“Wonderful marriott property!”

West Palm Beach Marriott
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was privileged to spend a girls' week here with my mom on the Marriott concierge level. Our room was spacious and clean, and I'm still daydreaming about how nice the hotel gym was. The concierge lounge was well stocked and the concierge staff could not have been nicer. Actually, every staff member we encountered was warm, friendly, and helpful. Thank you for a fantastic stay; we'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ALW_30
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear ALW_30,

Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased to know your stay here was enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the West Palm Beach Marriott and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I am Marriott platinum level member therefore when on business the opportunity to stay where I have access to the concierge lounge for breakfast is very important to me
This is my 4th stay here and it is really not a marriott property I would recommend.
I arrived on march 26th and the week previous I had received an email from one of the managers saying my requests for room location/type, etc had been met, looking forward to visit
Upon arrival -- not as promised!
I immediately went back to front desk and had to PROVE my requests by pulling up the earlier email!
I felt I was being talked down to and literally BEGGED for points compensation.. I received a pentance to shut me up!
Within the hour the manager that I had " called by name" from my email had left a room message with a promise to be moved the next day and his apology
Question-- WHY did I have to have proof and call someone out by name to get that type of result in the end??
Poor person that arrived without this prior email!!
STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE-- for the price vs the value-- there are other locations within a five mile radius for my next years visit to the area!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear cruisinbellwoman,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Please give us the opportunity to host you the next time your travel plans take you to West Palm Beach.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for business meeting. Shuttle service was great in getting you to and from airport and also to shops and restaurants at City Place. We also were able to walk to shops and restaurants (15 minutes). There are a number of street crossings but there are sidewalks and signals. Starbucks cafe on site for coffee. Rooms were good sized with comfortable bed. There is a refrigerator in room but no mini bar set up. There is room service. Pool area is ok but lots of car and train noise given the location. Outdoor sheeting in courtyard was pleasant with a couple of fire pit tables.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Kerin G,

We appreciate you taking to time to write a review about our hotel. We are proud of our location to the airport and the downtown area. Please accept our sincerest apologies about the noise from the train and cars. I am happy to know you were able to enjoy the courtyard and fire pit. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you the next time you are in West Palm Beach.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We flew into PBI, so this hotel was very convenient, with a shuttle, which not only takes you to and from the airport, but will take you to the nearby shopping and restaurants. The room was newly decorated and very clean. The pool is nice and warm and the gym better than the average hotel fitness center. The on site restaurant is very good, a bonus for tired travelers.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear rountreec,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip advisor. I am happy to hear you were able to utilize the shuttle to explore the nearby shops and restaurants. I am also very pleased the hotel was to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing the West Palm Beach Marriott and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I booked a room here through our company's booking site, and when I came to check in I was asked for my personal credit card to hold the room on it. This is unheard of considering I stayed at two other hotels in the past week booking the same way, and they only asked for a personal credit card for incidentals. I was not happy about that. Then I got stuck with the room outside the housekeeping area, so it was loud with non-stop door slamming. I quickly asked for a new room & was given one. I find the rooms to be okay, not anything to brag about, but they’re clean & roomy, beds were a little small, but I am one person staying here for one night, I’ll survive! I ate at the restaurant with co-workers, and had a less then pleasant experience. I am a vegetarian, and found little to no options on the menu aside from a non-filling salad. The waiter was good; however, the person who helps them bring out the food was rude. I ordered something that did not have meat listed as an ingredient (in English), and when my food came, it clearly had bacon on it. The server tried to tell me it was not meat, but it was clearly bacon! He then walked away from me while I was speaking. It was so unbelievably rude. I couldn't believe I was experiencing this. All in all I would never stay here again or recommend it to family or friends.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! You go one block over & it's frighteningly unsafe!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cat C

Dear Cat C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the miscommunication at check in and the negative experience in the restaurant as this is not Marriott standards. I am pleased to hear the front desk staff was able to find you another room upon your request. We will use the information that you provided to retrain our staff so we can provide great customer service, and we will discuss with the chef to add more vegetarian dishes to the menu. We hope this did not deter you from returning to our hotel the next time your travel plans take you to West Palm Beach.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here overnight while in West Palm Beach. The hotel was really nice. Parking was a bit confusing at first. There are 2 lots in the back and some spots have numbers. After calling, I was told you can ignore the numbers and park in any open spot. Good to know!

The room was clean, decent sized and had an amazing bed -- slept great!

The hotel has a shuttle that will drive you downtown to the restaurants/bars and pick you back up. I ended up staying at the hotel and had dinner at The Bistro 1001. I started with the crab cake and it was out of this world. I think it's important to note that you only get 1, so if you plan on sharing definitely order more than one {it's that good}. For my entree I went with the Grilled Local Day Boat Fish {red snapper}. It was so, so good. The mushroom risotto it was served with was perfect. Great flavor and texture.

I can't wait until travel brings me back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Natalee S, Guest Relations Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear en1187,

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to know you were able enjoy the downtown area along with the shuttle service that we provide. I am also very pleased to know were able to dine in our restaurant, our herbs and vegetables comes from our very own garden and the fish is from local venders (daily). Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to hosting you the time you are in the West Palm Beach.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Our plans suddenly changed and we needed to stay one night in the heart of Palm Beach. We didn't expect the renovated rooms, new bathroom and spacious hallways. More than sufficient for the price. Steps away from great restaurants. We recommend dining outside the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Mary J

Dear Mary J,

Thank you for providing us with a feedback about your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear you had a chance to explore the local area and the hotel was to your satisfaction. Please look us up the next time your travel plans take you to the West Palm Beach area.