“Nice hotel near the Airport”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel near the Airport”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of the high reviews and decent prices. The outside looks pretty nice and the lobby is nice as well. When I checked in, we received two cookies and since I'm a HHonors member, we got the top floor, which I liked since the other hotel rewards programs didn't have anything like that. The hallways on the top floor were nice when compared to the first floor. When I walked in by the side entrance, they first floor hallway looks cheap. I didn't really like the wall color and carpeting in our room but that is personal tastes. A few minutes after check-in, the person who checked us in called the room to make sure everything was okay. I found the bathroom to be small compared to the Courtyard Marriott where we stayed a the previous night. I was disappointed that the fitness center didn't have an exercise bike, they have two treadmills and an elliptical, as well as a bench with free-weights. Other than that, the stay was excellent. The hotel is near the airport and if you listen closely, you can hear the planes takeoff. However, when we were sleeping, we didn't hear a thing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear James C,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! You brought up some good points and I will be sure to keep these in mind when planning our next renovation. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton West Palm Beach and we hope to see you again soon!

Jason Peoples

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
west palm beach, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The rooms were clean and the pool water was perfect. The only issue we experienced was our room towels on our second night were not delivered to the room until the evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Dan H
Dear Dan H,

Thank you for the kind words! I am sorry to hear that there was a delay in getting your towels the second night with us. I will review your comments with the housekeeping department and front desk to see where the disconnect was. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and I am glad the rest of your stay was enjoyed.

Fort Myers, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Always ask for an odd numbered room. Noise level was very high even in the upper floors. Food quality for buffet breakfast was not up to par, eggs were cold and hard. Coffee service was great and staff was very well trained and quite nice. I will not stay in this hotel again. The bathroom floor was not clean.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Jane G
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Jane G,

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can improve our services. I am terribly sorry to hear you experienced this noise disturbance. I will remind the staff to grant any requests for room moves due to noise complaints. I would also like to apologize for the lack of attention to the buffet that morning. I have met with my food and beverage team to identify who was scheduled and we have taken appropriate actions to ensure this does not continue. We appreciate the kind words mentioned about the service by the staff and I will be sure to let them know that even though you experienced some issues, the level of service stuck out in your mind when posting this review. We hope you would give us a chance to redeem ourselves should you return to West Palm Beach in the future but respect your decision regardless of where you choose to stay. If you do return, please contact me directly so I can make sure your experience is a memorable one.

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 December 2013

On our way to Key West, we found this hotel online and without being able to do any research on it, we booked it. I was nervous as to what we were getting into, but the hotel was great! The rooms were comfy, decent size, and they offered great amenities. The only complaint we had was the breakfast, it was awful. They had one server for the entire room! He worked his butt off. It was a buffet, but still, one more person would have helped. The breakfast was not great at all. The grits had been sitting for so long they had become one giant piece. I had to go tell the server who told the cook who seemed perturbed to be bothered. Other than that, everything was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank alreagan
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear alreagan,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We greatly appreciate the feedback. I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy breakfast, I will meet with my Food and Beverage manager today and check the schedule to see who was working and why we were short staffed. I will make sure our employees get the additional training needed to enhance our food and service levels. We apologize for any inconvenience and if you are ever back in WPB let us know so we can make it up to you.

Happy Holidays!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I personally endorse this hotel as the place to stay in West Palm Beach. The staff goes far beyond the call of duty to make certain your stay is as perfect as possible. From the front desk folks to the lounge employees; just a group of class act people who know how to treat the public!This hotel is clean and well kept up with the times. The pool area is large with the fitness gym located nearby.Shuttle service to the airport as well as Downtown makes transportation very handy! The General Manager has laid down a foundation that is totaly committed to customer satisfaction, and the staff echo this to the fullest extent. Great hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad B
Dear Brad B,

Thank you for the wonderful review and personal endorsement! It gives us all great pride when our efforts are recognized by our guests! We greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to post this review and for that a sincere Thank You from all of us at the DoubleTree West Palm Beach!

Happy Holidays!
Coral Springs, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My wife and I planned to stay at the Double Tree so that we could see our daughter run in a half marathon the next day. When I checked in I was surprised to learn that the hotel was upgrading us to an Executive Suite. It was a real nice surprise and the room was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank John S
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear John S,

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the free upgrade and hope to see you again soon!