“Seriously in need of a refresh-not worthy of the Marriott Brand”

Residence Inn West Palm Beach
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
New Hampshire
“Seriously in need of a refresh-not worthy of the Marriott Brand”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

During my recent visit to West Palm Beach, I stayed at this hotel and would have left if the other places in the area were not so expensive. The hotel is seriously run down-stained carpets, holes in the walls. The windows in my room were so filthy I could barely see out. At any time of day or night, as you walked through the halls there were bags of garbage piled outside of multiple doors. The parking lot toward the back of the hotel was poorly lit and I was concerned going in and out at night. There were little bugs crawling on the floor in the kitchen and bathroom. The coffee maker in the room was caked with white scale. Finally, on my last day, although I had the do not disturb sign on the door, housekeeping knocked loudly to see if they could get in and clean the room. This was at 9 am.

The only positive was that the staff were all friendly and helpful. But this place is in need of some serious work.

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel is next to the highway and there is major road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DressageQueen
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
I would like to apologize first and foremost for the condition of the room that you stayed in while a guest at my hotel. There should never be issues concerning cleanliness in a guest room and I know that you have come to expect more from Marriott. Thank you so much for bringing these concerns to my attention and we have addressed them accordingly to avoid further concerns in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything else I may do to assist in this situation or if you find yourself in the West Palm Beach area again. I would love to invite you back as my guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Jan 26-Feb 1. As RI goes, the property itself was not one of the best, as if the required amenities required by corporate were kind of crammed in, forced; the breakfast... so so compared to other RI is have been in. Not as much fresh food, fewer options, less variety. The gym... was kind of "forced" with no weights. Despite all of this, service was good, staff was pleasant, they made the stay pretty relaxing. Location is good in that it's right off the N95. Rooms were clean and well maintained, so no complaints there.

Despite the actual property being a bit old and dated, the overall experience was quite good. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom S
Maryland
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We've stayed at many Residence Inns and this location is generally good. The staff was very pleasant, the room was immaculate, and the breakfast was excellent. Just one comment, presented reluctantly.... There were apparently some families staying at the facility for the long term. When we came to the lobby to use the computer in the evening, the desk clerk was chatting with a number of adults while the children ran around unsupervised or tuned the TV loudly to a kids' channel. (Really, we love kids, but not controlling a hotel lobby.) One of the adults used the computer for 40 minutes and we reluctantly had to ask if we could use it to print our boarding passes. A business traveler trying to use her computer at the bar counter gave up and left because she was unable to concentrate. We sympathize with a hotel's limited authority to manage guests, but it made our stay a little less relaxing. We did very much appreciate the lovely lady who managed the breakfast room and the pleasant desk clerk who was there in the mornings and afternoon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbara1973
Newton, MA
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel was a good value for our needs. We have kids and like a suite experience and this met the bill. The pool was a bit small, but good enough, and it was convenient to 95. There are a few suite options in the immediate vicinity, so check them all out, but this one worked well for us and we are looking forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out to write this review. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to host you and your family and will pass along your great comments to our staff and management.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guests again soon.

Have a wonderful day!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Spacious rooms that are well laid out. Beds are comfortable. Clean premises and ideally located near Port Of Palm Beach perfect for cruises on Bahamas Celebration. Good breakfast. Good value for the price. Not too thrilled that dogs were allowed.

Room Tip: Ground floors best. Not sure what rooms dogs are allowed but while I was there there didn't see...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I always love to hear from our guests that we were able to host and satisfy. I will make sure to pass this along to the rest of the staff during our next meeting.

Have a wonderful day and please come and see us again if you find yourself in the West Palm Beach area.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful but in comparison to some newer RI's, this one was just a little "rough around the edges". The price was also $40 more than the competitor next door (but we didn't find that out until later). We always like Residence Inns but this one fell a bit short for the price. The breakfast and evening reception and free newspapers are always nice perks. They also gave us a water bottle and candy at check in and more water at check out when we were on the way to the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plain1s
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this review. I will be sharing your positive comments with my staff at our next meeting to let them know what a great job they did. I would also like to say that if you find yourself traveling back to the West Palm Beach area please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival and I will take care of your reservations personally to ensure the highest amount of value for your stay.

If there is anything else I may assist with please to not hesitate to call or email.

Have a wonderful day, and theank you again for staying with us.

Dan
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel was appropriate for my needs!! Their Evening Social Hour ( Monday thru Thursday only) offers complimentary "adult" beverages and food. While I was there, they served lasagna and salad one night and southwest taco salad with all the fixin's the next night!! The rooms are very comfortable and spacious!! The staff is excellent and warm!! The location of this hotel is right off I-95 which makes it convienent as well.
I am a Mariott Rewards Member by choice!! This property reenforces my choice!!! I will definately stay here again when I come back to WPB!!!

• Stayed September 2012