La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
“Nightmare”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here last weekend and this place is horrible, dirty and dingy. The walls are paper thin you can hear everything in the halls as if they are inside your room. The lighting is horrible at the vanity. I couldn't even see to put my makeup on. Who puts pendants at a sink? What were the designers thinking? The breakfast is a joke. They never even had enough of what they were offering. One of the elevators were broken so it took forever trying to go in and out. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were glad to find a cool, clean, comfortable room available at about midnight when we stopped. The bed was comfortable, the wi fi worked well, and breakfast was satisfying with waffles, hot cereal, muffins, juice, apples, etc. But there were so many guests there at about 9 that it was hard to get to the items we wanted. We had to wait for the orange juice to be replaced when it was gone. There were noisy guests above us who we heard when we checked in at midnight and again at about 5 a.m. The desk service was good when we arrived and left.

Room Tip: Top floor - you won't hear thumping going on above you at least!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I would not stay here again. While the rooms were okay, there were people who really looked "out of it" coming in and out of the hotel all all hours. Rungs were removed from the pool fence, allowing access to the pool directly from the parking lot, and once in the pool area the side door directly into the hotel was propped open by a rock allowing access to the hotel at any time without notice. We were scared to go outside. There were men parked and waiting in dark areas of the parking lot all evening (and urinating there as well). At breakfast, a woman came to eat in her underwear (no kidding) and another woman was babbling. The hotel was nice several years ago, but I would never return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Copper1999
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I love to stay at La Quinta hotels because I have two small dogs and they are the only place that takes dogs for free. It is a great location right off of I-95, but if you don't like noise of highway don't stay on the east side of the building, however the noise was greatly reduced but he windows. The hotel is old, but clean and the front desk staff and breakfast staff are great. The rugs were stained and old and a little smelly, but since its a "dog friendly" hotel, its understandable, but they need to shampoo the carpets in the rooms between guest and at least once a week in the hallways if they can.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Edna B
west palm beach, fl, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hotel was dirty, room and lobby area smelled like old cigarettes and the demo that stayed there made me feel unsafe. The walls were too thin and I could hear everything and one. The elevator had trash and cigarette buds all over the floor and wasnt clean. The overall impression of the hotel was awful. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Kissimmee FL
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is located in a business type area and was close to the hospital. The rooms are clean and neat however there are a lot of local people who reside there and since I travel alone I felt unsafe by the numerous cars driving around and the fact that I was awaken at 3:45 and 4:15 AM by a man looking for someone. Front desk was slow to answer my frightened call and security was slow to come. This was on the 3rd floor - the second night I was on the 6th floor and had no problems. However, the general "feel" isn't good for a single female travelling with a child. Also the breakfast is poor in quality and choices compared to other hotels I've stayed in. The front desk was kind and helpful however and if they get the pool area fixed so the door into the hotel isn't left open for anyone and lock the pool area it would help. I generally like LaQuintas because they allow dogs and I try to stay there even when I don't have mine with me. However, this one needs to work on it's security and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I stay at a lot of hotels in this chain. I asked for lower room. When I checked in the desk clerk said I had asked for a king and so I was assigned 3rd floor. I told her it really didn't matter what bed size. She said they had no rooms on 1st floor anyway. I went to my room. I went back down to my car and had to walk by the front desk. A person was checking in and the clerk offered the first floor to the guest. The guest wanted the third floor. The desk clerk was too lazy to assign a lower floor room. I was disappointed.

Convenient location for 95 access but also convenient for riff-raff type of guests. So, no, I don't think I'll stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2014