“Beds very uncomfortable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
blessedwife1
“Beds very uncomfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

The check in was good and the gentlemen were very friendly. After check in my children wanted to go in the pool. Come to find out there was a big group from the North traveling together who pretty much took over the pool area with there drinking, etc I did not appreciate them telling me that my kid could not join me in the hot tub when both my husband and I were present. The sign stated no children under 12 in the hot tub unless with adult supervision. I was angry because we did nothing wrong while at the same time these people had glass alcohol bottles around the pool which were not allowed. They were the ones who were breaking the rules. I reported them to the management because at the rate I was paying for our room it was ridiculous that they got away with taking over the pool area! The bed I had was the worst bed out of 4 hotels that we stayed at during this vacation. It was worn out even though they said it was only 3 months old. It had absolutely no support and you could just roll out of it if you weren't careful. I would not stay here again due the beds being so uncomfortable. They did end up giving me a discount because the rate was extreme anyway being that it was Spring break so I did appreciate that. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with the Residence In West Palm Beach. I am in the process of investigating this issue with the managers that were on duty in order to make sure we have a fair and safe environment for all guests. Glass should never be at any pool and I thank you again for bringing this to our attention. I am glad that we were able to rebate some of the orice and that you found the cleanliness to be up to par. I would like to offer my information if you would like to discuss this further or if you think I may assist in any other way. Have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Chose this property because we were going to be in town for Cardinals spring training for a longer period of time and our RV was in the shop. We were welcomed by a bubbly front desk manager and a very helpful and accommodating General Manager named Dan. The grounds and every aspect of the property were clean and very well maintained. The landscaping is beautiful. They have a nice happy hour during the week and a hot breakfast in the mornings which gets you out the door. Even though it is right off of I-95 it felt very safe. There is a Wal-Mart within a mile if you want to fill up your car with the most reasonable fuel in town!

Room Tip: We were in a two bdrm suite on a high-floor which was very nice. We had our two small dogs with us...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks when I first moved to west palm beach for work. Its conveniently located right by the interstate and 45th street. Serves you happy hour food and drinks Mon-Wed evenings and has a good variety of food for breakfast every morning. There is a cracker barrel within walking distance for dinner the other nights of the week.

I had my dog with me for the entire stay. There is supposed to be a pet fee, but i was never charged. The hotel is down a side road with other hotels and a small business park area. Plenty of real estate to take the dog for a walk. At no point did I feel i was in an unsafe area walking my dog. There is plenty of lighting and there isn't much traffic. I would always encounter someone else for a jog or walking their dog while I was out.

Rooms were very clean and well stocked. I didnt expect a full size fridge and utensils stocked, but the kitchen is fully usable. The evening manager or front desk attendant was so sweet and helpful. She got me whatever I needed. Really helped me have a pleasant stay. I had actually booked 1 week at the Red Roof down the street because the Residence Inn was full. So glad I made the switch to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor, very quiet. Take the stairs, the elevator runs very slowly.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello Alison,

I want to say thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you stay was a pleasant one and will be sharing your response with the staff. Please feel free to contact me personally should the need arise in the future.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently to avoid a late-night drive home. I was pleasantly surprised to see a variety of families and their pets out and about - all quiet, responsible pets and owners too! As an animal lover, I could not ask for a more homey feeling.

We don't like to breakfast in the lobby but I went and grabbed some fruit and muffins for us in the morning, and it looked like a good crowd. Definitely go early if you have food preferences, because by 10 pickins were slim.

Leah at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and an asset to the hotel. Thanks for a great guest experience!

Room Tip: If you have a pet ask for first floor near exit - faster to walk and don't have to deal with sta...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in making every guest feel welcome and being an extended stay property we try and invite our guests to join the family while they are with us. I will make sure to pass along your wonderful comments to our staff during our next emplyee meeting.

Have a wonderful day.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I decided on a Florida vacation for Christmas. Since the weather can be unpredictable and I had a couple of free night awards from Marriott, we decided to stay at the Residence Inn for part of our trip (before moving next door to the Homewood Suites). The location of the hotel worked great for us. It’s next to I-95 and just one exit away from Blue Heron Road and the Singer Island beaches. It’s also just two exits north of City Place with the shopping, movies, and restaurants.

The room was nice and big with a studio apartment feel to it. There’s a full kitchen but we weren’t on vacation to cook and didn’t use it. Since our room was near the rear of the hotel, it was nice to be able to park in back and enter from a side door instead of having to go through the lobby each time.

The hotel is “pet friendly” so you can expect to hear an occasional dog bark. It was never an issue at night though.

The complimentary breakfast was nothing to write home about but it was free.

Would I stay there again? Probably, but I’m more a fan of Courtyard by Marriott than their Residence Inn brand.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JRMChicago
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I ended up checking in and then promptly checking out because I have asthma.
I booked through a third party who's mobile "Express Deal" site did not indicate that pets were allowed there. So at 7:15 at night, my travel companion and I started looking for another place to stay in the area within our budget. The front desk staffer was unaccomodating to say the least, at first offering to help us with our taxi fare "from her own pocket" and then denying it. She then locked the front door behind us as myself and my disabled friend waited for a taxi to another hotel outside.
I contacted Marriott Corporate about this, received a call the next morning from the GM who promised to call me the very next day at the same time after having a chance to speak to his staffer to hear her side of the story. I told him that I'd appreciate and was not seeking anything more than an apology.

Guess what? The General Manager never bothered to follow up with me. It was a bad reflection on Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank GringaGrrrl
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I wanted to start off by letting you know that I did attempt to contact you on 12/10/2013 around 10am and left a message on the same phone number that we spoke on the day before. I am sorry that the express mobile reservation site for Priceline did not have the information about us being pet friendly available and have put the request in with Priceline for future guests that may book. Please let me know if there is anything else that I may assist with and have a wonderful day.
Bedford, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We chose this Marriott Rewards property for it's location to the venues for a family wedding. Although the room was newly remodeled and quite adequate for the four of us, the overall quality of the hotel was not up to standards we generally find in other Marriott properties. However, the age of the hotel could have been a factor in this. The shabbiness in the public areas generally made us feel it was not as clean as it could have been. The staff did not display the friendliness we usually observe at Marriott, as well. Never rude or unprofessional, again not up to the standards we have experienced at properties in other areas of the country. Would we stay there again? Probably would not be our 1st choice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BaylorMom15
Hello and thank you for writing your review about your stay. I am so sorry that we were not able to provide the same service that you have grown to love from our wonderful brand and would like to invite you to return as MY guest at a time of your choosing to allow us the pleasure of making this right.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally if the need should arise in the future.

Dan Patino