“A MOST ENJOYABLE DINING EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acquolina

Acquolina
Reserve with OpenTable
Acquolina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 126 Restaurants in Weston
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N.E. Corner of Royal Palm Blvd and Weston Rd.
Transit: Just West of 75 and one exit North of 595 Acquolina is your first right hand turn on Weston Road when heading North from Royal Palm Blvd. Located on the North End of Waterway Shoppes II
Description: 2010 ZAGAT RATED BEST NEW RESTAURANT IN SOUTH FLORIDA. Acquolina " Italian for mouth watering" is an authentic Southern Italian favorite offering Manhattan style dining with a great atmosphere. We feature a wide variety of off the menu specials prepared fresh daily. Our menu is offered family style as well as individual portions. Please visit our website for a preview of our full menu. Mangia (please specify water side patio preference or inside dining in the notes section)
Boca Raton, Florida
“A MOST ENJOYABLE DINING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

There was outside seating in comfortable wicker chairs under an overhang on the rear patio. And with a view of a small lake. But it was the wrong time of the year for sitting outdoors. Therefore, I opted for the cool AC indoors. The dining room was neat. White table cloths. Soft lighting over the bar and tables. Pleasant background music. A classy and relaxing atmosphere.

Though the luncheon buffet was being set up, I ordered from the menu. I went for the Lasagna Bolognese Al Forno: "oven baked pasta layered with authentic bolognese meat sauce, bechamel and mozzarella." While that entrée was being prepared a waitperson brought me a basket of fresh Italian bread. Right out of the oven. Actually hot to the touch initially. And very tasty.

The lasagna stack was brought to my table swimming in the meat sauce, just the way I like it. And this entrée was simply delicious. I couldn't put my fork down. There was plenty of food. Though I could have polished off all the lasagna, discretion was the better part of appetite. So I walked out with a doggie bag.

A most enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Nice Italian Fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Desperate for some comfort food, I sought out something Italian. I was pleased to find the restaurant able to accommodate me without reservations on Father's Day. While a little on the expensive side, the food was quality and right sized portions. The bread was amazing and I enjoyed dessert. Would visit again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“So-So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife wanted to try a different restaurant and someone had recommend Acquolina. We went there early on a Saturday night without reservations. It was crowed but they were able to sit us immediately, by the lake, which was very pleasant. The restaurant is small, but very nice. The waiter we had was very attentive and pleasant. However, the food is somewhat expensive and all sides are separate. For example, a side of pasta is $6.95 and a house salad is also $6.95. Items that you would normally get with your meal at the neighborhood Italian restaurant. My wife got the Lobster Ravioli which was served in a brandy infused pink sauce with baby shrimp. It was very good, however quite "rich". I order the Lasagna Bolognese with meat sauce, bechamel and mozzarella. Was it the worst lasagna that I have ever had, no, that goes to a place in Lexington, Virginia, however, it was the second worst. I am glad that I only ordered a 1/2 size. It had little or no meat and the cheese was very creamy. The flavor was poor and needless to say, I didn't finish it. We were served a crusty bread, which I don't think that they baked. Next time, I am sticking to my neighborhood Italian restaurant where the lasagna is better, the salad is included with fresh baked yeast rolls and it is better on the wallet.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andytown
Weston, Florida
“good food and nice atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Good food and atmosphere. A bit pricey. Try the lasagna, it’s awesome!
It’s a nice neighborhood restaurant for an special occasion with family, friends or associates.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mishmish-Lilu
Weston, Florida
“Happy place and good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great place for adults, you can choose single size meal or family size. Food is great and services too. The only thing I don't like is tables too close to esch other.

• Visited March 2014