“Great Location, Excellent lobby, not very impressive concierge lounge”

West Palm Beach Marriott
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great Location, Excellent lobby, not very impressive concierge lounge”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for a night at this location. While the front desk staff and bar were great at serving the guest, the concierge lounge staff was on the clock, taking away the food while guests were still grabbing breakfast at 10.02 (the BF finishes at 10.00 am). Well, that may be true in a military installation to be punctual, it is a bit too rude and impolite especially when it is expected that the concierge level is for "extra-mile" service dedicated to the loyal customers of Marriott. Anyway, when the management was informed, they were sincerely apologetic. I will definitely stay there again. Location is great. The rear has a lake and overlooking the highway at a distance, Nice view of sunset. Try getting 9th or 10th floor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank R S
Ty L, Front Office Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear R S,

Once again, our sincerest apologies for not fufilling your expectations in the Concierge Lounge. The "extra-mile" service is what we stand for and strive to maintain. We are truly appreciative when you mentioned you will return to our hotel. We look forward to hosting your return and another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms..good location to West Palm activities & right off 95 exit. Not in safe or short walking distance to Clematis St or City Place..nice pool/Courtyard area for a Marriott. I liked their Employee "Empowering Program" that I experienced due to cable problems with the TV..the kind Gentleman maintenance person have me a chocolate & bottle waters for my inconvienance while explaining how the system worked..nice touch!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Melinda H
Dear Melinda H,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff service. This is the best aspect of our hotel and we strive for excellence. We hope you return whenever you plan on visiting Palm Beach once again. We look forward to hosting your return.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My sister and I were in town for a concert at Cruzan Amphitheater and we arrived ahead of our check-in time but were promptly accommodated into one of the highest floors with a view of the water. The room was spotless, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The toiletries were refreshing as well. When making the original reservation, I had made a request for extra pillows and towels but seeing as I had checked in earlier than planned, when contacting the concierge, they were able to fulfill my request right away.
We ordered lunch from their Bistro restaurant, and the staff were very attentive and expedited our order. It seems the Bistro menu changes from the afternoon to the evening, but in our room we were provided with both menus and when I attempted to order their evening menu, I was informed by the bartender, that the menu was not the same as the one provided in our room. I decided to not order dinner but contacted the concierge to find out why the menus in the restaurant and the one located in my room did not match but I was informed that the bartender was misinformed and that they were serving the dinner menu shown and if they could assist me in placing and expediting my order. Additionally, we noticed an additional charge from the restaurant on our hotel folio, except I had paid separately for our lunch at the restaurant but the front desk was able to immediately correct this error upon check-out. These were the only inconveniences we experienced at their restaurant but the hotel staff was very polite and friendly at all times. The housekeeping staff were also very attentive with us and provided us with additional toiletries at our request.

The internet was complimentary if you wanted to just check email and browse the internet, there is a charge if you want to download larger files. Additionally, the parking was free and it was conveniently located to City Place and we were able to get some shopping done the next day.

Look forward to traveling to this area again and staying at this property.

Room Tip: I would highly suggest signing up to the Marriott Rewards Program as it made our early check-in poss...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank margothkatty
Ty L, Front Office Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear margothkatty,

First, I apologize for the billing and menu errors. I'm delighted our staff handled these incidents with professionalism and efficiency. Thank you for choosing the Marriott West Palm Beach as your destination and we look forward to hosting your return.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Beautiful hotel. Very friendly staff. We arrived early and once I let the clerk know I wanted to check in she immediately checked for availability and found a room. This demonstrates customer service. I have received a negative response so many times before for attempting to check in early from other hotel chains it was very refreshing to be at a customer friendly hotel. The Bistro restaurant food was above par. Also excellent service. Free shuttle to the City Walk downtown area. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in West Palm Beach Florida.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CongaPete
Dear CongaPete,

Your kind words are truly appreiciated. Our staff pays close attention to special requests, such as an early check in. We strive to provide the excellent, consistent service Marriott provides to our guests. We look forward to hosting your return the next time you take that short drive from Ft. Lauderdale.
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff makes you feel welcome. Always friendly with greetings. The Bistro also serves good food. Hotel is conveniently located to fine eating establishments and downtown area.

I will stay here again if visiting the area. Marriott is always consistent with service levels and ease to deal with for using points.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jim M,

Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to Marriott. I'm delighted to know our staff was friendly and welcoming. (would you expect any less from a Marriott) We look forward to hosting your return.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We had such a wonderful stay over Memorial weekend that we returned for a 3-night stay over July 4! Once again we had a memorable, relaxing, and fun stay. The hotel is very clean, the food is scrumptious, and the bonus Indian wedding of 700 was a wonder to observe but in no way hampered our visit. We used the hotel shuttle to enjoy a movie at the nearby City Place and some afternoon shopping. We watched the fireworks from our room! We love this hotel and look forward to our next stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcia H
Ty L, Front Office Manager at West Palm Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Marcia H,

Thank you for once again choosing us as your return destination. We're delighted to have, now, a repeat customer as this is the foundation for all establishments. We cannot wait to host your return to the Palm Beach area.
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This place was one of the cleanest place's I've ever stayed at!! Staff was awesome!! Helpful!! Thanks for the great stay. If I'm in town a again I'm staying here. Had a x2 fire pit plenty of seating outside . Felt very safe here . Also don't forget they have shuttle van for downtown area! And wii in the lobby for the kids to play !

Stayed July 2014
Dear April G,

Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is precious to us as we take great pride in providing excellent customer service. We look forward to hosting your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West ...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central

Been to West Palm Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!