“Very good hotel”

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Des Moines, Iowa
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My cousin & I were here for four nights last week & were very pleased. The hotel was very clean & the staff was very friendly & helpful. We went to the bar inside the hotel a couple times during our stay & the prices are very reasonable much like a regular restaurant. Not overinflated. Our room was great too. Modern & clean. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 May 2012

It started off horrible...over a 45 min wait for a shuttle that never showed :( but then Guilda not only apologized, but upgraded my room and included breakfast. I really felt that not only did she mean the apology, but she valued me as a guest. Because of her I stayed the rest of the week, even when my employer wanted me to move closer to our WPB offices.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side were very quite during the Sun-Thurs evenings.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were surprised to find a Doubletree for such a low rate, but found that it did not meet our expectations based on other Doubletree locations. The hotel is older and they have tried to make the best of the fixtures & fittings, but it is a little tired. We had a problem with A/C not working in our room which became unbearably hot, and we were next to the fire exit door which people were slamming into the early hours. Jessica (on the night staff) was very helpful and understanding, allowing us to swap rooms at 4AM and gave us free breakfast coupons. We did not receive any follow-up from a manager about the problems we encountered. We did have a room overlooking the front, so we didn't have a problem with traffic noise - just the noisy A/C under the window. The main positive is definitely the location, drivable to beaches and Cityplace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the Highway
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AmeriCaz
00jayp00, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear AmeriCaz,

Please allow me to apologize for these unacceptable inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. You are absolutely correct, my staff did not perform to the level I expect of them when this room was inspected. I can assure you that I will be reviewing our inspection standards with the apropriate staff immediately. We will also be replacing that unit later today. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so we can correct/address them immediately so we do not inconvenience future guests. This is not a regular occurrence at our hotel however, as General Manager I take full responsibility for the actions of my staff and for these issues I sincerely apologize. I would also like to thank you for the kind words where deserved! Jessica is a great asset to our hotel and a valued employee. She will be helping me train new employees to get them quickly up to speed wiht the level our service and professionalism our guests deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments, or additional feedback. I would love to hear it.

Jason Peoples
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Nice hotel! Breakfast was included in my rate, and having eggs cooked to order-mmmm!
The captive swans are really unique.

Would stay there agaain, no question

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I try to stay at Hilton properties exclusively and this may be the worst I've been to. Because of my Hilton Honors level my room was upgraded. The room was very large but the toilet was very dirty, the light on the ceiling was about to fall off, one of the 2 lights above the sink was burned out and the 2nd bathroom (Yes, the room had 2 bathrooms) had a broken handle and wouldn't flush. The rest of the property was average, at best. Bar was serviceable and dinner was OK.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank bbenton
00jayp00, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear BBenton,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this unacceptable experience. I have looked into this to find out how this could have possibly happened. I checked the maintenance log for the date these issues were reported during your stay and found out that this room was put out of service by maintenance for PM (preventative maintenance) work to be done the following day but it seems the wrong dates were put in the system and the room showed as vacant and ready to sell. I assure you this was an error and an isolated occurrence. The condition of this room would never pass inspection to go into inventory to be sold, but as a result of a data entry error made by one of our staff members, was shown in inventory for that day. I can’t apologize enough for this terrible inconvenience and want you to know that I take full responsibility for the actions of my staff. Rest assured that from now on, all out of order rooms will be put in the system by a member of our management team to avoid this ever happening again. I would also like to thank you for your feedback so I could address the issue immediately.

Thanks again,
-Jason
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

This is a nice place for business travel - clean, safe, convenient to airport and downtown. There are not a lot of amenities but it's fine for a few days of a business trip. Nice staff and no complaints during my stay other than a very noisy air conditioning unit. I was told they were being replaced soon.

Stayed March 2012
sydney
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was my first experience of staying at a Doubletree so perhaps I had unrealistic expectations - however the standard of this hotel is way below even the most basic Hilton property. For over $200 night I expected more than a tired 2 star motel on the freeway with almost no amenities. The hotel is between an office park on one side and a freeway on the other and at night is spooky with nowhere to go or sit. The interior is depressing with gloomy hallways a drab and an open lobby area with poor lighting that felt unclean and unsafe. To be fair the room itself while basic was comfortable enough and clean but once agin furnishings felt drab and old. Cabs are nowhere to be seen and I had to wait a very long tome until one was called. Staff were friendly enough but to be fair had no facilities to offer and were quite aggressive in insisting I fill out a survey and award a score of 10.I left as soon as I could and for only $20 more stayed at the oceanfront Hilton Singer Resort 20 minutes away which was more like the Hiltons I have been accustomed to. I can understand that a business person would stay at this hotel overnight but I am amazed that anybody would chose to stay at this hotel for a longer Florida beach holiday.

Room Tip: Stay away from highway facing rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank umgeni
00jayp00, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Umgeni,

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Your expectations were definitely not unrealistic, a clean, safe, comfortable Hotel is what you should expect from the DoubleTree brand. I only wish the beach was closer than 3.5 miles and we had more amenities to offer you in addition to our pool and hot tub, fitness center and restaurant/lounge. It is for this reason that we do provide complimentary shuttle service to City Place, a massive outdoor area packed with shopping, restaurants, entertainment and nightlife. It doesn’t seem you were notified about this as I am sure you would have enjoyed it. From your comments, it sounds like the Front Desk staff was too busy trying to solicit positive survey scores instead of finding out the guest’s needs and accommodating them which would make solicitation unnecessary altogether and for that I apologize. I can assure you I will be speaking to them immediately. We do take our guests comments seriously and will keep your suggestions in mind when we plan our next upgrade projects. We greatly appreciate it. I am glad to hear that while you did not enjoy the décor of the rooms, you did find them clean and comfortable. Thanks again.