“Not impressed”

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I'm currently staying here and will choose a different place on my next business trip. When I arrived, I was told there were no more king rooms when I booked the trip over 6 weeks ago. Magically, they found me a room upon me saying I didnt want 2 double beds. After returning from a meeting, there are still dirty glasses in my room and a long black (mine is blonde) hair in my clean bathtub. The lobby is nice but I can hear people walking above me and the room overall is kinda gross.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for you much appreciated feedback. My apologies for your experience during your stay. If you could please let me know which room you were in, it will help us correct this issue. I will discuss your experience with our engineering and housekeeping departments. Please, email the room number to me at PBIAH-SALESADM@HILTON.COM. We hope see you back soon...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I only picked this hotel because my flight was arriving late and I was told that the airport shuttle would get me to the hotel in a "few minutes." When I did not see the hotel shuttle at 10:10 pm I was told it would be there in a few minutes. At 10:25 when the shuttle did not show up I called again and was told it would be there in two minutes. By 10:40 the baggage claim area was empty and I was the only passenger left at the airport. I called the hotel again and the front desk clerk radioed the shuttle driver and she said he said he was two minutes away. I asked if this was the same two minutes away as when I called at 10:10 and 10:25. She apologized and said she did not know what wax going on. By 11 pm the shuttle had not arrived and I was getting nervous standing outside of an empty airport. I called the hotel and was told the shuttle should be there any minute. I asked for the manager and was told that he had left for the evening. I asked if he could be called, and was told he could not be called. I wondered what the point was of having a manager if he could not be bothered. Eventually the shuttle came and I made it to the hotel about an hour after I called - tired, frustrated and angry. Ironically the hotel was only two minutes from the airport. The hotel seemed empty and the staff did not seem to care about my situation. I am a HH Diamond member and will never stay at this hotel again. I have e-mailed our corporate travel agent to have this hotel removed from our list of hotels in the Palm Beach area. I strongly warn you not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you jb for posting your feedback. I will discuss your experience with our front desk and bell staff. My apologies for your wait and frustration regarding the shuttle. Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to bring you back to our hotel? I hope that you will give us an opportunity to make up for your experience...
Telford
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel was very nice but under some renovation. We had to wait a couple of hours to get into our room and then it smelled of new carpeting glue. The hote l people tried very hard to accommmodate us and we appreciated that. The barkeep gave me a free drink on my birthday! The outside area near the pool and jacuzzi was very nice and the tiki bar was inviting. We met some really nice people there. We felt very welcome throughout our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you, Mary for your feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and my apologies for any check in delays during our nearly complete renovation. Please, come back and see us soon...
Kensington, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Probably one of those days that the staff and customers would sooner forget. A mid afternoon check in, turned into a 3 hour wait for a room, due to laundry challenges. Coupled this with a disappointing dinner and a noisy ducting in the heating/cooling system for my particular room, made for a very disappointing stay. Have had much better stays at this airport location at PBI and sure hope that future stays will meet my expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you for your much appreciated feedback. My apologies for the wait you incurred during your check in experience. If at all possible, please email me at PBIAH-SALESADM@HILTON.COM and let me know which room you encountered the noisy heating /cooling system so I can alert engineering to correct the issue. We hope you will come back soon and I know your experience will be much improved...
Micanopy, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Thanks for taking care of us this weekend. We had a fun time. This was an annual District Rose Convention with folks from GA, AL and FL attending. We enjoyed the friendliness of the hotel staff. Having the breakfast as part of the room charge was really a plus for us. Having the buffet for breakfast was great since most of us needed to eat and get on with activities. Thanks for helping our visit to the area really nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your response as it is much appreciated... it was our pleasure to have you with us. I am so happy you had a wonderful time and we hope to see you back soon...
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Nice Hotel - Great amenities, outstanding pool area - plenty of space to relax and unwind - was here on business - staff about tripped over themselves with their hospitality - strongly recommend to anyone visiting the Palm Beach area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you, Scott for your review! I am happy you had a successful stay and we hope to see you back in the near future... have a fantastic day...
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times in the past for work. I never really had a problem other than the food not being that great. I checked in around 10pm. When I got to my room (across from the elevator and the non working ice machine), I tried to use the remote control to turn in the tv. It didn't seem to work so I do what I always do. Take the batteries out and switch them around. Still nothing happened. I calked down to the front desk 7 times before someone answered. I'm explained that I need another remote or batteries. He apologizes and says that they don't have any other electronics down there.

I'm so happy for him that I had a short night because I would go down there and gave them find me some batteries.

I'm at a "Hilton" not a not tell motel mom and pop joint or maybe I am.

Very disappointed!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for your post as we certainly appreciate any and all feedback. My apologies for the tv remote experience as I am sure that was dissapointing. I have alerted engineering and front desk to make sure they have extra batteries to safeguard against something like this happening again in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back for a much better experience...