“Poor shuttle service”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Philadelphia, PA
“Poor shuttle service”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

As another reviewer indicated, the shuttle service is horrible. Waited at the airport for 45 minutes. Called the hotel two times and both times was told that the shuttle was "on the way". Watched the other airport hotel shuttles come by two to three times while I waited! I would have happily paid for a taxi if I was told up front about the wait! Similar experience with the "free shuttle" to City Walk. The hotel advertises a free shuttle to the City Walk area but it departs every two hours and that wasn't even guaranteed. Needless to say, we took a taxi. No luck taking the shuttle back to the hotel either...frustrating experience! I do have to say that the room was fine. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, and it was convenient for renting a car through Advantage which is housed in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your much appreciated feedback.. I have discussed your experience withour bell captain to ensure this does not happen in the future. I am glad the other portions of your stay were satisfactory and we hope to see you back soon...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Petropolis, Brazil
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Everything was very good. The fitness room should be better with more equipments. Certainly I'd be back again. People were friendly in all parts of the hotel. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to be in a very good hotel near the airport area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We are entertaining the expansion of our fitness center. Hope to see you back soon...
Winston, GA
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I recently had a 2 night stay at this hotel. I normally feel Hilton is a good choice for accommodations, but a few problems arose during my visit. The location is great and the poolside view from room #2 (I had to be moved to another room after a toilet incident) was spectacular, but no hair dryer in the initial room (which unfortunately I realized after I had showered and washed my hair and they couldn't get one to me before my convention event that evening) and an overflowing toilet one morning caused some alarm. The important thing is the manager did everything he could to remedy the inconvenience. I think the main problem is the hotel is old and needs renovating with new pipes, etc. Others at our convention also experienced some toilet problems and other issues. I thought folks should know my experience before making their decision.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback and my apologies you experienced difficulties with the bathroom and hairdryer. Our engineering department has been alerted as well as our houskeeping department. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future...
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Highly recommended hotel in the West Palm Beach area. Close to the airport and Market Place. Clean rooms. Good breakfast. Ample Parking. Nice view (poolside). Could be improved by upgrading the bathrooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting your great stay experience! We hope to see you back soon...
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel remembers how to treat business travelers. I was greeted at the front desk with a well organized reservation. The room was spacious with a high quality bed. I had fun with the contrasts of sitting outside late on an October evening poolside while watching the night's hockey highlights. I took advantage of being able to sleep in a few minutes in the morning because the hotel offers the easy-to-order breakfast room service, with a designated menu and delivery time. After a deep sleep in the comfortable room my breakfast was delivered on time with a smile. I grabbed my bag and was at the front door on time to meet my business associates. All of this for a very reasonable (off-season, I think) price! Though close to the West Palm airport there was no problem with airplane noise. I would definitely use this hotel for local business again.

Room Tip: Just to be sure, ask to face away from the airport, but it didn't bother me.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am so glad you had such a great stay! I hope you will be back soon... safe travels...
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I'm currently staying here and will choose a different place on my next business trip. When I arrived, I was told there were no more king rooms when I booked the trip over 6 weeks ago. Magically, they found me a room upon me saying I didnt want 2 double beds. After returning from a meeting, there are still dirty glasses in my room and a long black (mine is blonde) hair in my clean bathtub. The lobby is nice but I can hear people walking above me and the room overall is kinda gross.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for you much appreciated feedback. My apologies for your experience during your stay. If you could please let me know which room you were in, it will help us correct this issue. I will discuss your experience with our engineering and housekeeping departments. Please, email the room number to me at PBIAH-SALESADM@HILTON.COM. We hope see you back soon...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I only picked this hotel because my flight was arriving late and I was told that the airport shuttle would get me to the hotel in a "few minutes." When I did not see the hotel shuttle at 10:10 pm I was told it would be there in a few minutes. At 10:25 when the shuttle did not show up I called again and was told it would be there in two minutes. By 10:40 the baggage claim area was empty and I was the only passenger left at the airport. I called the hotel again and the front desk clerk radioed the shuttle driver and she said he said he was two minutes away. I asked if this was the same two minutes away as when I called at 10:10 and 10:25. She apologized and said she did not know what wax going on. By 11 pm the shuttle had not arrived and I was getting nervous standing outside of an empty airport. I called the hotel and was told the shuttle should be there any minute. I asked for the manager and was told that he had left for the evening. I asked if he could be called, and was told he could not be called. I wondered what the point was of having a manager if he could not be bothered. Eventually the shuttle came and I made it to the hotel about an hour after I called - tired, frustrated and angry. Ironically the hotel was only two minutes from the airport. The hotel seemed empty and the staff did not seem to care about my situation. I am a HH Diamond member and will never stay at this hotel again. I have e-mailed our corporate travel agent to have this hotel removed from our list of hotels in the Palm Beach area. I strongly warn you not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MattKaniff, Director of Sales at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you jb for posting your feedback. I will discuss your experience with our front desk and bell staff. My apologies for your wait and frustration regarding the shuttle. Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to bring you back to our hotel? I hope that you will give us an opportunity to make up for your experience...