DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Malone, New York
“Great!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I love their cookies! Stay there for no other reason than those delicious cookies. Our junior suite was comfortable, clean, modern, and ideally situated. The staff was very helpful and professional, and while a complimentary breakfast would have been nice, the restaurant offered reasonable prices and good value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear David D,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate the kind words and enjoy reading our guests feedback at our staff meetings! Coming from a Senior Reviewer such as yourself, the comments are even sweeter! Thanks again!

Jason Peoples

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Loxahatchee, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a frequesnt traveler I havent yet experienced a worse hotel. Lobby and halls dirty, dark, and smell of mold. When I entred my room there was a very dirty towel on the coffee table "looked like poop" and the smoke detector beeped every fe seconds, not to mention the odor wait I did already. It was bad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Robert S
Dear Robert S,

Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 561-689-6888. I was appalled when I read this review and would like to get some more information from you so I can find out how you were checked into a room that it seems was being worked on by our maintenance team. I know they are working on touching up the wood stain in the rooms which would explain the brown on the towel and the odor. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and would like to make it up to you. I look forward to your call.

Boston
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree for our last three nights before heading home and we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. We chose it because it seemed the "farthest" Hilton brand away from the airport (farther than the Embassy Suites, Hilton, Hampton Inn..."

The staff was pleasant and courteous and all went out of their way to greet us.

What pleasantly surprised us was its proximity to City Place, which allowed us to walk (probably around a mile) there and enjoy what it had to offer. It was also quite close to Palm Beach, where we started our day.

The rooms were more than adequate, and our question about the noisy air conditioner was addressed almost immediately. It has a free shuttle to the airport.

I would highly recommend the Doubletree for your stay if you want to be close to both PBI and downtown.

Room Tip: Corner room higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AttyAJK
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear AttyAJK,

Thank you for the 4 star review! We wish it were 5 stars but we promise to do better next time and earn that 5th star! I am glad you found our hotel to be such a great value! Our quiet rooms and friendly staff are what make us stand out from other hotels in the area. Thank you so much for noticing and I will be sure to thank the staff as well! Sorry about the initial AC issue, glad we were able to fix it so quickly for you.

Arlington, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Enjoyed the hotel. Especially liked the fact that the room was large and completely quiet. Very friendly staff, easy parking and very on-site restaurant also were pluses. The room rate--just $80--was a bargaain for what I received.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jerome M G,

Thank you for the amazing 5 star review! I am glad you found our hotel to be such a great value! Our quite rooms and friendly staff are what make us stand out from other hotels in the area, thank you so much for noticing and I will be sure to thank the staff as well!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went for vacationon july 5-7 with the family to be calmed and another guest said they lost their money order on the same room we rented and that guest made our vacation very uncommfortable knocking on our door and even calling the police . I am jose gomez

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Gomez,

I am glad we were able to meet in the restaurant before you left so I could personally apologize for the actions of the other guest. Thank you for being so understanding and allowing us to make it right prior to your departure. The actions of this guests were inappropriate and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Montreal
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked a 6 night stay at this hotel in June.
When we arrived and checked in, we called the front desk to ask for more hangers and towels.
we were told that we would have them shortly.
we left the hotel and returned around 8pm. No towels or hangers. I had to call twice more before the items were sent up.
Around 2am I was woken up by a noise through the walls. It sounded like a motor sucking air. I spent the rest of the night trying to get back to sleep. The last thing I wanted at 2 in the morning was to change rooms, especially since it took so long for the hotel to send the items I asked for.
By 5am I decided that this was not the hotel I wanted to spend 5 more nights at. I asked the front desk person to come up to the room to hear the noise. They said that they could not.
I then told the front desk that we were checking out and that I wanted an adjustment on the bill. The front desk told me that there was no manager on duty, so they could not make an adjustment.
I left the hotel and asked that the manager contact me when he arrived. It took two days for the manager to contact me and then he started questioning me on the type of noise, how loud, how long, etc. When I told him that I asked his front desk personnel to come up to the room to hear it, he said that he would have his engineer check it. He got back to me a day later and told me that his engineer did not hear anything, inferring that there was no noise.
I told him that this was not a game and that if he did not give me an adjustment on the bill, I would dispute the bill with Visa. He finally condescended to an adjustment. However it has been almost 3 weeks and the adjustment has not shown up.
Incidentally, when we checked out of the Doubletree, I rebooked at the Hilton Suites in Boca Raton, where the service was what one would expect from a Hilton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Stuart E,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. I hope you were offered a new room when you reported hearing the noise? Our goal is to get our guests a good night’s sleep and we are happy to switch a room whenever possible. I apologize for the front desk agent being unable to come to the room during the night but when there is only one person on staff they are unable to leave the desk. There is no reason they couldn’t send the security guard up and I will question the employees who worked that night to ensure this policy is followed in the future. I wish they had as I have literally no idea what would make that type of sound other than a guest in a close by room using a hairdryer or something. I am glad to see that an appropriate compensation was agreed to and I show that the credit discussed was issued on June 24th. If you still do not see it on your end please contact your bank. Sorry for the delayed response and please accept my apologies for these inconveniences.

Tampa
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The atmosphere was peaceful and the room was very clean. The room was fresh and the bedding was comfortable. The only complaint was the time service returned to re-clean the rooms. My family and I went out early during the day and when we returned at 2:30p service hadn't made it to our rooms. However we requested fresh towels and went out again. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The front desk person was nice and efficient. It was easy to check in and out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Tammy B
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Tammy B,

Thank you so much for all the feedback and taking the time to post this great review! It literally makes our day when we hear how much our guests enjoy the clean, comfortable and “peaceful” atmosphere at our hotel. This is what we are here for! I only wish we could have got to your room sooner so you did not return to an unmade room. Please accept our apologies for this and I will be sure to make it right for your next stay!