“Attention to detail”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Attention to detail”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I loved Casa Grandview. On our first visit, we arrived after 9 pm, Kirk greeted us like we were family, gave us a tour of the grounds, even at the late hour. The cottage was well appointed - flat screen TV, comfy furniture, fridge, magazines, even some Ina Garten cook books. The sheets on the bed were amazing - soft and smooth, silky, as if they had been pressed (more luxurious than the linens at either the Four Seasons or the Ritz in Palm Beach). We made coffee in the morning (there was even cinnamon to add to the grounds) in our suite before settling down on the veranda for breakfast. The tables were set with place mats, matching napkins in rings, elegant glassware. Breakfast began with a warm pastry. Next, we enjoyed the fruit medley. I picked around the bananas, and the subsequent days my fruit dish contained NO bananas. Next, we had three eggs, made to order, with a selection of breakfast meats. Meanwhile, our coffee mugs and juice glasses were filled and refilled. During the day, the main house was open to the guests. There was coffee available, as well as snacks, magazines, DVDs, and literature about local attractions. There was a lovely piano in the living room - I wished I knew how to play! We sat by the pool, and in our cottage's Adirondack chairs, but never felt like other guests were encroaching on our "space".

We loved the resort so much, that we booked a second trip. Our first visit was in January 2013, our second in April, 2013. We are well-traveled, have stayed at many high-end hotels in the US and Europe, have cruised many times. This bed and breakfast is one of our favorite places. The inn-keepers are warm and friendly, as is the staff. NO COMPLAINTS!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We spent a Saturday night in the Sundance South Suite at Casa Grandview. The suite was spacious, attractively decorated and perfectly maintained. Clearly the owners, Kirk and Cheryl, take great pride in their property, located in the charming historic district of West Palm Beach, close to the Norton Art Museum and downtown restaurants and a convenient location for exploring Palm Beach as well. We enjoyed relaxing in the large sitting area of the suite, reading or watching tv. Sunday morning breakfast was delicious, with pastry, fresh fruit and eggs. A friendly, yet professionally-run B&B.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I booked an overnight stay to celebrate our 17th anniversary as a surprise for my husband. We stayed in one of the cottages. Originally, we booked to stay in one of the rooms in the house, but our hostess upgraded the room. It gave us a private area and it was a very comfortable, clean, well decorated room. The bedding was awesome. We slept like babies. The food is amazing. We gifted another new couple with an overnight....that's how pleased we were.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at Casa Grandview in July and really enjoyed our stay. The cabin was immaculate and so comfortable, that you wanted nothing to do but relax with a good book. The breakfast each morning was amazing, try the veggie patties with vegetable omelet, and gave us the fuel for our days plans. The City Place mall was a 10 minute walk for shopping, restaurants or movies. The Norton Museum of Art was an enjoyable way to spend a rainy afternoon. They provided bicycles so we could bike to the island, took us only 15 minutes, to enjoy beautiful sand and warm clean water. Clematis street and the trolleys were a great way to end the day.
Kirk, Sheryl and Yaheida take great pride in providing their guests a fantastic experience. The perfect balance of checking in or providing insights into the area while respecting your privacy and relaxation. One of the best bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed at, and will stay again!

1 Thank Ben S
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Kirk, Sheryl, Yaheida were phenomenal to me and my wife. We had a quick getaway to West Palm for the weekend. They made our stay pleasant with great southern hospitality. The 3 course breakfast every morning was perfect. I had omelets both mornings, which they make to your liking. The pastries were oozing with goodness! Our room was great. We had the Sundace South Suit which was just the right size...not too big and not too small. It was peaceful, so we didn't hear too much noise at all. The whole property had serenity written all over it and manicured real well. Pretty quite and peaceful. I liked both pool areas, with the salt water pool being my favorite, because of the landscape. All in all, this was a nice, pleasant stay that me and my wife enjoyed very much, because of the hospitality and the closeness to everything downtown Palm Beach has to offer! City Place is only 2 main blocks up, which is a pretty cheap cab ride or drive. Clematis street...other nightlife and restaurants is 3 main blocks away. Proximity is your friend at Grandview. We enjoyed every minute of our stay...Thanks Casa Grandview!!!

1 Thank khouse11
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Casa Grandview this past weekend to celebrate his birthday. We had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. We enjoyed some time at the heated pool and were treated well by the owners, as well as their primary assistant.
I was very impressed by how immaculately the grounds are maintained...the landscaping is absolutely beautiful.
Most of all, we enjoyed breakfast on the patio each morning of our stay. The owners, Cheryl and Kirk, as well as their assistant Yajaida, make breakfast a dream! Breakfast is 3 course, with pastries, exquisite fruit, and breakfast entrees made to order. It was so delicious and beautifully presented. Not only did we enjoy the food, but the interaction and excellent service from the staff was a plus.
Lastly, this bed and breakfast is a great value for the accommodations and service offered. The suites are large with great furnishings. There's also snacks in the room, plush bathrobes, and Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
The hubby and I will definitely return and recommend Casa Grandview to our family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm almost scared to share this secret gem in fear I won't be able to get back in when I want to!! My husband and I booked Casa Grandview for the Dave Matthews concert because I waited too long to book our regular accommodations at the Ritz Carlton in Palm Beach. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it ended up to be the BEST thing that could have happened and I probably won't bother going back to the Ritz unless it is to use the spa as Cheryl has thought of absolutely every amenity possible. We also towed our boat over as after the DMB concert we were heading to the Keys for mini season lobstering. My husband was concerned about parking the boat for those two days, but Cheryl was so very accommodating and gracious and gave us multiple options and it all worked out perfectly!! Upon arrival, their wonderful Innkeeper showed us our reserved room, which was as expected and would have been perfect. However, she then showed us a possible upgrade, which we took, and it was amazing.
The main house only has three rooms, then there are cottages (actually houses), pool cabana units, and deco units. I was able to see multiple other units other than the Key West that we stayed in and I can tell you all of the ones I saw were absolutely wonderful and I can't imagine anything less from the units I didn't see. Cheryl definitely has a flair for decorating that makes everything feel very homey, inviting, and comfortable. She chooses the highest quality of furnishings, decorations, linens, towels, and toiletry items. We had the most plush Nautica towels (I wish I could find those for home!), soft sheets, Gilchrest and Soames bath gels, shampoo, and conditioner, etc. Upon arrival our kitchen refrigerator was stocked with soda and water for our convenience (complimentary!!!). I could easily stay at the Key West cottage indefinitely with only my clothing. She has thought of everything. The kitchen is fully stocked, I'm an avid cook, and although this trip did not entail any cooking, I would not have had to bring a single kitchen item. All of the outdoor pool areas and surrounding gardens and walkways are absolutely amazing. There are numerous gas grills situated outside along paths for use, as well as lounge chairs and hammocks. Music plays outside on the front and side porches and there are a number of places to sit and relax or visit. The property would be fabulous for a family reunion or a large group gathering. The previously raved about breakfast is amazing!!! Virtually anything you want. The banannas foster french toast is highly recommended, as well as the western omelet, the guava pastries, or just about anything else you can think of! The location is great and within walking distance to City Walk and a number of shops and restaurants and just a short drive or even a bike ride (bike are available on site) to the waterfront. I'd like to plan a girls' getway to Casa Grandview, but I know my husband will be disappointed as he thoroughly enjoyed the stay as well. I can not fathom how anyone could be disappointed, this is truly an amazing property maintained by owners that clearly choose quality and provide a wonderful experience.

2 Thank Lori S
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn, Cottages and Suites? Share your experiences!