompany him on occasion. Due to the proximity of his office, we used to stay at this hotel - but not any longer. Although it is very convenient, the new management team at this hotel is anything but hospitable. As I waited for my husband's meeting to end, I had time to kill in the lobby with a Starbuck's coffee from the gift shop. The new general manager prowled the lobby with a permanent scowl on his face, almost as if looking for something to set him off. (Sort of reminded me of the matronly housemothers from my boarding school days.) Although we have stayed at this property multiple times in the past couple of months, he couldn't take five seconds out his incessant pacing in the lobby to acknowledge my presence - as a paying guest of his hotel! What happened to the once smiling faces of this hotel? It feels like a morgue now and it is quite obvious where the undercurrent stems from.

The hotel is currently under renovation so be warned. There is a lot of traffic and noise that we were not made aware of. There seems to be a new staff at the front desk as our check-in took an extremely long time despite our affiliation with the Hilton rewards program. Food is decent for an airport property. Bellboys are extremely friendly and will take you to the local attractions for free.

Until the hotel refocuses on service and hospitality, we will be staying elsewhere when we return to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
We would certainly love to have you and your husband return to our hotel. I can assure you what you experienced is not the norm and we encourage all staff to project upbeat and positive attitudes. Our renovation will be complete soon and thank you for your patience during this time to enhance our hotel. We hope to see you back soon when you return to south Florida and Thank you for taking the time to post your review.