DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 1 August 2014

hotel staff very friendly and professional,made checkin easy and offerred all information needed about local area.Will return to this hotel and will recommend to others.location near everything shops ,restaurants and more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear 472luiso,

Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to respond to our survey! We greatly appreciate it!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel! We have one more day left and we have truly enjoyed ourselves! Shuttle is convenient and driver is friendly. I've seen a few reviews of people complaining about the highway noise...those people must have super sonic hearing because we were right next to it and couldn't hear a thing. The reason I am not giving a five is...1, the pool has waaayyyy too much chlorine in it, which actually made my husband feel ill at one point. And 2, Rose at the front desk is extremely rude we have had to ask her several questions throughout our stay and each time we get a response with a serious attitude as if we should know the answer already (hello, we aren't from here so we don't know all there is to know about this hotel). However Evelyn is a sweetheart, our first day she got us a complimentary breakfast because of our hard time getting to the hotel from FLL, she tried to get us a room upgrade and everytime we saw her she greeted us as if we were old friends she is truly an asset to this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen H

Dear Jen H,

Thank you so much for this great feedback! I am terribly sorry about the issues you had with our pool and one of our Guest Service Reps during your stay. I assure you I have personally handled them both. I am so glad to hear that you were able to experience our true customer service skills, represented by Evelyn our Front desk supervisor. All of us here at the DoubleTree would like to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The location of the hotel is great. You're a few minutes away from downtown, the beach and the airport. The staff was very attentive and my room was always clean. I had breakfast there a couple of times and they have several options to choose. The gym was clean and the pool was too. I was there for a month and honestly it felt pretty nice to be there. Amber who works the front desk was always nice and polite to me. I had to go often to fix my room key which I always locked. The only two things I could possibly complain about is the soup quality in the restaurant and that my room was a little too dark. I was staying in a Jr. Suite I think and the entrance of my room was always dark. Other than that DT did a good job and I'm glad I ended up staying there on my trip!

1  Thank Daniela R

Dear Carol P,

Thank you for these comments and feedback, I am glad you felt at home while staying with us for such a long time! I will remind Amber how well she is doing and thank her for taking such good care of you. We are planning a renovation this month so I will keep your suggestions in mind regarding the lighting in the junior suites. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

From the moment we walked into the lobby, the staff was excellent. The room was nice, beds and pillows are comfortable, it had free wifi and more importantly, was very clean. Really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the wait staff was friendly. Checked out at noon but explained that our flight wasn't until 6:30pm. The woman behind the counter suggested leaving our bags and taking the shuttle to City Place to do some shopping. Returned from shopping after a couple of hours and spoke to Eric who then re-issued us room cards so we could enjoy the rest of the day relaxing by the pool before taking the complimentary shuttle to the airport. Had a wonderful time and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol P

Dear Carol P,

Thank you for the wonderful review! It sounds like our staff really made sure you enjoyed every last minute of your stay with us! So happy to hear were able to enjoy our pool, restaurant and shuttle service! Come back anytime!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Kudos to the staff at Doubletree. Earl was so friendly and helpful, he is a top notch representative of this organization. My room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. I really enjoyed my short stay there; I'll definitely go back. What I loved the most about this place is how close it is to the City Place and the hospitality of the staff. Definitely worth the money and really convenient to the location of my meetings.

2  Thank 407Mike_L606
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear 407Mike_L606,

Thank you for the kind words and great review! It is great to see employees getting the recognition they deserve and I will be sure to thank Earl personally for the job well done! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

As a Hilton HHonors member, we usually stay at Hilton properties and when in the WPB area usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns or Embassy Suites but they were both already booked this weekend. We decided to stay at the double tree as we had heard it was recently renovated. Aesthetically the building looked nice. Our room was average. My only quirk was that the bed was WAY too soft. My biggest complaint was that we stayed for 2 nights and never had housekeeping come to the room. We had to call down on our third day to get fresh towels and coffee. The other negative that happened was that we called down for a taxi and were greeted with a very nice town car. When we asked how much the ride would be, the driver told us to not worry about it and we would figure it out. When we arrived at our destination (7 miles away) he asked us for $60. I haven't seen too many "taxi" rides for $60 and this is who the front desk called to pick us up. I'm not sure how this is servicing your guests. Like my title says, you get what you pay for, but given that we visit the area every few months or so we will definitely not be going back to the DoubleTree.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie V

Dear Debbie V,

Thank you for the loyalty and the feedback, there are some issues here that I need to address immediately and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. First, I will look into why your room was not serviced, we keep logs of who was assigned every room and who serviced them. Unless there is a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, every room should be serviced every day. I apologize for the error. Also, the staff is instructed to call a taxi service unless the guest specifically requests a car or limo service and I will find out why this was not the case for your simple request. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further is you wish, I can be reached at 561-689-6888. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I travel a lot for business and I have never been compelled to write a review.
If you meet Amber and Robert at the DT in WPB, you will find they are both stand outs and worthy of recognition. They are both incredibly pleasant, engaging and eager to accommodate.

Thank you for all of your attention to my stay. You both made my meetings there exceptional with your ideas and suggestions, with no concern beyond meeting my needs. This is true hospitality.

Stayed 7-21 thru 7-22-14. Will be back.

GW

1  Thank glwilliams58

Dear glwilliams58,

Wow! What a phenomenal 5 star review! I will be sure to thank them both personally for their dedication to our guests’ needs! And for having mentioned Amber by name I think she is in the running for a end of month cash prize! Well deserved of course! Thank you kindly for the wonderful feedback and recognition, it is greatly appreciated!